Type Private
Blue (W) 71 6079 yards 76.2 137
Scorecard for Woodhaven
Champions M: 71.3/130 365 393 394 185 367 200 569 426 505 3404 366 180 400 510 185 483 333 180 390 3027 6431
Middle M: 69.6/126 W: 76.2/137 350 370 381 165 343 180 539 401 480 3209 353 170 372 493 160 468 312 160 382 2870 6079
Forward M: 67.3/111 W: 72.0/133 315 327 351 131 319 95 489 376 445 2848 270 165 334 386 135 438 291 145 357 2521 5369

Year Built 1972
Architect Leon Howard

Po Anna

I'm sure this was a nice course years ago, but not anymore.

The po-anna has taken over the bermuda greens to a point that even short putts hopped off line regularly.

Overall condition of the course was poor.

The staff was friendly and accommodating. The cart girl was around often because there was probably 20-25 golfers playing. My wallet is still hurting after the $6.00 beer price per can!

Commented On 2019-02-08T15:44:52.000+00:00

Hi Jfireballs. We take your feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Woodhaven Country Club.

NEEDS CARE IMMEDIATELY

Very Pleasant Staff!!!!

As for the golf....The Greens are Horrendous!!!! And it seems that the fairways aren’t far from being Loss also.

From my understanding, this is/was a private course and from the looks of it’s current state, it needs serious work to restore what Im assuming it once was.

From a layout perspective, it’s a Short course that plays long due to the countless blind shots and doglegs.

I play all over DFW and I have nothing to gain in this review, just want to play courses that I want to return to. It was My first time playing there and I probably will not be returning until I hear good things about it.

Commented On 2019-01-30T14:26:32.000+00:00

We're pleased to learn you enjoyed the quality of our course staff! Please, do not hesitate to provide us with additional feedback as to why your review warranted 2 stars, and how we can guarantee your next round at #WoodhavenCountryClub is a 5-star experience.

Not bad

Below average golfer here so I’m not going to pay big bucks for a top notch course. This course is always empty so nobody is pushing you. The staff is super friendly. The greens are not very good but I love the course layout. Tons of blind shots and dog legs. I enjoy it and will definitively be back again.

Commented On 2018-11-14T14:22:16.000+00:00

Hi Samuel, Thank you for leaving Woodhaven Country Club a 5-star rating. Book your next tee time with us soon.

Good to play middle in the morning

Friendly staff and good layout for the players and

Still remained rain waters at middle of the fairways.

Enjoy playing with friends this mornigm.

Response from Woodhaven Country Club on 10/25/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving us a 4-star rating. We are happy to have met your overall expectations at the pace of play, staff friendliness, and course layout. Book your next round with us soon.

Wood haven

The course was truly a pleasure to play on. Great fairways, beautiful greens, and friendly staff. Thank you.

Response from Woodhaven Country Club on 10/02/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Woodhaven Country Club a 5-star rating. We're glad to have met your overall expectations in the pace of play, staff friendliness, course layout, course conditions and value for the money. Book your next tee time with us soon.

Great Round!

I'm a Ft. Worth native and highly recommend this course. The course is under new ownership and management and is on the comeback. The greens are as good as anywhere in he area this time of year, you can tell that they have put significant capital in rehabing these. The fairways are on the mend, from talking with the pro, they are in the process of addressing irrigation issues. Everything else was great, stop by the 19th hole for a beer after the round. Overall, would highly recommend this course.

Response from Woodhaven Country Club on 10/17/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Woodhaven Country Club a 5-star rating. We're glad to have met your overall expectations at the pace of play, staff friendliness, and course layout. Book your next round with us soon.
oldmember
Commented On 2018-07-17T15:07:03.000+00:00

JWH09,

Let me clarify. I did not say Woodhaven has the worst greens in the area. What I said was of the area courses that I have played (Tangle Ridge, Walnut creek, and Rolling Hills) Woodhaven's greens were inferior. I could not possibly know if they are the worst greens in the area as I have not played every course around here.

I appreciate your zeal and love of this old course and I too hope it returns to the condition it was once in. I am aware that the management team is making improvements and hope they succeed. I just wish they would accelerate the pace. I am hoping to return some day. Good luck and lets all pray for much needed rain!

jwh09
Commented On 2018-07-16T18:19:32.000+00:00

Oldmember: I've played at multiple courses all through this area, and I stand by that these greens are as good as any for this time of year. I feel like your comments are negative and misleading for people looking to try out a new course. Are there better courses in the area? Sure. But this course is far from the worst and is showing a lot of improvement the past 6 months.

oldmember
Commented On 2018-07-16T14:47:10.000+00:00

The greens are far from "as good as anywhere this time of year". I have played at four other area courses this summer and Woodhaven greens were the worst. Have they improved? Yes. Are they good? No. Why are they "addressing" problems with the irrigation system? Seems like that should have been done before we got into the heat of the summer. Keep in mind the new management is the same management that ran off a significant number of members in the last year or so.

Improvement

Course is improving, fairways a bit rough, but love the roll out on my drives.

Course staff are doing a great job,

During the week afternoons pace of play is great.

Looking forward to returning for more play

Commented On 2018-11-08T14:52:10.000+00:00

Hello, We are making improvements to our course. Thank you for leaving us a 5-star rating. Book your next tee time with us soon!

