Plantation Golf Club

Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Champions Bermuda grass
Architect Richard Ellis

good time

with the recent wet weather I would have thought the fairway and greens in better condition....the green were a little rough and appeared to have not been fertilized, the fairways were very thin in spots....the pace of play was excellent and check in and all interactions with the staff were pleasant

Tee boxes and Greens

I can’t really complain about the course it was fun to play and I always enjoy being out on the course. However the greens were pretty rough not flat at all and had some small weeds in then. Most tee boxes are not flat at all. Other than those two big factors it was a decent course. Don’t think I will play here again with all of the options near by for the same price.

Good day

Gourde in good condition and pace of play was good

Good condition, individual cart

The green in excellent condition, fairway also pretty good. During the pandemic, the course has been open, and provided cart for players riding alone.

Nice day of golf

Course was packed, but got right off at close to scheduled time. Three of us walked and one of us took a cart to help forecaddie. Fairways and greens were in pretty good shape. Bunkers were in pretty good shape even without rakes available. Overall a good enjoyable round of golf.

Fun track/ solid value

I’m writing this from the perspective of ROI. This is a good priced track, so can’t expect Augusta conditions for ~$35. Overall a fun track. Not real long but interesting layout with some tight holes and water.
1. Straightforward par 4 here, get out of the gate with a easier hole, don’t hit over the green, rollout fast over the back (rule for the day).
2. Long par 4, you will be hitting a long iron/ hybrid on 2nd shot, unless you smoke the drive it ends up being a short par 5. Keep left along tree line off the tee. 2nd shot, rip it. Not much danger here.
3. Mediums length par 4, Favor the right of the tee, much more open. If your are accurate hug trees on left will shorten hole a bit, but tendency is to end up left if trees and have a blocked shot. Approach pretty straightforward.
4. Interesting par 5, relatively short but more danger than a teen with fireworks. Off the tee, big hitters will run it into the water, either way tught in both sides. 2nd shot if you hit a good drive, tempting to go for the green. Don’t do it!!! A hidden notch of water in front of the green and back drops off onto water. Layup in fairway and hit a 100 yd shot into the green. Take your par and move on
5. Tough par 3, miss to right in gully, left goes into the tree. Club down. Look to hit a safe shot to front of green regardless of pin location.
6. Can be an easy hole if you don’t get greedy. Hit an easy 6 iron to a 100 yard 2nd shot over the water Unless you are a huge hitter that can stop the ball you will have to lay up. Approach somewhat shorter as the back runs off into the water
7. Mediums length par 3 over water. Right is water, left is houses. Aim to center if green and take your par and move on
8. Par 5, drive key here, slight dog left, need to go over trees to left, draw if you can. Far drives runs off course to right into the houses. 2nd shot. Swing for the fences. Can score here if you are in the fairway
9. Short par 4, hit over trees to left. Can leave you a short pitch to green. You do a hybrid if you want. Easy hole
10. Par 5 with double water. Big hitters can run it off into the water, 2nd shot upshill with plenty of room.
11. Par 4 version of previous hole. Solid tee shots leaves a short iron
12. Shorter par 4, hug trees in left will leave you a short iron. Plenty of room to right as well. Easy hole
13. Really short par 3. Typically a PW/9 green is slopped. Plays a 1/2 club longer than it looks
14. Similar to 2, long par 4, Tee shot favoring the right is better. 2nd shot wide open. Goose it.
15. Almost same hole as 6. Lay up, favor slightly shorter approach
16. Par 5, straight forward. Good drive and solid 2nd shot puts you in great position
17. Par 3. Water to right. Seems to play 1/2 club longer. Miss to left Right is sand / water and trouble.
18. All about tee shot here. Carry water. Aim at 150 marker. Don’t worry about the water. Right of marker puts you in the trees. If you cut to left make hole shorter. 2nd shot pretty basic.
There you go. Enjoy., course gets backed up on 4/5/6, but speeds up after that.

Great course. Terrible employees.

Played a nice round with the boys. Played slowly but had a good time. The staff was terrible. Trying to rush us off course. Kept coming and asking what time our tee time was and name. We drove slightly back through course to utilize one of the restrooms. Very quickly. They chased us through back to our spot and then continued to suspect we were replaying holes.

Great Time

We enjoyed our round today. The fairways were in great condition. The greens just need a little bit of sun and warmer weather and they will be great.

Staff members were more than accommodating even though we were late for our tee time we got right on and had a lot of fun. Greens were pretty quick.

Challenging course

It is a challenging course but still fun to play it

good rate

The green condition was good even though wet weather and winter. I like the fast green so I may play again this course.

Good Course

Fun short course that gives you lots of opportunity to shoot a good score. Only downside for the round was a group behind us kept hitting into us when there was nowhere to go as we had 2 groups in front of us. Overall it’s a fun course

Misinformation

I booked and prepayed for 4:10pm today. My reservation clearly stated that the golf cart was included. When I checked in the guy at the pro shop refused to give me a cart. He claimed that carts are only available till 4pm and therefore not available for my 4:10 tee time. My playing partner has a knee problem and there was no way we could walk the course. The guy at the proshop absolutely refused to give us a cart. We left without playing and he refused to refund our money and told us to pursue that with Golfnow. I can’t figure out how to contact Golf Now for a refund. Please help!

Horrible conditions. No carts. Rude staff

This place sucks at any price. Doesn’t matter that it is really cheap. Move on to the next course. Poor conditions and the staff treats you like a second class citizen if you book through GolfNow. No carts or GPS even though it says included FYI. Pace of play was horrendous. Could only get through 9 holes before calling it for how slow it was.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020