Tour 18 Dallas

Preferred (W) 72 6202 yards 77.7 149
Preferred 72 6202 yards 70.6 128
Forward (W) 72 5493 yards 74.0 140
Forward 72 5493 yards 67.3 121

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive near the airport   Great for advanced golfers entertaining clients a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks watching the game 19th hole scenic views

"Poorest greens ever, staff so so"

cehrler's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

Played on Sunday 6/17/2018. Showed up around 5:45 am, had the first tee time (6:15). Two staff showed up at 6:00 am, a pro shop guy and a clubhouse server. Neither seem to give a crap. No range balls out as were to be included in package. Pro shop guy checked in about three or four groups and then went and got our carts. Had to go to 1st tee without any full swing warm up. Tee boxes and fairways were in ok shape. Some standing water in places including some bunkers. Snack shop not open at turn, girl at bar slow, finally saw a snack cart on hole 11 and a filled water bucket on 14. What made this completely a train wreck were the greens. In 35+ years of golf, I have never seen any worse. Sand greens would have putt truer. When I played this course years ago the greens were ok, except for the overplay of the course and so many people not taking care of ball marks and the like. The greens now are patchy with bare earth in a lot of places. Some looked as if tanks had been driven across them. Stay away until they either get a competent crew or replace these complexes completely.

"Bad greens"

markbergy's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2018

Fighting some winter rot or something. Worst shape greens I’ve seen in a while. It’s a shame too because when I have friends in town they want to play Amen corner. They need to do what the Tribute did and shut down and redo all the greens. Fairways were fine.

"What happened to the greens?"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018

Really let the quality of the greens deteriorate far more than any course I’ve ever really seen in DFW. Used to be one of the best public tracks in town now you can’t even get a straight putt or roll on these patchy dying greens.

"Could be great but greens are terrible :("

Charles8925370's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018

The greens are in absolute horrendous shape and the bunkers were lakes full of water and very unplayable. The fairways were in pretty decent shape. For a course charging $60 green fees to play, I expected much better. I won’t be back until the course is in better shape. Staff was very kind at the pro shop and honored a rain check that they technically didn’t have to. Hope the greens come back to better condition and I’ll give this course another shot. The course layout makes this place have potential to be one of the best in town. Please fix the course. Thanks!

"Wedding Trip"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

fly in to play great staff, course was in good condition even with all the rain the area had received..

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2018

I've been playing here for years and it's always amazing.. I hate to say it but the course mainly the greens are in bad shape.. never seen this course so beat up and the greens are really in need of attention.. I hope my next visit the course is where it should be.. I love this course

"Horrible Greens!"

mhiltonsr's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018

Tour 18, wow! I’d always wanted to play this course and experience first hand the talk of the famous holes from the PGA. I really wish I could of. The fairways were in pretty good shape, as were the Tee Boxes, but the greens were the worst I’ve seen in the DFW area. You couldn’t putt be cause your ball didn’t roll, but dribble towards the hole. This was in the areas that actually had grass, as opposed to the parts that was bare dirt. Absolutely the worst experience I’ve had in years. Afterwards, when I “informed” the guy in the proshop, he made Zero effort to address the issue. Ridiculous service, ridiculous course.

"Really disappointing"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

We've played this course multiple times over the past 20 years. The conditions of the bunkers and greens just seem to keep getting worse over time. It's a great layout but do to the shape of the greens and bunkers, just no longer enjoyable to play. This is a real shame given the beautiful homes in the neighborhood.

kevin6624680's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

Greens were really bad, other than that course was in ok shape. Great layout with some pretty cool holes.

"Nice course for the price!"

Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Played here on a friday at 1:00pm. Got a great deal on green fees snatching a hot deal for 32.00 a person. Did not see anyone else playing the course until we finished and there was a group about 3 holes back, so we went as fast and as slow as we wanted to while playing. Only aspect of the course I did not like was the greens. Heard a rumor that the greens-keeper for the course quit and let the greens go to crap and the course has not recovered since. Lots of sand and bare spots throughout the course. But playing a tour 18 course for 32.00, cant beat the price. Enjoyable round.

