Orange 72 6816 yards 72.6 127
Maroon (W) 72 4549 yards 66.2 104
Scorecard for Moody Gardens Golf Course
Orange M: 73.3/133 512 428 368 140 570 232 584 413 162 3409 389 524 346 192 575 341 426 142 472 3407 6816
Black M: 71.4/127 493 409 329 120 557 216 560 386 145 3215 375 490 317 173 545 321 401 122 421 3165 6380
Gold M: 69.3/123 425 397 312 105 537 175 528 352 126 2957 355 473 302 166 527 308 378 107 399 3015 5972
Green M: 67.4/113 W: 72.2/127 410 369 272 91 515 155 510 317 93 2732 332 428 282 119 513 291 353 98 381 2797 5529
Maroon M: 63.1/104 W: 66.6/110 353 330 193 89 390 77 465 284 63 2244 270 356 232 76 442 240 312 65 312 2305 4549

Year Built 1976
Fairways Paspalum
Greens Paspalum
Architect Peter Jacobsen (2008) Jim Hardy (2008) Carlton Gipson (1989)

Credit Cards Accepted All credit cards accepted
Dress code Proper golf attire

Crab grass on greens

I have played Moody many times this unfortunately was the worse shape I have seen it in. The greens need some serious attention. With that said the pure amount of rain and crazy weather we have had in the Houston area I understand the difficulty to keep the greens running good and will give them a pass. But your ball shouldn’t play Plinko on the putting greens.

I hate to write a bad review about Moody because it’s one of my favorite course in the Houston area and the condtions are always excellent , I will be back for sure just hope the greens are back to normal.

Nice Course

Lots of water. A few Palm trees. No houses. Airport. Water not a issue if you don’t have a big slice or hook. Greens very nice and true. Fairly flat greens. Sand traps wet so difficult. Enjoyable afternoon. Typical rates a little high but reasonable with the Golf Now special rate.

Commented On 2019-01-25T21:53:12.000+00:00

Thanks for the 5-star review and sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate your comments on our greens and are glad to hear we could provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course! #MGGolfCourse

Nice Golf Course

Little disappointment. View wasn't fantastic as picture shown. We enjoyed rounding. Staffs are very kind.

Commented On 2019-01-18T21:01:44.000+00:00

We appreciate your 4-star review, however, we're sorry to hear your first experience with us may not have your expectations. We're committed to providing our golfers with a valuable golf experience and we hope you were still able to enjoy the day with us at Moody Gardens Golf Course. Hope to have you back again soon! #MGGolfCourse

Great weather! Great conditions! Great course!

Fairways were plush. Greens were true. Challenging but fun course. Not windy at all like expected.

Commented On 2019-01-08T20:08:29.000+00:00

Thanks for the 5-stars and great feedback on our course conditions! Tee it up at Moody Gardens Golf Course again soon. #MGGolfCourse

Love playing here

Staff is not very friendly. The course was not crowded I had a 1220 tee time. There was a three team tournament in front of me. I asked the group in front of me if I could pass them and get out of there way since I was alone. The marshal had a fit that I had passed them. I thought it was a little over the top since I wasn’t bothering any body or getting in the way of players. I love playing here. I play 4 or 5 times a month. Great course.

Commented On 2019-01-08T20:11:20.000+00:00

Thank you for the 4-star review and sharing your feedback with us, however, we're sorry to hear about your unpleasant interaction with some of our staff. We are committed to providing all of our golfers with a valuable customer experience and your comments have been shared appropriately for improvements. We truly appreciate your support at Moody Gardens Golf Course and look forward to having you back for an even better round soon. #MGGolfCourse

Great Greens & Fairways

The greens and fairways at this course are the best in the area, really good. The only minor issue was the bunkers, several of them needed attention and a couple fairway bunkers had grass growing in them, but only a few. It’s island gold so it’s windy, really windy, but that’s to be expected. The greens and fairways are enough for you to try this course.

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 12/17/2018:
Paul, thanks for the 5-stars and great feedback! We truly appreciate your comments, especially regarding our bunkers as this feedback will be shared with our staff for any potential improvements. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the day with us at Moody Gardens Golf Course! Come back soon.

Fun course in excellent condition!

Great day @ Moody Gardens golf course.! Course in excellent condition for fall/winter and greens were near perfect!

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 12/17/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 5-stars! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the day with us recently at Moody Gardens Golf Course. Join us again soon!

