Honor's Haven Resort & Spa

Red M: 32.0/108 W: 34.0/113 330 134 332 402 139 511 146 319 415 2728 2728
Handicap 6 9 5 4 8 1 7 3 2
Par 4 3 5 4 3 5 3 4 4 35 35

Year Built 1960
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1960)

Sucked!!!!

I booked a tee time for my husband and the boys for Father’s Day, 1) the tee time was not registered at Honors Haven . The gentleman got them in but had to pay the higher price instead of the internet price. That was bad enough the grass was so high you couldn’t find your ball if it left the fairway. One of the workers said the mower broke and one was in the greens. Not a good experience and will not be booking there again!!!

No rushing at the scores

I have played this course many times in the last year, and every time I go there it seems to be in better shape. My only gripe about the condition was the amount of leaves but it is the end of October is in it.

Bad shape

2 holes were closed, their greens were burnt up and cut too short. The course was in trouble shape.

Oldie but goodie

The Fallsview has always stood in the shadow of the Nevele but with that course out of business, the Fallsview shines again. Classic but simple GC. The conditions of the course mirrored the cost to play there. Well worth the afternoon relaxing on a GC

Perfect 9 Hole Course

Was looking for a place to play last minute on a Sunday morning and picked Fallsview. The course layout is challenging and fairly long and you'll use almost every club in your bag. Greens were in good shape, tees and fairways were a little shaggy but still fine. I played 18 in under 2 hours with a cart. Perfect start to a Sunday!

NO GOOD ANYMORE

This being my second review on the course I came in expecting the same friendly service I had come to know from Honors Haven but was sadly mistaken. We arrived and got our cart and started our round, by the time my foursome had come to the fourth hole we had a female league behind us and did not have the courtesy to wait until we were clear of the greens or fairways and hitting right on top of us almost hitting my golf cart on more than one occasion. When we finished our 9 holes we were then scolded by the pro shop attendant that we should be playing faster when we finished 9 holes with 4 people in 2 hours and 30 minutes. It certainly left a bad taste in my mouth along with the other members in my group and we will not be playing a round here again.

First time playing here this year

Played course numerous times last year & course in much better condition this year. Will certainly play here many more times again this year. Come up from Florida for summer and enjoy playing this Robert Trent Jones Sr. design course.

Honors haven

This course. Is getting better and better staff excellent

great driving course

The course is very well maintained, driving hole to hole gets a little tricky as you have to cross over for two holes then back across, other than that the only other issue i have is that the 9th hole is right next to the driving range and its easy to confuse your ball with a range ball I wish they had a net there but other than that the staff is very friendly and helpful, I will be playing this course for years to come.

Still in Rough Shape

I played here last year and was hoping there might have been some improvements, but nothing changed. Clearly the status quo of this course is just bad.

Tee boxes are not mowed and having patchy grass.

Fairways, where there was grass, are not made and are barely discernible from the rough.

Greens have dead grass. Course just isn't taken care of.

Sad because the scenery here is beautiful and with some care, this could be a great 9 hole course.

Needs Some TLC

Played here because I was staying at the resort. Would have been better off driving somewhere instead of playing here.

The course is in a beautiful location and has a nice layout, but it seems like no one is taking care it. Tee boxes and greens are in serious disrepair. Tee boxes are full of weeds and crabgrass and seemed like it hadn't been mowed. When teeing off with an iron, I had a hard time finding a spot where the grass was short enough to not interfere with my shot.

Greens also had crabgrass and lots of dead patches.

The course also needs better signage pointing you towards the next hole. Without the GPS app on my phone, I never would have found some of the tee boxes.

Beautiful Views

I have played many courses on the Eastern seaboard and the views on this course are as good as they come. Course is in good shape and for the price, you can't beat this 9 hole gem. The staff is very friendly and they take a lot of pride in this course. Definitely worth it. Will be back again for sure.

It's a shame

This classic Robert Trent Jones, Sr. design used to be one of the best 9 hole tests in the region. Hate to report negative news, but you will be disappointed in the condition. Very sad to see. Tee boxes, fairways, bunkers and greens are all in disrepair. Even the small bathroom by the 4th green & 5 tee box had it's doors taped closed. Only good news to report is that the greens have been recently aerated, but they still need much more attention as every one is severely damaged.

Skip this one!

The grounds were in horrible condition. They were cutting the grass in the rough while we were playing. The grass had not been cut in some time and there was long loose grass everywhere. It seems that they just don't care about this course. There were 5 of us playing and when we asked if we could play together they chuckled and said "That shouldn't be a problem" It wasn't we had the place to ourselves. This was probably the worst course I have ever played. You could lose a ball 3 inches off the fairway the course was so poorly maintained. Skip this one and go to Roundout a little further north.

not worth $5

This course is in very very sad shape due to the new owners who don't care about the course, only the hotel/resort next to it. it probably was very nice in 1950 There is no 19th hole...

Ellenville, New York