This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Type Private
Scorecard for Glen Garden Golf & Country Club
Blue M: 69.2/122 338 319 488 147 479 304 344 432 302 3153 365 368 533 500 225 193 393 142 164 2883 6036
White M: 68.1/118 326 313 476 140 468 293 336 418 291 3061 359 358 526 471 158 177 380 132 152 2713 5774
Red W: 69.1/110 313 267 385 130 453 283 328 403 265 2827 271 281 476 405 150 107 313 115 138 2256 5083
Gold M: 64.3/109 313 267 385 130 453 283 328 296 265 2720 271 281 476 405 150 107 313 115 138 2256 4976

Year Built 1912
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect John Bredemus (1912) Tom Bendelow (1912)

End of an Era

I was fortunate to be able to play the course one last time before it closed golf operations. All of the tee times were booked so the course was very busy. Add in a morning fog delay and we ended up with a 30 minute delay. Everyone at and on the course was friendly. We had a first time player in our group so we played slow. The course was in good shape considering it was closing.

The course will be missed.

Super deal, great day of golf

We played 18 holes walking in about 3 hours. Greens were great, temp was chilly though. We are sad that some yahoo is going to buy the property and build a home wrecking business. Distillery.

I have always liked this course since I first played it in 2001. It's an awesome course. The staff are always friendly.

ok

Picked up for $14 on a hot deal. Wouldn't pay full price to play at again . Staff not very friendly at all

Old School Beauty

Dont think J-Lo or Beyonce but more like Lauren Bacall or Ingrid Bergman . No flash just an ol" dame dripping with class.. Maybe my favorite golf course I ever played and I have only played it twice. Like two different courses front nine flat ,short and a great way to build your confidence and score before hitting the more difficult and hilly back nine featuring several blind shots. Awesome history involving Hogan and Nelson with lots of memorabilia in clubhouse. Staff first rate. Almost cried when one of my partners told me the place has been sold to some kind of distillery and will cease to exist REALLY hope that was just a rumor and this Ft. Worth landmark doesnt dissapear. I know I will be making the one hour drive from my house more often to play just in case.

We had a wonderful time playing Glen Garden. I am very upset that the City of Ft Worth doesn't see the historical value of this course. It opts for greed allowing a distillery to close the course. What is happening to the courses for the working public? Play it soon for your part of history.

Historic Feeling

Nice course and great price. Some of the members are a little rude but staff are welcoming. Serve one of the best burgers around!

Great classic golf course

By today's standards, Glen Garden would be considered a short course, and a bit on the quirky side; not because the holes themselves are quirky, but because there are back-to-back par 5s, back-to-back par threes, and the course ends with two par three holes. Several really good holes at Glen Garden. Greens are in good shape although they can be tough to hold downwind. Wind makes a number of the shorter holes play much longer. Great history to this course, and a fun track to play. It is closing in November, so play it while you can !

Great Greens

The course was in excellent condition and we went around (18 holes) in 3.5 hours.

A fun course to play with history, go before it closes.

So if the rumor is true, and this course is supposed to close soon? I would recommend going to this course soon. And especially if you want to get a piece of some old golf history.

I booked this on golfnow for $10 after reading the history of the course. After doing some research on their website I was very disappointed with the way the course looked in their pictures. After getting to the course which was not in the best part of town, the staff was super friendly and the course looked much better than my expectations. The clubhouse was old and needed renovation but I could have cared less. The course though was very green and impressively lush (for this course and area) from the fairways to the greens.

Now to the layout, I really enjoyed playing the old school small circular elevated greens and wide open layout of the course. The par threes on this course were really fun to play, and one played almost 250 yards long. My favorite was the tee shot over the water on #8 were you have to bomb it over the trees on the left side of the fairway. We also finished our round in 3 hours time.

Great fun course for an excellent price, and will probably surprise you when you go!

Fast play and course was in good shape

The course was in good shape and play was fast. It is a shame they are closing this course at the end of November. I guess a whiskey distillery is more important than a golf course.

Old course New fun!!

Old course, lots of history. Very interesting layout. Lots of fun and a much different layout from regular courses I have played on. Back 9 has 4 par 3's. You end your round with 17 & 18 being a par 3. The par 5's are reachable in 2. Should be easy birdies. Try it. You will have fun. Oh, yeah say hey to old golf history. You won't find it anywhere else but here. Course is in great shape. Greens are country club fast.

Stepping back in time!

Had the pleasure of playing this old school golf course. The history of where Hogan and Nelson cut their teeth and the layout of this 100 year old course was a nice change of pace. Elevated postage stamp greens, some dog legs, but is relatively short compared to newer courses of today. Very well maintained And a true historical GEM. It will be a travesty to see it gone, if the rumors I hear are true. Glad I finally got to play there and hope to get more rounds in the near future.

One of the best courses I've played. I would highly recommend it for anyone to play.

I will return

A very kept course and the staff was helpful and friendly.

Great course for the money

The golf course is in excellent shape. Even apart from the history, the course was in great condition and made for a fun round. The greens all rolled consistently, and the fairways and rough were all green and well-kept. The clubhouse is, of course, incredibly old and really needs to be demolished and rebuilt. It would be a shame to lose this piece of history to a new company moving in, as the golf course itself is one of the best courses in Fort Worth for the cost to play.

History

The history of the course is worth it alone. However the course was in good condition and was fun to play at a great price !!

good course all levels

Was a decent outing, paired up with equal handicap, somewhat high, greens still a little sandy and some patchy areas, fairways in excellent condition, would play again

Valley of Legends

This course is a great reminder of what golf was in the early 1900's. Built in 1912, and home to a young Byron Nelson and Ben Hogan. The course isn't difficult but it's a fun place to play. The staff is super friendly as they always have been to me and any group I've ever played with there. The restaurant in the club house is still like it was when this was a private club so it's far more extensive than just hot dogs and sandwiches.

Shot makers course

This course has very wide fairways with few bunkers off the tee box but alot of trees. Fairways are hard and run so a little draw or fade can run off into and under trees. Greens are tiny and will not hold a full shot usually. Have to land 5 yards short and let it run up onto the green. Greens are bermuda so still hard and fairly dormant right now but roll true. It is the old style course and is the kind if course I grew up playing so I really liked it anf the layout. Had a fun day with my partners playing and analyzing the course. We agreed that we liked it and would play there again. One of the only drawbacks is the driving range is short so no drivers can be hit off the range. Warm up the driver before you come out.

3.2205428571

Valid dates: May 24, 2019 - Oct 13, 2019
Save on lodging and Canyons Golf! Give your drive the adventure it deserve this summer at Canyons Golf.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Unlimited Golf Stay and Play at St James Bay Golf Club