Weathervane Golf Club

Year Built 2010
Architect Geoffrey Cornish (2010) Brian Silva (2010) Mark Mungeam (2010) Howard Maurer

Golf School Academy Yes - "Weathervane Golf Academy"
Golf Simulator Yes

9-Hole Rounds 19

Bang for buck

Probably the best bang for your buck on the south shore. Course Conditions are fantastic. A must play.

Commented on 10/16/2020

cosmo345, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Weathervane Golf Club.

Greens are quick

Course is in great shape and greens are lightning quick.

Commented on 10/08/2020

smkell5, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Weathervane Golf Club.

Good Overall

Course in nice shape - fast and smooth greens. Pro shop personnel had difficulty knowing if the cart came with the round as per my GOLFNOW reservation. The reservation for my two-some and the accompanying two-some included the cart - which was clearly stated on out printed and the mobil app reservation confirmation but personnel behind desk didn't think so and conversation got circular real quick. The person did allow us to have the carts but made it seem like he was doing us a favor ..??!! Suggestion to the management is that they check their technological connection to GOLFNOW --- you may have a glitch ....

Commented on 10/02/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to know you consider the course one of your favorites, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Weathervane Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159528456! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Weathervane Golf Club!

Relaxing, not severe, nice amenities

Easy to walk, good conditions, nice setup for restaurant/bar...applied a GolfNow $10 credit, which priced it at under $20 for 9. Good deal, good day.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Thank you for your review, bradhenneman. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Weathervane Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

The little course that seems to want to be private

The executive semi private course is one of the best 9 hole courses with regard to the condition of the tee boxes, fairways, and greens. The greens are tough. There is little room for error front back and sides of a lot of them.The course is built within a development and most of the people that live there are members. They say its open to the public but make it difficult to get a tee time. They won't take any call ins and a couple of the front desk staff are very quick to tell you that it's a 24 hour cancelation policy, no exceptions.
There are no senior rates, or junior rates and it is the same all year. For 9 holes with a cart it's $42. A little pricey for a small course.. I have played there a few time this summer because there isn't much else around. The starters and the people that live and play there are very nice, but I get the feeling that if they could make it member only they would. I have spoken to some people that would join if it was a regular course, but feel that the membership dues are a bit excessive for an executive course.

Commented on 10/02/2020

Hello, Ronaldl102. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Weathervane Golf Club!

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Johnpaulmcormick! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Weathervane Golf Club!

Commented on 09/25/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Weathervane Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/18/2020

Bad Experience

This is an executive course, meant for an easy golf experience. No real challenge
Was charged for a "no show" in our group. In all my 50+ years of golf, that has never happened to me.
We only played 9 holes due to a league that was going to be starting up, but, when the Tee Time was made the guy who called was not informed of that. We were all expecting to play 18 holes.
Not a good value, in my opinion.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. Thank you for playing Weathervane Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Wonderful Experience

Great experience . Course very well maintained. Not a place for hard core bombers who love to grip it and rip. But extremely pleasant course to walk, very well maintained. Tree lined fairways. Great club house. Highly recommend for a nice friendly round

Commented on 09/14/2020

Jsarni, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Weathervane Golf Club.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, followthesun! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Weathervane Golf Club!

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hi, Turpin54. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Weathervane Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

A very nice course

Great 9 hole course in wonderful shape, considering the lack of rain. Greens were fast and true. Fairways nicely cut and green. Will play here again.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hi u000001784077. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Weathervane Golf Club!

Commented on 08/21/2020

Commented on 08/17/2020

Hello, DCC92. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 08/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, cdrinan! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Weathervane Golf Club!

Hidden Gem

This course is one of the best hidden gems in the South Shore. A friend had been trying to get me to play here all last year and I never did. Finally this year, we got out there and I'm glad I did. Not only is this one of the best kept courses but has the best carts out of any course too. The grounds are well kept and challenging but not too tough and the greens play like real greens should. They have a new clubhouse and every time I've been, the staff is very friendly. The only thing is I wish it was 18 holes instead of only 9 but it's so much fun you can play twice.

Commented on 08/17/2020

ynotaugie1, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Weathervane Golf Club.

Morning 9

The course is in excellent shape. While it's only a 9 hole course it is challenging. The greens are very tricky.
You can easily walk it, but if you do ride all of the carts ar brand new and have GPS.
Depending on when you go sometimes pace of play tends to be slow. If your looking to grab a quick 9, go early.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Ronaldl102, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Weathervane Golf Club.

Great little 9 hole

Played here for the second time today. First time was pretty good, but it being 95 degrees in the shade made it difficult for me to really take it in. With it being cooler today, I can say this is a fun little 9 hole. I’m a long hitter, so driver was really only necessary on 2 holes, so thinking about your second shot as important as your first. Pin locations were tight, but I did notice on the par 3s a tape measure which tells me they were set up for tournament or event play. Starter was a really nice guy as well. Would def play again if I was able to score a deal on GN for a hot deal.

Commented on 07/23/2020

Your feedback is important to us, JeffWood85. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Weathervane Golf Club.

Private/Community