Commented On 2018-11-08T14:52:22.000+00:00

Hello, We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Country Club? Really?

Well maintained, hilly, tree lined course, at one time. Not any more. The rock hard brown fairways tell me the sprinkler system still may have some issues. There are piles of sand in the traps that need to be spread out. That is a good sign. Tee boxes are pretty brown much like the fairways. Greens have improved but have a long way to go. I am not an expert but if I were to guess they are probably running about 5 on the stimpmeter. If the course doesn't get significant rain it is going to be in trouble.

I question those folks that say the management team has the place heading in the right direction. It is obvious from the run down conditions that they are not serious about reviving this, one time, fun course. The potholes in the parking lot, the dilapidated driving range net, the washed out cart path between 5 and 6 (which has been that way for well over a year) all point to a course that is barely limping along. Probably the highlight of the day was the grass on the practice tee. It was pretty nice. Of course the used practice balls from Colonial kind of take away from that country club feel. The gentleman in the pro shop, the beverage cart driver and the halfway house attendant were all quite friendly.

If you are looking for something above average or maybe even a little bit high end you will be disappointed. If you want golf on the east side of Fort Worth your dollars would probably be better spent going across I 30 to Meadowbrook. It is a muni but you know that going in.

I wish the folks at Woodhaven well and hope the course can be revitalized. Unfortunately at this point I am not very optimistic.

Commented On 2018-11-08T14:53:17.000+00:00

Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback.

Challenging layout.

Course was challenging. Greens were a little spotty. Reminds me of Texas Hill country courses with changes in elevation.

Commented On 2018-11-08T14:55:13.000+00:00

Hi Randle, Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance.

Making a comeback!

Under new management, Woodhaven golf course is making some much needed improvements. The greens are better than I remember and the staff is very nice. The course is definitely making a change in the right direction. I hope they keep improving.

Commented On 2018-11-08T14:56:18.000+00:00

Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We are taking steps to improve our course.

Well ok, but this could be better

This time when I played Woodhaven, the guys were actively working on the greenside sprinkler systems. This is a good thing as the greens are slowly coming back, but they are still too long and slow. In the meantime, I hope Woodhaven doesn't lose the tees and the fairways. It's tough coming back and it's been hotter than usual...even for Texas. Yet if this course is going to recover, now is the time.

Commented On 2018-11-14T14:47:21.000+00:00

Hello, We are making improvements to the course and to continue to get better. Thank you for providing your feedback.

Not a country club

Course is in awful shape!

In almost every green there were dead spots, just dirt no grass at all.

Fairways were super thin, looked like the place hasn’t see water in weeks.

No one at the turn house even though it was open so we couldn’t even buy a drink.

I a surprise it has country club in its name because it is not in the standards of what a country club should be, the whole place is simply run down and it looks like no one has taken care of anything in years

Commented On 2018-11-14T14:42:18.000+00:00

Challenging layout.

Challenging layout with a variety of shots involved. Greens were nice and ball rolled true. Nice 19th hole area with plenty of room and televisions all around. All the staff was very friendly. We are going back for sure to play again.

Commented On 2018-12-17T15:37:21.000+00:00

Hello, We're glad you liked our course and friendly staff. Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Headed in the right dorection

Tee boxes are good. Fairways are average and you can tell they are really trying to get their greens where they need to be. Overall Impresions and experience was positive. We finished 18 in right around 3 hrs both times during the week. If you can get out during the week this is a good track. Not sure about how busy the weekends are. $40 on a Saturday is the max I would pay for the current shape this course is in. Think Whitestone but older.

Commented On 2018-11-14T14:50:17.000+00:00

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a 4-star rating. We are glad to hear that you had a great pace of play. Remember to book your next tee time with us soon.

Not bad

For a golf course that ends in the name Country Club I expected more of the looks of the course. I expected nicer Fairways and greens. For this type of course the price was about average after booking it on golf now. If I had to pay more than $32 with tax I would not waste my money.

Commented On 2018-11-14T14:45:30.000+00:00

Hello Scott, Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Pay attention to the name!

This course is a rolling terrain in a club community with lots of trees. I've seen low scores here but they came with consistent shots to the middle of the fairways. Number 4 has to be one of the narrowest fairways in town, very intimidating. I think most of the holes favor a left handed playe but I could be wrong.

Commented On 2018-11-14T14:44:34.000+00:00

Woodhaven continues to comeback

So the last time I played here was before the greens really had a chance to grow in as a result of some hot weather. The greens, although a little long and slower than what they should've been, are growing in nicely. Fairways are much improved although I managed to find a couple of bare spots. If this course can keep its maintenance personnel, they should be ok. I actually saw others on the course and activity going on within the clubhouse this time. Hoping that Woodhaven can continue to comeback.

Commented On 2018-11-14T14:41:25.000+00:00

Hello, Thank you for leaving Woodhaven Country Club a 4-star rating. We have made some improvements to course and will continue to get better. Come back again soon!

Woodhaven well managed.

Course is in good condition. The day I played the carts had ball & club cleaners that were filled & free range balls. It is in an older neighborhood and I have heard there have been several armed robberies of customers in the past. They do have a Security Patrol/Marshall on duty. I had no problem during my round.

Commented On 2018-11-14T14:40:03.000+00:00

Hello, We are glad to hear that you liked our course conditions. Thank you for leaving us a 4-star rating. Book your next tee time with us soon.

3.2205428571