Moody Gardens Golf Course

Year Built 1976
Fairways Paspalum
Greens Paspalum
Architect Peter Jacobsen (2008) Jim Hardy (2008) Carlton Gipson (1989)

Credit Cards Accepted All credit cards accepted
Dress code Proper golf attire

Fabulous Place

If you want to have a great round of golf then visit this place. I'm a local and really love it. Make a day of it...and have lunch or dinner on the seawall. You wont be disappointed.

Commented on 01/10/2020

Thanks so much for the lovely review! What a great suggestion for future golfers. We can't wait to have you back here soon!

Winter breeze

Overall this was a great course in very nice condition for December. The staff was friendly and a beverage cart came by several times during our round. The starter gave us some tips before we began our round that were very helpful to first timers. The layout gives off a tropical feel with all the palm trees and ocean breeze. Highly recommend playing here if you have the opportunity.

Commented on 01/06/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Jachouston! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fun Track

Poor first impression with the guy behind the counter saying "we are out of carts, make them walk" and then the guy at the register trying to charge me a higher rate than my golfnow rate. Once it all got straighted out I was given a key and dismissed. Once I found my group and we teed off things went much better from there. Course conditions were very good and it was an enjoyable layout. Not sure why they were out of carts because the parking lot wasn't that full. Seems as if they managed things a bit better from the shop this could be a top notch golf experience. Perhaps a starter to manage the tee and carts.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Hello. We are sorry your experience was less than 5-stars. We are happy you enjoyed the course conditions, but we will work to improve your overall experience for the future. Thanks again for playing, and we hope to see you back here soon!

Awesome Course Conditions!!

Course was well maintained & in Great condition. From the T box to the fairway, bunkers, greens, it was a very nice course. The only negative was the starter/Marshall, he wasn’t very friendly. The course marshal that we spoke with, while playing, was much more personable. Slight negative compared to the many positives at this course.

Commented on 12/10/2019

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, SmokeWagon! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Fantastic golf

It was sunny 70 degrees the wind was light, fairways were lush and greens were smooth and rolling true, my first hole was a birdie. This is a fun course, tight narrow fairways with water hazards on nearly every holes. I happened to play well today so really enjoyed it . Highly recommended!

Commented on 12/05/2019

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course.

A fantastic golfing experience.

A very challenging golf course with excellent greens, well manicured fairways, friendly staff, and excellent facilities.

Commented on 12/26/2019

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Thanksgiving Tradition

Always enjoy rounds here at Thanksgiving. Only issues were some clover overtaking some tees and uneven conditions in bunkers.

Commented on 12/02/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Very nice course for the money

The course is in excellent condition. Course is challenging, especially with the wind. Pace of play is a little slow in the morning. Greens are fast and in great shape.

One of the best in the area

I frequent this course often. It's a challenging course that is well taken care of, the drainage is decent, and you can typically play 90 degree cart rules around the 2nd-3rd day after a heavy rain (it takes a little longer to dry out in the colder months). There is always a breeze here and it makes playing in the hot summer very enjoyable. The course plays differently spring/summer with the southern gulf winds, to fall/winter with the colder northern winds. Most of the staff is extremely friendly and inviting, they are open to advice on course play, and friendly conversation. The practice facilities are well kept, and I rarely have to hit off of the mats at the range. The course greens are in a good condition in the early weekends, and when most players repair their divots. One downside to the course is the bunker play, where some are better than others, and some still need reworking/filling. Maintainance is continually working on bunker and drainage repairs, it's obvious that a lot of care and attention is being given to this course.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! Thanks for the feedback, as well as for your positive review of us as well. We look forward to having you back here soon!

Love this course!!

I play on many courses within a 50 miles radius and this is the most well kept, designed and fun. The fairways and greens are always perfect even after rain. I’ve even played on courses when on vacation and I still rate Moody as the best.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Thanks so much for the great review! We are so glad you had such a great time playing at Moody Gardens Golf Course, and we look forward to seeing you again here soon!

Excellent

Course was in excellent condition. The greens were some of the best I’ve ever played on. Not a blimish any where on the greens. There were a few ball marks on the greens that weren’t repaired but that was because evidently some of the golfers didn’t fix their own marks. I played there 2 days in a row I enjoyed it so much. Highly recommend!

Commented on 11/15/2019

2 days in a row, that's great! Thanks so much for the wonderful review and playing at Moody Gardens Golf Course! We're glad you had such a great time, and we hope that you'll come back again soon for another round!

Commented on 11/04/2019

Hello, Gscoligan. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Pace of play

Course was in great shape. I have played it many times and thoroughly love it. The problem was the pace of play. When you have 3 groups on a tee box at one time and no marshal in sight, you have a problem. There was no reason for that. It is very difficult to get into a rhythm when you wait on every shot. I guess I should of called the pro shop but I didn’t. We finally saw the marshal on the 17th hole.

Commented on 10/10/2019

Hello, GoGolf719. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and layout to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Moody Gardens Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Amazing course!

Played a foursome with some friends that I grew up with. This course is amazing. Much cooler with less humidity due to being on the island. Course conditions are perfect with greens and fairways in perfect condition. What recommend to anyone hands down the best costal course in Texas.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us Cresideris. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Moody Gardens Golf Course thank you!

Great Golf Course

We frequently drive down from Houston to play Moody Gardens. simply the best conditioned public golf course in Texas. Great value and always a pleasure to play.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Hi, QQyjMlz6ADagWxpFytxJ. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Moody Gardens Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

FANTASTIC! Considering the amount of rain we had received from Imelda, the course was in FANTASTIC conditions with very receptive greens( other golfers really need to fix their divots and should take the time because you will ruin the greens and then people won’t want to return, that cost me three strokes having to put over or around the divot). The bunkers were a wash which is to be expected after that amount of rain.
Take plenty of bug spray cause them skeeters WILL FEAST on ya. They are big and hungry.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hi blaiseisgolfing, thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback! We truly appreciate your patience & understanding regarding the recent rain in the area, but we're glad to hear you still enjoyed the day with us. Please book another round with us soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course!

GREAT COURSE

Despite the recent storm, course had minimal areas of standing water. Greens were true and fairways were maintained nicely

Commented on 09/24/2019

Hi u000007889895, thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback on the course conditions! Please book another round with us soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course.

A well maintained course.

This was my second time to play Moody Gardens. Both trips were fantastic. The greens are well maintained and consistent. I really liked the course having five par 5's and five par 3's. Thanks for the great round of golf!

Commented on 09/18/2019

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience and great feedback. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course and check out your review shared on our Facebook page.

Commented on 09/11/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Moody Gardens Golf Course! We appreciate your 5-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hi mhbarnes, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.