LaTour Golf Club

Scorecard for La Tour Golf Club
Black M: 74.5/133 444 369 520 197 491 412 561 192 456 3642 415 432 446 589 194 343 378 156 575 3528 7170
Blue M: 72.0/130 372 341 495 162 471 387 541 171 426 3366 369 413 419 559 176 323 353 148 546 3306 6672
White M: 69.2/125 349 304 448 128 440 352 517 152 393 3083 330 383 378 516 148 293 316 128 509 3001 6084
Red W: 72.9/127 321 277 422 109 421 308 492 131 375 2856 308 358 350 488 139 275 292 113 477 2800 5656

Year Built 2009
Greens "Mini-Verde" ultradwarf
Architect David Toms (2009) Ken Morgan (2009)

Carts Yes - included in green fee
Pull-carts No

Dress code Collared shirts required. No gym shorts. No jeans or denim shorts.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2014 #15)

Great conditions

The course was in great shape yesterday. Greens were just a little slower than last time I was there but still pretty quick and smooth. Fairways were in great shape as were the bunkers. Still no work on the cartpaths but other than bad paths, the course is really nice. Needs a real clubhouse, heard it's in the works.

Great time Great course

It's worth the trip to Raceland to experience this course!

Excellent course

Really hope this new ownership can get this place going so that they can upgrade. Course is in excellent shape. Tough with wind because there are no trees. Needs a legit clubhouse and paved cart paths. Other than that, this course can compete with the top courses in Louisiana. Hope the location doesn't hold it back

New Orleans Advisor

Love This Course

I've played this course 3 times now, and I enjoy it equally every time I play it. The layout is somewhat links-ish with the only trees being very small and since there is open farmland all around the course, the wind is regularly an issue. The layout is nice with a good mix of holes. There are a good few shortish par 4's but there are also some brutish fours and a couple of 5's that really put your game to the test. The course is very well maintained, the greens are very fast and undulating, but true. The rating and slope belie the challenges of this course, especially when the wind is up - as it has been each time I've played it. The only drawbacks are non-golf course related - the clubhouse is temporary as they haven't built a permanent house; the carts don't have a covered shed, so they are weather worn, and the cart paths are... let's just say less than good. There are a couple of good walks on the course from green to tee but it's not unwalkable; the course has man made movement, but is relatively flat. For the money, it's a great deal. Kind of in the middle of nowhere, which makes it hard to get to but usually means it's less crowded. My understanding is it was recently sold and the new owners intend to make it a private facility, so play it soon.

LaTour golf

As usual the course was in great shape and it wasn't very crowded either. A great track and well worth the trip down the bayou.

Great course in the middle of nowhere

Son and I really enjoyed playing the course. It was in great condition considering the time of year we played. We will definitely play it again.....soon!

Windy tricky day

Practice area is large with ample putting . Fairways are wide enough & grass is good. Rough areas serve their purpose & not difficult to locate your ball. However, bring ample supply of balls because out of bounds areas full of thick native grass. Numerous well placed bunkers with white fluffy deep sand. (I was there often) Each hole has it's own unique features. Greens are in good shape, with undulations that make them challenging. I like the front nine and love the back nine. Great beer on tap. One of my top three courses in La.

What a fun challenging course.

A nice course designed by David toms. Well thought out holes, sand traps and overall course play. Recommend this course to any and all players. A big challenge for the beginner and even challenging for the professional. Wish I was playing it again right now!

Excellent day

The course was in excellent condition! Got a break on the price 46.00 thru golfnow.com.

Exccellent course

LaTour is a great course. The greens were in great shape, rolling true and consistent on each hole. Overall a great course no matter one's handicap.

Plays Once a year

Nitro

The NitroBags played after the Tip and Tuck. Oleander got a true taste of SouthofI10Torque. Michael doesn't want any of this kind of horsepower. Dude better bring his foot wedge. That's all I'm saying. Fall4Hundo is here nerds. Come get eviscerated at La Tour. -Nitro

This course has great features

Great course well taken care of. Fairways and greens are in excellent shape.

The course is all about 'shot making'

Excellent course that will challenge any level of golfer. .Bunkers, rough and water are game changers, stay out of all three.

Unbelievable!

I cannot praise this golf course enough. Absolutely beautiful and worth every penny. I loved everything about this course, even the bunkers! The sand in the bunkers was the softest sand I've ever hit a golf ball out of. I'm usually all over the place out of bunkers but I actually got up and down out of three bunkers with a tap in. Greens were the best I've ever putted on. This is a PGA Tour quality course and when you're standing on the tee's you can actually visualize seeing the pro's playing here on TV. It is challenging but also rewarding when properly striking ball. I'm a 20 handicap and shot a 93. Recorded a birdie on the second hole. I was only 7 over on the front nine and thought I could have one of my best rounds but it fell apart on the back nine due to the afternoon heat. I tee'd off at 2:00 pm and just got tired in the heat. I played horribly on the back nine but the course was so beautiful and fun to play that I didn't even care. Teeing off so late on July 4th I figured the course wouldn't be crowded but I was shocked that I pretty much had the course to myself. I only saw 2 other players throughout my entire round and they were both singles as well. Even though there was no one on the course the beverage cart girl visited me at least 4 times. Maybe she just thought I was cute... Practice area was also great with everything you need to get ready for your round. Do yourself a huge favor and play this golf course soon!

Great condition

Course in great condition, staff greets you at bag drop & takes care of clubs while you check in...course was impeccable....used every club in the bag...tough but fair...top notch practice facility also...well done

Play Latour

Nice, fun layout. Avoid the tall grass. Course is really in great shape.

Great course. Needs clubhouse and facility upgrade.

Overall a good experience. Not many people on the course so the pace of play was great. The course itself was in excellent shape - the fairways were generous but plush and the greens were immaculate. The clubhouse is a temporary building that houses a small but well stocked proshop and a medium sized grill. The food was average for a golf course. The is no beverage cart service on weekdays, but since you return to the clubhouse on 4 separate occasions through the round, you don't have to stock up prior to going out. The two major issues I had with the course were: 1) The gas powered cart I used was underpowered. I'm not sure if they had it throttled back or if the one I got was a dog, but it needed to be put away. It was well past it's prime with some visible body damage and mildew on the seats. 2) The men's rest room was disgusting. First off, it had a strong urine odor that made you think that it hadn't been cleaned in a month. Secondly, since they have a strict no-denim policy, I needed a place to change out of my work attire (which is blue jeans). I inquired in the pro-shop if they had a place where I could change into golfing attire and was directed to the men's restroom. There were no shower or locker facilities and no real place to change comfortably.

la tour golf

Course is nicely kept. Had to wait for rain to stop before going out. Most of the course drains pretty good still had some water on fairways. All in all a very good course to play on.

Poor weather

Good Time on the Bayou

La Tour is a great place to play a round of golf for the people in the Tri -parish area and from New Orleans area . Course is a challenge for all types of golfers . Always in great shape ! Pro shop people very nice ! It had rained hard for 3 days in a row before we played the course and it drains very well ! Greens are nice and roll true . Fair ways very well kept . Bunkers placed to challenge all golfers ! Water on most holes and watch out if your in the tall grass , makes it a challenge ! Great par three's . Very fun place to play a round of golf . Keep it in the fair ways and swing away ! Worth the drive off the beaten path in cajun country .

Poor weather

manicured greens

great course but rained out on back nine. would recommend this course to my friends

Raceland, Louisiana