Texas Star Golf Course

Texas Star Golf Course
Texas 71 6936 yards 74.1 136
Scorecard for Texas Star Golf Course
Texas M: 74.1/136 425 382 147 420 454 389 516 217 422 3372 539 337 457 431 245 370 179 471 535 3564 6936
Blue M: 72.2/126 395 367 127 400 428 380 497 196 379 3169 521 305 441 414 212 347 169 446 505 3360 6529
White M: 70.1/121 W: 75.3/130 357 318 107 382 364 366 479 176 350 2899 504 279 383 394 188 327 152 413 483 3123 6022
Red W: 69.0/120 294 275 87 312 311 339 425 134 253 2430 438 265 307 278 137 278 108 334 387 2532 4962

Year Built 1997
Architect Keith Foster (1997)

Caddies Yes

Amazing Food 12

Absolutely Beautiful And Something For Everyone

First time to play this course and I must say the staff, amenities and course were phenomenal. The smells get a bit weird now and then being right next to a landfill, but for the most part the bugs weren’t bad at all. Greens are in pristine shape for the end of August. Top 5 must play course in DFW.

Wow, so Green!

Even after a drought, course in great shape, no burn marks or dead grass patches, greens in great shape, landscaping very nice. Great design with a couple tricked up holes, nothing too over the top. Love all the blind tee shots and rolling contour. I will return!

Best Course in the Mid-Cities

I am a member at Texas Star, so my review may be a bit biased, but it is the best golf course I have played in the Mid-Cities area. The fairways are in great shape, and the greens are soft and beautifully green. The golf carts have pretty accurate GPS in them, and the practice range is a real treat. A separate chipping area with a huge bunker and 3 or 4 holes to chip to, a very challenging putting green and a 3 tier driving range.

My only gripe about Texas Star is that some rounds can get over 5 hours, but when there are so many people out on the course enjoying themselves, its hard to be mad at the course.

Texas Star

First time here, did not leave disappointed (except at my score). Great shape, good true greens, even after an apparent semi-recent aeriating. Mental note of the day-the wind swirls here like none other. You stand on the tee, it’s at your back. Before you hit, it’s across. Made it very interesting. Can’t wait to come back & play Texas Star again!

Oklahoma Advisor

Great Texas course with new greens

I say that they have redone the greens. I am not sure, but a local told me that and they were very fast. But they were very fair and consistent throughout the day. My wife and I got lucky and a cool front moved in and dropped the temp to high 80's and it was awesome. The course is in great shape and the only annoyance is the pace of play seems to always be kind of slow out here. But the layout,conditions and the people that work here are great!

Great Track

Awesome public course!! Really good layout, interesting holes, risk/reward holes. It has everything you could ask for. Only drawback was the Poa creeping into most of the greens, hopefully as it heats up this summer that will die out but it made some of the putts tough. Otherwise it's a must play if you are in DFW!!!

WIndy and Tough

Played on a day that started out perfect and turned quite uncomfortable on easter. The course was a great layout with the exception of the par 3's. There's no need for multiple 220 yard par 3's. Otherwise the course is awesome! Very tough especially when the wind picks up. Strong test for any golfer.

Dallas Advisor

Texas Star

It is obvious that the staff of Texas Star takes pride in their course! The course is currently great shape. From tee to green it was hard to find anything wrong with this course. The greens are fair and roll true. The bunkers were renovated a few years ago and look amazing. I now know why it is hard to get a tee time out here. The beverage cart came around 6 times during the round, and always stocked with gatorade. The only negative is that the course is located near a landfill. The wind happened to be blowing our way, so you could smell it on the front 9. With that being said, it was not bad enough to ruin the round. I recommend the course to anyone and can not wait to play here again!

Old favorite needs some attention.

For months have tried to get back to play a round here. Was a perineal favorite years ago. This place has tons of tournaments so plan accordingly.

Usually a single walk on is considered a valuable contributor to course operations. For many reasons, including optimized cart usage and revenue to fill out short show foursomes. Here they penalize a single. Though the online tee time page, you can book a discounted tee time as twosome or more. A single can't book with the same avenue and will be charged full $80 price. Shop staff says that is by design.

