View of hole #13 at Moody Gardens Golf Course

Moody Gardens Golf Course

Year Built 1976
Fairways Paspalum Grass
Greens Paspalum Grass
Architect Peter Jacobsen (2008) Jim Hardy (2008) Carlton Gipson (1989)

Credit Cards Accepted All credit cards accepted
Dress code Collared shirt & no denim.

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

A feel of a course in the tropics

Palm trees, wind, water hazards, seagulls, well kept fairways and greens all part of what makes Moody Gardens golf course a great attraction.

Commented on 07/05/2020

We are so spoiled to have this view everyday, and we are honored to share it with our golfers. We look forward to having you back again very soon!

Always a pleasure

Have played this course at least 20+ times in 2020. It can be challenging depending on the wind speed and direction but always fair. Front 9 is easier than back 9 especially if the wind is coming from the west. The back nine slopes toward the airport and the canal so left to right wind makes it challenging unless you play a draw. Hole 6 is probably the hardest par 3 especially if wind is in your face and hole 7 in the early morning you need spotter because sun is right in your face. Most fairways are wide open and forgiving and all greens roll great. Staff is super friendly and the music they play on loud speaker is rockin (classic rock). With no wind you can really score a good round but if wind picks up lookout. It will always be a pleasure to play here.

Commented on 07/05/2020

We are so glad that you had such a great time! We work hard to make sure that we deliver an exceptional experience, and we are already looking forward to your next visit with us!

Staff was very friendly and helpful

Our tee time was actually scheduled for the day after we got to play but with the rain and storms moving in, the pro staff at the course let us move up a day early and worked us in, due to us being on vacation we didn’t have a whole lot of time to reschedule but they got us worked in and we had a great time and staff was very friendly! Overall a good experience and good time golfin

Commented on 06/28/2020

We are so glad you were able to get your round in during your vacation! We hope you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to see you back here again one day soon! Thanks again for coming out to Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Fantastic!

We absolutely loved the course. It was immaculately maintained and played very well. Be prepared to some wind this close to the gulf, but that’s part of the charm and excitement. Even on a hot day the gulf breezes kept us cool.

We will be regulars here for sure.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Thanks so much for such kind words! We are so happy you enjoyed your time at the course, and we hope to have you back again soon.

Wonderful day out

We had a great day playing on the course. It was beautifully maintained from the tee boxes to green. Staff was welcoming and the marshal (Van?) was very friendly.
The Maroon Ladies tees are too short - most par threes were under 85 yards, and a couple were only about 70n yards - not that it made it any easier to hit par! Next time I would play from the men's senior tees. A couple of nice trickle holes too, especially the 18th.
Definitely a good course for us. Husband is about a 20 handicap and I am about a 15.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hi Julie1985623. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Commented on 06/17/2020

Thanks for taking the time to rate us 5 stars!

Unique to the Houston area

Why haven’t I played this course before? Fairways and greens were perfect, course is challenging if your driver is off. I’ll be back!

Commented on 06/22/2020

We're so glad you finally played our course! And we are already looking forward to your next visit!

GolfNow - Failure to communicate

I really enjoyed playing five holes at Moody Gardens, the greens are in excellent condition and of course their fairways are supreme.

Only five because a train of thunderstorms on the outmost southwest edge of Tropical Storm Cristobal lined up just north of the course, spinning to the east, with the whole system sagging south. The course blew the horn and I headed inside to try to wait it out, but decided it was only going to get worse.

Now I understand the course will not give me a rain check on a round I purchased on GolfNow. AND...once the round has started, neither the app or web will let you cancel the round.

"Hot Deal Tee times cannot be refunded unless the golf course is closed due to weather on the day of play."

Here's the communication failure...there seems to be no way to cancel the reservation once its started. GN does not want to talk with us nor let us email them, so other than complain in this review, I find myself stymied.

GN - you know how to contact me, your turn.

Commented on 06/17/2020

Your feedback is important to us, MICHATFIELD10107. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course

Beautiful Course

Course was beautiful and the green were perfect. Love that this course is so close to home.

Commented on 06/09/2020

We are so glad that you are so close by that yo can stop over for a round anytime! We are looking forward to your next visit with us.

Nice afternoon in Galveston!

Tee off at 16.30 . Course in fantastic conditions! Light wind and good pace of play! I Managed to finish my round in 3 hour and 30 minutes and play my hcp! ! I will come back!

Commented on 06/08/2020

We're so glad you had such a wonderful time, and got your round in at such a good pace!

Great Island course

Moody is by far one of the best courses in Texas. Fun beautiful and challenging. The course is always in pristine conditions including the greens. A must play.

Commented on 06/09/2020

We are so glad you consider us one of the best courses in Texas. We work hard to maintain our course, and take pride in providing a wonderful experience for all golfers. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Amazing track...

Heard positive reviews, drove from Katy, tx and was not disappointed. Course in EXCELLENT condition and will return with friends.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We are thrilled you enjoyed our course so much!

Great course beautiful views

Our foursome had a great experience at Moody Gardens. Rain threatened all day and was pretty hot/humid but the course is in perfect shape. Tee times were 15 mins apart so we had breathing room until the back nine where more experienced groups caught us. Challenging holes with a 20-40 mph wind but we loved it and will be back soon we hope!

Commented on 06/01/2020

We are so glad you had a great experience at our course, even amidst the heat! We look forward to having you back here again soon!

Excellent Family Course

I love playing here. Now with new adversaries (Covid19) there are extremely as challenges in everything that we do. Moody Gardens has met the challenge overwhelmingly. I feel safe and confident of keeping my family safe at Moody Gardens Everything isclean, sanitized and engineered for social distancing. The New Golf cartswete an excellent surprise. ADDITIONALLY., I DON'T THINK THAT THE CORSE HAS EVER BEEN IN BETTER SHAPE.

STILL THE CITY COURSE WITH LOOK SND AMBISNCE OF A CC COURSE!

IF YOU HAVENT VISITED MOODY GSRDENS, YOU SHOULD!,

Commented on 06/01/2020

Thank you so much for this amazing review. We are working very hard to maintain the safety and well being of all. We are so glad you feel safe, and we will continue to provide a wonderful experience for you and your family. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best public course

I can’t say enough good stuff about this course, the greens and fairways were fantastic.
By far best course I’ve played and I’ve played many courses in lots of countries.
1 - 9 are the easy holes 10 - 14 are brutal with a south wind, 15 - 18 are tight, lots of water.
If you’re an avid golfer, this one is a must play!

Commented on 06/01/2020

Wow, thank you so much for the stellar review! We appreciate you taking the time to come out to the course!

Beautiful golf for anybody

This course is in great shape and the layout is awesome! The staff is very friendly and accommodating!

Commented on 05/19/2020

It's probably one of the best course's that I have played around Houston. The greens are a little slow and bumpy. It will be awesome once they pick up the speed.

Commented on 06/01/2020

That is such a nice review. We hope to see you back here soon!

Moody Gardens Golf

This is an excellent course, always in great shape. The grass they use looks good every time of year. Front 9 easier than the tough back nine. When I played on 5/10 the wind was down a bit, but always get stronger in the pm making the back nine very challenging even playing from the senior tees. Greens are always good!

Commented on 06/01/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review! We are always working to make sure our course is in the best condition possible. We look forward to having you back again soon!

I’ve played here several times before. The course is in excellent condition. From the tee box to the greens this course is in great shape! Challenging par 5’s with trickery Par 3’s this course has it all. Cold mix drinks and beers make it the best course around!

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Galveston, Texas