Mountain Branch Golf Course

Year Built 2000
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Jeff Matthai (2000)

Mountain Branch Golf Club is a very nice course.

The course was in very good shape. The tee boxes had recently been aerated and some the grass was very thin. The fairways and greens were in very good shape. I would definitely play this course again.

A Local Favorite

Wife and I really enjoy playing this course. Short Par 3's, visually pleasing holes, interesting layout with multiple options to play a hole. Fairways and greens in excellent condition, tees and some bunkers need help. Range ball quality worst I have seen anywhere this year. Nice bar.

Fantastic!

This course is beautiful. The staff is amazing - well Bob is anyway! He was so personable and friendly! Bob hooked me up with some great guys to play with! I will definitely play this course again when I come back to the Baltimore area! The greens were killer! They were in great shape and definitely a challenge. Thank you for an amazing day!

The golf course has great features.

The golf course is in good shape, fairways and greens are true. Some of the tee boxes need a little love, but they appear to be working on them. I would highly recommend Mountain Branch to a friend.

First time here

This was my first time at this course. I’ve always driven by it and this was my first time playing it. Overall, i would return. We golfed on Labor Day so we expected it to be busy, which it was. However the foursome in front of us were EXTREMELY slow. The range was trying to push them along, it just didn’t work.

The conditions were for the most part good. A couple holes really seemed to have suffered from the summer. But the greens were in good conditions. And the hole positions on a couple were very tough. Not knowing the greens really hurt the score card, HA.

The layout is awesome. Some holes offered some really pretty views. I would recommend to a friend. We will be coming back.

Great layout

Greens were in great shape with the exception of people not fixing their ball marks. This is not the courses fault as the starter clearly instructed you to do so. Layout was great, everything was right there in front of you, no tricks or blind holes. Tee boxes were in terrible shape as were parts of the fairways and some roughs. Quite a few tee shots in the fairway found what would best be described as ground under repair. I wasn’t expecting such poor conditions on just about every tee box and parts of most every fairway, but my hope is this is temporary because I would love to come back to play this course when they grow some grass in these areas...

Disappointed

For years I've driven by this course and have always admired the club house and views. Decided to play a round with friends on a Wednesday @ 10AM. Got what I thought was a good deal on green, $45 per person with cart. They did give an advisement that the greens and tee box had been aerated about 10 days prior, so I was ready for a few plug holes and related issues. I was DISAPPOINTED.
The driving range was unkept and looked like a construction site ready for housing development.
The course, most important, was not at all maintained. Roughly 10 of 18 tee boxes were in terrible shape, dead or dying grass or no grass at all. About 4 of the fairways had significant dead, dying, or fungus patches. Several bunkers were completely unkept and played like concrete. The 1st cut rough was a mess and looked as if it hadn't been cut for sometime. The course design is narrow and very challenging so having an out of control 1st rough really made this course fairly difficult. Be ready to loose a bunch of balls if you are slightly off your game. The greens, thankfully were not aerated, were thick and very slow.
For a course touted to be one of the "Premier" course in Harford County, I was very disappointed.
Sorry for not having taken pictures.

Beautiful course

Course was in tough shape due to weather but it is still a beautiful course. Staff were helpful and friendly. Needed to use cart path only for first nine due to rain effects.

Tee boxes have no grass

Great course but rite now the tee boxes are In horrendous shape all dirt no grass to hit from thank god u use tees or you would be getting dirt and mud all over you. It's a shame because really great course and layout is great just wish teeboxes where in better shape .

Mountain Branch

The course is trying to fix a few holes. But this is a necessary repair that should benefit the course in the long. The course has a good lay out with several challenging holes. It is worth playing

Better conditions

Really disappointed in the conditions of the fairways completely dry and burnt out no grass in over 30 period the actual fairways I expected better maintenance from a demanding course from a layout perspective and pricing

Fairways in awful shape

The course was in pretty rough shape when we played. Fairways were completely burned out on the front. To try and make up for it they soaked all the fairways to the point where it was cart path only. Really disappointing when you hit a good drive down the middle and end up on a match of dead grass/mud. The greens were in pretty good shape. Rolling pretty decent. I think the layout is nice and clubhouse looks good. Only way I would come back is with a really really good deal, or if they would get the fairways back in shape. Not worth the money otherwise.

Good risk/reward course

Course layout provides challanges. A bad shot could cost you. Slow pace on front nine due to cartpath only. Back nine pace picked up. A good hot deal course.

Mountain Branch-Saturday

The course was in great shape-much better than the last time I played at Mountain Branch.
The pace of play was great, no pressure for the entire round.
I will play this course again, when discounted on Golf Now!

Matt tanner

Great competitive course, greens were very nice and true

Plays Twice a year

Worst marked course in a long time

On over 95% of the holes is was almost impossible to determine your yardage. The 200 yard, 150 yard & the 100 yard markers are non existent on the cart path and poorly marked other places. The group in front of us was 25 minutes behind the pace of play with no ranger to be found.

Course in Excellent Shape

It's been two years since I played here and wanted to give it another try. It's almost an hour drive for me, but well worth it. The course is in excellent shape. The fairways are beautiful, and the greens are fast. They were recently aerated, but with the smaller pin-needle style machine, so the holes did not affect the roll in any way. The rough was brutal, though, so stay in the fairway! I was in a couple of bunkers and some of them were a little lacking in sand. My only issue was the pace of play. We had a bachelor party in front of us with guys who clearly didn't know how to play...and they had 1.5 holes open in front of them before we hit the turn. And, the guys behind us were good players so hit down on us twice...missed hitting me both times by about 2 feet! (This could have been avoided if they just would have sent one of their carts down to make sure the way was clear for them to hit...which they didn't do.) Being a twosome squeezed between these two threesomes was a bit distracting. The marshal talked to the guys in front of us on #13 so it did pick up, but the damage was done by then. The course, though, is in great condition, beautiful vistas, and a diverse layout. You must hit the fairways though to have any chance of scoring well.

Bel Air, Maryland