Fosters layout is challenging and memorable. Conditions through the green are good to great. A few blind shots and hidden creeks make prior rounds helpful. Rely on the gps. Front nine has super tight tee shots and thigh high brush or forest if you miss. The greens were bent grass years ago. They have switched to a tif version and played poorly this day. They were aerated recently no had not been mowerd in days. Made recovery and scoring putts limited. Bunker play is likely so feel good as they have the "good sand". The corse stuff that provides spin and rarely plugs.

For service, the cart staff are great. Cart pick up car side. Low cart battery on course deployed replacement cart without having to call.

Glad I went but wish price issue and greens were better.

Fun course with excellent greens and fairways

Played as a 3 some in 4 hours on a busy Sunday afternoon. Water available every 2-3 holes and the cart girl came by 3-4 times. Greens and fairways were superb. They are being punched 6/12-13.

Holes with plenty of variety and challenge. One of the best public courses in the area in my opinion.

Oklahoma Advisor

Great course for anyone visiting DFW area

My wife and I played here during a recent trip to dfw. It was kind of windy, 15-25 mph. This course is priced right and very scenic.we saw wildlife and hilly interesting layouts. Not common in this part of the country. Nice pro shop, friendly people everywhere. We did have a group slowing everyone down, but by 12th hole the ranger had come out and made them move on. We teed off at 2:30 and were done by 7:15. Even joined a couple of locals (Dirk and Ryan) at 12 and they were great ambassadors of Dallas golf. Play here if you are a golfer!

Texas Star

We had an awesome experience at Texas Star. From the time we arrived to the moment we left the staff remained extremely professional and courteous. The course was in great shape, my picture does this course 0 justice. There were plenty of cart girls running so we never went thirsty. The golf carts were in great shape and had gps to make things easier. Our green and cart fees included balls for the driving range. The first few holes are on the easier side, but they get exponentially more difficult the further you progress. Great club selection is a must, and make sure to take plenty of extra balls. My only complaint was that the round took much longer than what I'm used to, but in their defense, they were packed. It was a slower pace but the marshals kept things moving steady. All in all, if you want to play a beautiful course with a stellar staff, I highly recommend this course.

Great afternoon twighlight rates

Nice course and typically pretty open during the week. Euless is very much a working class community which is probably why it's easy to get on during the week for cheap. Challenging course with many holes where a 10 handicap will gladly take bogey which makes you you press on the easier holes.

No wonder it's tough to get tee times

Fantastic course, it's a must play for anyone coming to the Dallas area. Excellent staff and the course was in great shape even though some of the surrounding areas had seen flooding.

Great Course; secret local rule??

No push carts allowed? GolfNow states it is a walking friendly course. My playing partner and I were walking to 18th tee, with our push carts, when someone drove up to us in a cart and asked us how we got our push carts on the course. Did he think we had someone throw them over the fence? Helicoptered in? Didn't know how to answer except to say we had talked with the starter on number 1 (not to mention 2 marshals and a host of ground crew). He just said push carts were not allowed, it's a city thing, and drove away. Wow. I'll tell you what it is; it's a revenue thing. Ridiculous

Play Texas Star

Challenging course in great condition. Rare to find terrain like this in North Texas!

Great time at Texas Star

Played with a few buddies this past Sunday. The course was in terrific condition, with the exception of one hole. I think it was hole 2. A marshall let us know that someone on the grounds crew may have run over a sprinkler, causing it to flood in a low area. They had that area drained and marked off within an hour or two, so no big deal. Other than that, the fairways and greens were all in fantastic shape. All of the greens were well maintained and rolled true. One of the best things about Texas Star, was the time between groups. They have a full 10min between groups, so we never felt rushed by the group behind us, and never felt slowed by the group in front of us. Difficulty wise, Texas Star is pretty fair. I'm still a bit of a high handicapper (15 - 18), yet still had opportunities to score. The bunkers on the course are fair as well; they're placed well, so someone who is a bit less accurate like me ends up in them, but they're a bit easier to get out of which helps keep your average golfer from getting too frustrated. For your more advanced golfer, I believe there are a good amount of challenges to keep them excited. There are a good amount of blind shots, tricky water placement holes, and even some holes that could tempt the longer hitter to try for it in one. Overall, Texas Star truly is one of the best courses I've played in this area. It is a little more expensive at $75, but in my opinion, it is well worth it for the quality of the play offered here. I'd highly recommend that you try it out if you're in the area.

Excellent layout

Played in the afternoon at a freat pace. Great course! Great shape! Highly recommended!

Euless, Texas