Year Built 1976
Fairways Paspalum
Greens Paspalum
Architect Peter Jacobsen (2008) Jim Hardy (2008) Carlton Gipson (1989)

Credit Cards Accepted All credit cards accepted
Dress code Proper golf attire

A well maintained course.

This was my second time to play Moody Gardens. Both trips were fantastic. The greens are well maintained and consistent. I really liked the course having five par 5's and five par 3's. Thanks for the great round of golf!

Commented On 09/18/2019

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience and great feedback. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course and check out your review shared on our Facebook page.

Commented On 09/11/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Moody Gardens Golf Course! We appreciate your 5-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented On 09/04/2019

Hi mhbarnes, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Happy Thursday

Stayed at moody gardens booked the round through golfnow used a golfpass code played for free so let’s talk about the course and layout awesome well kept great layout I will definitely come back and highly recommended to anyone !!!!

Commented On 09/04/2019

Hi tclovegolf1, thank you for your 5-star rating, recommendation, and great feedback on our course! We're glad to hear you had a positive golf experience through our partnership with GolfNow. Please book another round with us soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Great day of golf!

Great day of golf. Course was in great shape as always. Make a few trips to Galveston every year just to play here. Great amenities as well.

Commented On 08/29/2019

u000007180877, thank you for your kind words and dedication to playing our course! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course, and check out your review shared on our Facebook page.

Excellent round at Moody Gardens

We stayed at the hotel and enjoyed the amenities on Friday. I woke up early and played 18 Saturday morning. We finished around 11 am and joined the family for some fun in Galveston. All in all, it was a great time.

Commented On 08/26/2019

Hi ndayrz, thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback on your entire experience with us! Please book another round with us soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Commented On 08/26/2019

Hi lesf66, thank you for your 4-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course.

NICE GALVESTON TX RESORT COURSE

Fairways in great shape. Nice and soft. Greens were punched a week earlier but still had a nice roll on the puts.

Friendly staff and nice lunch specials after your round.

Commented On 08/23/2019

Hi uGJZA3215GJ, thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback on the course & services! Please book another round with us soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Slow play

There was a tournament group just before me, so it made for a slow round.
These things do happen,.
Restaurant staff was best part of the day, very friendly.

Commented On 08/12/2019

Hi CBSattorney, thank you for reviewing the course and sharing your feedback. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your recent round, but we truly appreciate your patience & understanding with our tournament. We're glad to see you had a positive experience with our staff, and we can't wait to welcome you back for an even better experience in the near future. Thank you for playing Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Commented On 08/07/2019

Hello Thecure, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Commented On 08/06/2019

Hi Dercam14, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Honestly didn't know what to expect. Pictures can always be deceiving, but the fairways and greens were very well kept. Plenty of water to get you in trouble, which made it challenging, especially on the back 9. The fairways got a little tighter on the back 9. Played a twosome, had a 3 in front of us and single behind us and everyone maintained a good pace. Really enjoyed the experience overall. Ladies at the bar and young gentlemen at the pro-shop were very friendly. Look forward to playing next time I'm down on vacation.

Commented On 08/02/2019

Hi ctornelas, we truly appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Play this course every week love it especially if wind isn’t blowing.

Commented On 07/29/2019

Hello, u000004691514. Thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback! Please book another round with us soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Great Course. Terrible Staff.

The golf course is really fun to play and very challenging. When we started the wind was reasonable but by the back 9 it picked up and made the holes play 3 to 4 clubs longer into the wind. The greens were almost perfect and rolled true all day long. The lady who we checked in with was so rude I almost said something but decided to let it pass. Other than that it was a great day, well worth the price and will definitely play again if I’m back in the area.

Commented On 08/02/2019

Hi u3384898, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. However, we do apologize for any poor experience regarding our staff, as this is not the level of service we strive to provide. Your feedback has been shared appropriately, but we're very glad to hear you still enjoyed the day with us. We look forward to having you back at Moody Gardens Golf Course again soon!

Challenging

I am a 6 handicap . Played this course for the first time in a 20mph wind. Very difficult to play . Not very much room off the tee without penalty . Deep thick rough can save errant shots but difficult to find your ball . Greens very good and easy to putt .

Commented On 07/25/2019

Hello, u000007025872. Thank you for your 5-star rating and sharing your feedback with us! We hope you enjoyed the challenge of the course and book another round with us soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Commented On 07/05/2019

Thanks for the 5-stars and choosing to play Moody Gardens Golf Course! Come back soon. #MGGolfCourse

Starter

I was there as a single. I let the starter on the driving range know that if he had an opening he could send me off since I was by myself. There was about a 10 -15 minute gap between a group and a foursome and he wouldn’t let me go. Instead he put me with a foursome that was teeing off in about a half an hour. I had to wait for two more foursomes an a threesome. Unnecessary judgement by the starter. I could have gotten through the course a lot quicker as I was in from out of town. I was gone that day for seven hours.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we do apologize for any frustration or inconvenience caused during your recent visit. We can assure you our staff is committed to managing the pace of play and ensuring a positive golf experience, but your feedback has been shared appropriately for potential improvements. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved round soon.

An awesome day on the course

I am very new to the game myself and was a bit concerned on how things would go. My concerns were quickly alleviated when we spoke with the gentleman in the pro shop. He explained how everything worked and directed us to the starter at the range. This gentleman was also quite friendly and just told us to have fun even though we explained how very terrible we played the game. There was ice near the carts to fill your ice chests and the beverage cart always showed up in the nick of time extra vision fluid. The course was beautiful with some of the nicest fairways I've seen. We were expecting a stuck up atmosphere, but it turned out that everyone we ran into from the staff the other players were as friendly as they could be. I will most definitely play here again!

Commented On 06/18/2019

Joe, thanks for the excellent feedback and 5-star review! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your first round with us at Moody Gardens Golf Course, and we appreciate your kind comments on our course & staff. We can't wait to welcome you back for another round soon. #MGGolfCourse

The course was a lot of fun and the layout is great. It seems like every time I play here the course is in phenomenal shape. The greens where tight fast and smooth rolling. I highly recommend playing here, just be ready to deal with some wind.

Commented On 06/19/2019

Thanks for the great feedback and 4-star review! We truly appreciate your dedication to playing at Moody Gardens Golf Course, as well as the recommendation. Check out your review shared on our Facebook page and come back soon. #MGGolfCourse

One of my favorites.

Wonderful break from the dingy Bermuda courses everywhere around here. One of the best conditioned courses in the area and a gem worth the drive. One of my favorite places to be. Breezes make the course play cooler than the other mainland options. I've been playing here for years, on and off and this round, the course was in as good of shape as it has ever been in! Typically over priced, but a hot deal tee time or discount and it is a top choice. Great layout that gets better every time you play it. Wide open, but with the typically strong wind, can be a true test. I'm also and aviation enthusiast and pilot, so the constant air show next door is always great on top of the golf! Burger was good.

Valid dates: Sep 16, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020