Type Public/Municipal

Year Built 1938

Carts Yes - $15

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Fivesomes Allowed No, except on weekdays
Dress code Undershirts, tank tops, cut off shirts, halter tops are not allowed

What an amazing makeover

I grew up playing this muni but haven't been back in a few years. First time to play after the reconstruction. WOW! Just beautiful. Nice as any private course. Fast and firm but green and well kept everywhere. Its July in Texas but greens and fairways are in excellent shape especially for a hot climate and heavy trafficked muni. The new layout is interesting, fun and challenging. So very impressed overall. A (re)new golf gem in Fort Worth. Now to fix the clubhouse! Ready to go back soon, very soon.

What a Muni Should Be

Among all of the courses in Fort Worth, Rockwood is by far the best value with daily walking rates of $29 on Weekday and $40 on the weekend. (Get an early tee-time because it fills up in a hurry)

Up until a few years ago, Rockwood was a fun but worn down course in a great location, running near the Trinity River, and with views of the Fort Worth skyline to the South. After the re-design by Colligan Golf completed in 2017, it is now the gem of Fort Worth Municipal Golf.

The course has wonderful routing for walking, with many tees directly adjacent to the prior green. Wide generous fairways let you strategically attack the hole from different angles. Steep bunkers, native areas, and ponds make you pick your clubs and your lines with care. Large, undulating greens reward great shots and penalize mis-placed shots.

My most recent round was after several days of heavy rains, but the course and the turf held up great, the drainage works, the greens were still fairly firm, and the crew had every bunker perfectly raked. You can certainly tell how much pride the staff takes in maintaining this place.

In my 8 rounds here since the redesign, the course has always been in great shape. The course has beaten me up a few times, but I've never had a bad experience here, as it makes me question and re-consider parts of my game and strategy every time.. You won't figure it out the first time, but this place will make you want to keep coming back for more.

From the tips, Rockwood is just over 7000 yards.
2 of the par 5's (2nd, and 13th holes) are reachable in 2. On the other 2 par 5's (4th and 18th) par is a great score
The par 3 distances are 164, 144, 233, and 212

Though I haven't had a chance to get my kids there yet, Rockwood is also host to The First Tee Fort Worth. In addition to a large new clubhouse, there is a 6 hole par 3 short course called 'The Rivers Edge' which is used for the First Tee program.

A Great Golf Course!!!

This golf course is a really fun track if you come play you will enjoy it!!!!

Tougher than you think

Redesigned in 2016, this course is definitely not the same animal as it was before. 7000+ yards from the tips with multiple par 3's over 200 yards, 8 out of 10 par 4's over 400 yards, and a par 5 over 600 yards means you need to put on your big boy pants when playing out here. Don't let the open layout fool you, this course is difficult with lots of strategically place bunkers and trees to try and force you to play conservative (which is what I would suggest). Another bomber's paradise if you like hitting your driver off the tee with lots of space out in front just not very wide. Don't let someone else's vacation photo montage guide your decisions on where to play next. Our reviews get up close and personal with all the gritty details you wanna know about. Click on the link below to watch the video review of this course and subscribe for more reviews as they're made available.

No longer a course for the average golfer

The new Rockwood is an improvement, kind of. The problem is the greens. I've played many, many courses, and these greens are the hardest, (literally), and most difficult of any I've played. I've been on the new course 5 times now and have yet to keep an approach shot on the green. Rockwood has gone from a forgiving course to a very unforgiving course. I hope it gets better, but if it doesn't, I'm afraid I'll be going to Pecan Valley.

New Fort Worth Gem

The newly redesigned course is very nice with a lot more character. It has some picturesque holes with the addition of lakes, sand, undulating fairways and greens. My only 2 complaints are the greens are rock hard ( I hope this improves as it matures). You can't fly it in. You have to club down with any chance of keeping it on. The second cut of rough is extremely penalizing. Hit one off line and you have no chance of finding the ball. This is going to make it very difficult for the average golfer. They should take it down by at least half so there's at least a chance to find it. Other than that Fort Worth has a new golfing gem.