Beautiful

Very beautiful course. Super friendly staff. Will return as often as I have time to play!

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 12/17/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 5-stars, David! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent experience with our course & staff. Join us at Moody Gardens Golf Course again soon!

Great course for the money

Course in solid shape. Always a good time at moody

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 12/03/2018:
Thanks for the 5-star review and great feedback! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us, as well as your dedication to playing at Moody Gardens Golf Course. Come see us again soon!

No Slice No Hook

Keep it in fairway play. Lotsa water, marsh, sand, and that’s not counting the wind. Not for hacker or you will be over 100. Still enjoyed being out.

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 11/19/2018:
Robert, thanks for the 4-stars and sharing your feedback with us. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your first round with us, despite the challenge! Join us at Moody Gardens Golf Course for another one soon.

PRETTY NICE

It was pretty nice but I thought it would be better.

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 11/19/2018:
David, thank you for the 4-stars and sharing your feedback with us, however, we're sorry to hear we may not have met your expectations. What can we do better to make your next round a 5-star experience?

A Hidden Value Gem

Have been golfing in Houston 15 years and have never and it down to moody gardens to play. Had a friend in town and weather was supposed to be better down south. Went in expecting a nice muni and was surprised with a super fun course. I would call it more a resort style course with some very wide fairways in certain areas. I don't think you can play another course with as much water/bay views for a better value. Would highly recommend.

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 11/12/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 5-stars, Craig! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your first experience with us at Moody Gardens Golf Course. Join us for another round soon!

Great round!

Great game the only problem was the mosquitoes. They were horrible but to be expected after rain they had in Galveston. Otherwise our round was great!!

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 11/04/2018:
Thanks for the 5-star review and sharing your feedback with us! We do apologize for any inconvenience regarding the mosquitoes, but truly appreciate your understanding given the recent rain we've had in the area. We hope to have you back at Moody Gardens Golf Course again soon!

Perfect

A little wet and windy. The course is in perfect conditions.

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 10/16/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 5-stars! We appreciate your comments and can't wait to have you back at Moody Gardens Golf Course again soon.

Always Nice

I travel to Galveston each year for time on this course. It's always in great shape, the staff very helpful and great pace of play. The fairways are very well maintained, tee boxes are great and the greens are always in good shape. My hats off to the staff!

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 09/05/2018:
Thank you for the great feedback and 5-stars! We truly appreciate your dedication to playing our course each year and can't wait to welcome you back to Moody Gardens Golf Course again soon.

People need to learn to fix ballmarks!

In addition to losing lots of palms to the winter freeze, the greens at this place are pock-marked as apparently no one knows how to fix a ball mark.....! The staff ought to handle out ballmark tools and instruct players on how to use them!!

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 08/16/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and 4-stars. We truly value your feedback as it has been shared with our appropriate staff, and we apologize if the ball marks affected your recent round with us. We hope you were still able to enjoy your round and that we can welcome you back to Moody Gardens Golf Course for an even better round soon!

Moody Gardens

Excellent layout with well maintained course on the Gulf Coast. Friendly and helpful staff made the day.

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 08/16/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 5-star review! On behalf of our staff at Moody Gardens Golf Course, we're glad to hear your first round with us was a success. Come back for another one soon!

Great Layout

Really enjoy playing Moody Gardens course. Pace of play was really slow yesterday because of an old Guys mini tournament. I can say that because I’m an old Guy. Nevertheless, it’s always a pleasure playing on Galveston’s beautiful nice public course.

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 08/16/2018:
Larry, thank you for the 4-star review and kind feedback. We truly value your dedication to playing at Moody Gardens Golf Course and hope you had a great round with us recently. Come back soon!

Best round in a loooonnnnggggg time!

First time in many years that I broke 40 on each 9. Could not have done it without the superb course conditions. Thanks Moody Garden Golf Staff and most importantly the best Superintendent in the county!

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 08/16/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review and kind feedback. We truly value your dedication to playing at Moody Gardens Golf Course and are glad to hear you had a great round with us recently! Come back soon.

Moody Gardens

Absolutely must play this course. Always in nothing less than great shape. Nice layout. It can be challenging. Highly recommend!

Response from #MGGolfCourse on 08/16/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback, recommendation, and 5-star review! On behalf of our staff at Moody Gardens Golf Course, we're glad to hear your recent round with us was a success. Come back for another one soon!

Valid dates: Feb 11, 2019 - Mar 31, 2019