Enniscrone Golf Club - Scurmore Course

Handicap 11 1 17 13 3 7 5 15 9
Par 5 4 3 5 4 4 3 4 4 36 72
Handicap (W) 15 5 11 3 9 1 13 17 7

Year Built 2001
Architect Donald Steel (2001) Eddie Hackett Tom MacKenzie (2001) Martin Ebert (2001)

Caddies Yes

Single Allowed No

A must play when in Ireland - worth the trip!

Enniscrone is EVERYTHING you want and love about Irish golf. Awesome layout, beautiful setting and locale. Tough but fair layout, pick your tees carefully as the wind can/will make several holes very challenging. YES, challenge yourself, but don't beat your game up! Enjoy the views - they are a'plenty! Shop staff very, very friendly and the restaurant and bar are the perfect ending to your Irish Golfing Day!

Enniscrone golf course

Fantastic condition. I'd recommend this course to everyone!

A Gem of a Course

I arrived early at the course with my with and young son to have lunch before my round. The welcome we received was super and made us feel relaxed immediately (even the Lady Captain came over to say hello!). After lunch I meet my caddy Mick and we walked to the first tee discussing tactics; "I'm here to have fun" I said. "Right you are" was his reply. As I stood on the first I felt a little underwhelmed and it was certainly one of the least interesting tee shots I've ever faced. This quickly faded as I rounded the corner to hit my second shot. I was meet with an absolute masterpiece of a green carved into the dunes. From here on I was in love. This is an exceptional course which leads you through a myriad of sand dunes and affords you the odd moment to stand and reflect on the beauty of the surrounding area. The course is not easy and requires committed, well thought out shots but offers so much reward if executed correctly. If playing this course for the first time a caddy is an absolute must. I had an excellent caddy for the day who guided me round expertly. This course should be on the list of all golfers seeking a true links experience.

Some challenge for all players.

What a ride!

Enniscrone is set, mostly, through large dunes that rise along either side of the fairways, resulting in many blind shots and holes that twist and turn along the Irish sea. An incredible setting for pictures, Enniscrone is a challenge for all levels of golfers, and yet, wonderfully walkable. The only downside to Enniscrone are the stretch of holes on the front nine that are very pedestrian. It felt as though you went the wrong way and ended up playing a few holes from Enniscrone's sister course instead. Alas, the back-nine stretch through the dunes and along the water are undeniably amazing, and some of the best in the Northwest of Ireland.

Ontario Advisor

High dunes, wild ride, great fun

This is a tough beast set next to the holiday town of Enniscrone. Set mostly among massive dunes next to the ocean, the course is full of blind shots and twisting holes to drive you crazy. If you miss the fairway you’ll be in the thickest, most ball hungry rough on the island – damp grass and moss abound; you could step on your ball and not find it. It’s not for the meek or wild driving. From Holes 5-8, you get a break as it runs parallel to the Scurmore 9 hole course – flat and relatively dune free. The remaining holes have you weaving around the dunes. Holes 11-13 I called crazy corner – a scary par 3 and two blind tee shots on dog leg par 4s. Holes 15-18 are great. Get your best pic from the 17th tee box looking back at 16, send it to your golf buddies, they will swear at you.

Enniscrone a delightful hidden gem in the northwest

I have a soft spot in my heart for Enniscrone. It was my favorite course on my first trip to Ireland in 2003. I wrote about the club in 2006 for Links Magazine, one of my first big breaks as a golf writer. And returning in 2015 with the Heroes to Ireland - a group of disabled American war veterans - only elevated its status. We caught it on a relatively calm day with the sun shining: What a magical experience. The dunes of the back nine rise like four-story buildings, framing scenic holes along the water. The only things that keep Enniscrone from being more highly regarded in the world are a series of holes on the front nine along flat ground outside the dunes, and its remote location in the northwest of Ireland. It's a place worth seeking out.

Have read that the greens were among the best in Ireland. How true...we played Carne the day before in the rain and then enjoyed good weather at Enniscrone...practice putting before you go!!!

Request A Vacation Quote From Enniscrone Golf Club
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Enniscrone Golf Club will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Enniscrone, County Sligo