Great Muni ! Hopefully the course conditions can be kept up

I guess today was the official grand opening even though it has been open for a couple weeks. Was blown away. Very interesting course with a lot of orginal holes you don't typically see. Lots of room off the tees but if you miss the green on your approach you will be challenged. Greens were in great condition but were hard and not holding lob wedges...maybe because they are new? Views of the skyline are special especially when you realize you are paying $30-45. As a downtown resident I pumped to have this course here. I just hope they can keep the conditions up and it's not Pecan Valley in a year.

Better than last time playing here.

Greens in good shape and rolled very well. Fairways in OK condition considering time of year and drought conditions.

Course Is in Pretty Good Shape and Fun to play!

Played this course several years ago and the greens and fairways were less than desirable but seems as if now that a lot of work has gone into making the greens so much smoother and better! ... I will definitely play there more often now. Great City Course for The Money!

Good Course For the Money

Too many tee times on the weekend. Long wait at hole 1 due to late arrivals, no consequences for arriving late to your tee time.

Played in the rain and traffic

Course play was as it always is ... moderate difficulty. the major problem was traffic congestion caused by very slow play of other groups and their waste of time.

Course was in good condition and the greens were the best I have sen in awhile.

Rude legion

I decided to take my Girlfriend Golfing for the first time and payed a good amount of money to get her started and have a love of the sport as I did but I should have called ahead of time to see if the legion was having there tournament because we couldn't even finish the first hole because they were calling and complaining to the marshal to have us skip a couple holes even though it was hole 1. I was extremely disappointed to find the people in front of us we had to wait for anyways but to have the staff come and tell us to skip a couple holes just to play was ridiculous I'm a disabled Veteran and I deserve to play, just as much as them I will never return to that course and I will explain to all my fellow veterans that business owners are more important that people who sacrifice for there country extremely dissapointed and upset. Never returning and will tell everyone I know never to go. I am a golfer who plays weekly and I've never been disrespected like that before. NEVER ATTEND this place

Fun, open course to play.

Golf course was nice and open. Greens were nice and some had tricky slopes. Overall nice scenery. Not too many water hazards.

Good value

This is a good value and not dificult. Very open so high handy cap players can enjoy with out losing ball. The flooding was taking over 18 and the driving range.

Fun Course

Seeing the course for the time and being from out of state I though it was not in bad shape after all the rain they had earlier in the spring. rom what I heard the course will be going to be redone over in Nov. will b back here next Oct. so looking forward to see what they did.

Wet and Muddy

This course was wet and muddy the whole day. It's been raining for a while this spring, but it's clearly an old course. Mesquitos infested the outhouses and it wasn't even worth the 20$ it cost to play. Maybe if it was dried out the 20$ wouldn't have been bad.

Water Ball

This is a good challenging course. The day we went it had rained very heavily the night before so there were a few extra water hazards. We still had a fun day. The food at the grill is great and the young girl prepared it quickly and tasted great. One of the best burgers around. Grab some friends and try it out.

Rockwood golf course

I will never play here again, the fairways looked like most people's back yards with very little grass and lots of weeds. They had a cart path only which was very inconvenient especially because the course was in horrible condition anyway we could've driven monster trucks on the fairways and it wouldn't of made him look worse than they looked before. We did not know it was cartpath only on the first hole, because they had a sign up that said 90° rule, but when we entered the Roff to try and find a ball we were scolded very harshly by the Marshall. When we explain to the Marshall that no one told us in the pro shop that it was cartpath only, and that the sign on the first hole only said 90° rule he was just as rude, and tried to make us feel like jerks. If I hadn't driven 40 minutes to play that course for the first time, I would have sacrificed my $20 and gone to a different course. I will be sure and tell anyone that asks me about this course never to play it, and I will volunteer to make sure to tell everyone never to play that course.

Great Deal

For the money, this course is awesome! Some nice scenery. There are 4 or 5 holes that are just straight 400 td holes, but all of the greens are in great shape. I highly recomemd, especially for a municipal course.

Valid dates: Sep 16, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020