"Disappointing Hot Deal excitement."

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2018

Will not go on about the greens, others have already gotten it right. The main issue I have was that there were only 10 cars in the parking lot and it took 5 1/2 hrs. to play. There was 2 foursomes ahead of us after 5th hole and no Marshall to keep pace of play going. On 16 they joined up and played as an “8thsome”...Not fun and not monitored. Do not plan to come back.

gsharold's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2018

"The course layout is great"

silkasmilk's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2018

The greens and bunkers are in terrible shape! The greens are diseased and in need of serious repair! The layout is great but they need to really work on the greens and bunkers.

"Greens suck!"

Tom5929581's avatar

Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This is a very simple and easy review. The greens at this course are brutal. Tour 18 big claim is they put 18 of the toughest holes in golf on one course. This maybe true for the tee boxes and fairways but the greens are brutal. many have large patches of dirt or sand others have grass that looks like it has been beaten up on for months. Dont spend your money here until they get this fixed. There are plenty of good places to play that have better greens

"Greens horrible, carts need work"

Boomersooner007's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

I’ve been wanting to play Tour 18 for awhile but heard the greens were in bad shape. I figured what the heck and would try it because surely any place that charges $60-70/round can’t have greens that are that bad. They were absolutely awful. If there was grass, most was dirt/sand, the grass was bumpy and you didn’t get a true roll. It looked like there was some type of invasive species on the greens. Another grass or fungus, I’m not sure. Either way it was awful. I would say it cost each person in our group an average of 8 strokes per round because of how poor they were. We talked about just giving each other two putts once on the green to make it fair to everyone.

The carts also need work. We hopped on a cart and started driving to tee 1. All the sudden the cart started swerving left and right. We looked down and you could see the front wheels wobbling. We told the starter and he said a lot of the carts need work. He said instead of going to tee 2 go back and get a new one. So we went back and got a new one after number 1. We started to drive off and that’s when I realized the steering wheel was upside down and we were still swerving left and right. I didn’t want to turn back around because I didn’t want to slow play. But we definitely felt unsafe driving/riding in it. I thought we were going to hit a tree.

Now for the good. The course could be absolutely awesome!! The idea behind it is amazing. For the most part the tee boxes and fairways were in great shape. Being able to play all those famous holes is amazing. But because the greens were in such poor shape, and the carts were unsafe, I won’t be going back. I wish they would invest the money to get this course to what it should be. I told friends if I had the cash and time I’d try to buy it and get it fixed. That’s how good of a course this could be.

"What Happened?"

turmoil's avatar

Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I used to absolutely enjoy playing Tour 18, however it is so rundown. The greens are in terrible shape. We invoked a no worse than 2 putt rule they were so bad. The course needs a lot of maintenance from the cart paths, greens, to the the club house. When this course was in proper condition, I had no issues paying $100 to $125 a round, however $60 was way too high for the conditions of this course. How disappointing. It was the same last year when I played, however I had expectations that it would be better. It was not. I will not be back unless I hear that it is the proper condition. Sad.

"Overrated"

dsyamken's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2018

The greens were in horrible condition!!! Otherwise the fairways were in excellent condition. Not worth the regular rate they charge.

"Greens Need Work"

dtlarsen2's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Love the course overall. However, the greens are not in good shape.

"Greens are in poor conditon"

Jeff6823944's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

Course is in good shape but greens are in very poor condition. The thing that really bothers me about this is. I called before I made the reservations and ask about the greens and was told they were in good shape except for #6 & # 7 and they just had some dormant grass in a few spots that hadn’t filled it yet. Nearly every green had several bare spots and #13 doesn’t have hardly any grass at all on it. We drove 3 hours to play this course and if I️ had known the true conditon we would have played somewhere else. They did have new cups on all of the greens that looked nice. Will probably not be back.

"Love the course not the greens"

itluwht's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2018

I have always loved this course and what it represents...unfortunately it has gone down hill from the days of old (15years) when everythung was lush and rolled true.

Check the green conditions before playing at any price.