Mountain Branch Golf Course
Blue (W) 72 5279 yards 70.8 114
Scorecard for Mountain Branch Golf Course
Gold M: 74.4/137 439 533 351 448 573 409 220 396 173 3542 434 162 528 421 195 404 374 459 519 3496 7038
Black M: 72.3/133 381 509 321 418 557 394 190 378 152 3300 414 137 498 404 155 384 348 438 492 3270 6570
White M: 70.5/127 W: 75.6/133 363 482 301 402 529 378 159 362 132 3108 401 126 457 371 128 362 312 416 465 3038 6146
Blue M: 66.4/121 W: 70.8/114 288 439 264 351 485 305 134 322 97 2685 343 101 410 301 108 302 281 343 405 2594 5279

Year Built 2000
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Jeff Matthai (2000)

Mountain Branch-Saturday

The course was in great shape-much better than the last time I played at Mountain Branch.
The pace of play was great, no pressure for the entire round.
I will play this course again, when discounted on Golf Now!

Matt tanner

Great competitive course, greens were very nice and true

Plays Twice a year

Worst marked course in a long time

On over 95% of the holes is was almost impossible to determine your yardage. The 200 yard, 150 yard & the 100 yard markers are non existent on the cart path and poorly marked other places. The group in front of us was 25 minutes behind the pace of play with no ranger to be found.

Course in Excellent Shape

It's been two years since I played here and wanted to give it another try. It's almost an hour drive for me, but well worth it. The course is in excellent shape. The fairways are beautiful, and the greens are fast. They were recently aerated, but with the smaller pin-needle style machine, so the holes did not affect the roll in any way. The rough was brutal, though, so stay in the fairway! I was in a couple of bunkers and some of them were a little lacking in sand. My only issue was the pace of play. We had a bachelor party in front of us with guys who clearly didn't know how to play...and they had 1.5 holes open in front of them before we hit the turn. And, the guys behind us were good players so hit down on us twice...missed hitting me both times by about 2 feet! (This could have been avoided if they just would have sent one of their carts down to make sure the way was clear for them to hit...which they didn't do.) Being a twosome squeezed between these two threesomes was a bit distracting. The marshal talked to the guys in front of us on #13 so it did pick up, but the damage was done by then. The course, though, is in great condition, beautiful vistas, and a diverse layout. You must hit the fairways though to have any chance of scoring well.

Highly recommended

The course is in the best condition that I have seen it in years.

Very Nice Course

This is a really nice course. I drove 50 minutes to get here and it was worth it. The greens were aerated, but they rolled very true. The aeration was done so well some holes didn't seem aerated at all. Great course and I will definitely make that trip again.

A Unique Layout with some Beautiful Holes

Wife and I enjoyed St Patrick's Day playing here. Early in season so a chilly round with a moderate breeze. This course has some visually stunning holes and a very interesting layout. Beautiful in season. Generous fairways and mostly very tight approaches. Nice elevation changes. Cart paths need some attention after winter. One of the best course values in area.

Course unplayable

Let me first say that this is a great course. I have played here on many occasions. When I arrived today I was told that the front nine was closed and we would have to play the back nine twice. When we started playing we understood why the front none was closed. The course was soaked. The back nine was really unplayable also. We stopped playing after nine and they did give a a rain check. They were good about giving us a rain check with no problem. Again, this is usually a great course, just don't play it after rain or snow. It doesn't drain well .

18 Holes of Beauty

First time playing at the course and we were in awe through the entire 18 holes. It was a disappointment to have found that the course is only 15 minutes from our home and we didn't know sooner! But- we are extremely glad that we eventually did find this gem! Scores werent what we would usually be satisfied with but the layout and the surrounding beauty made up for it all! (It may have been because we were more focused on everything else but the game :) )

Enjoyable

After reading a lot of the reviews was very tentative on playing here. Had a Raspberry Trail day here and was well worth it. In top 5 courses I've played this year, Bulle Rock is better but not by much. They layout is fun and somewhat challenging, greens are quick but fair, and fairways are in great shape considering the weather we had this year so far. If you are up in that air on playing here look on their website for pictures, it was an enjoyable round. I would play early it does get crowded fast, if it was closer would play here more often, just gonna have to settle for trail card days here. Oh balls were not included in price someone did mention that in a previous post.

Better than Remembered

Been a couple years since I played here and I really enjoyed the beauty of this course. Unique layout, memorable holes. All the summer rain has taken its toll on a few fairways, but compared to other high end courses I play, the course is in great condition. Cart path only was a physical challenge. Windy day so club selection also a challenge.

Not what it use to be

I played this course several times years ago and found it to be worth the price. Today its not worth half what they charge, fairway grass is gone at several holes, greens very ruff, and its just a shame use to be a beautiful place to play. Harford county needs to help some of the golf courses or they will go under as its seems the case at Mountain Branch.

What am I missing here

On the surface, you would think this would be an elite course, but geez, they just dont get it.... I'm a 6 handicap, so I'm not an idiot when it comes to golf.... I repeatedly have bad experiences at this course. For one, you absolutely need a range finder... they only seem to mark the 150, if they even do that... then a few land marks here and there... i personally dont bring one, i like to do the math from 100, 150, 200 marks... absolutely cant do that there,... then if you get pushed with the slow play, or play with a fair golfer, things get worse....warning, hole number, maybe 4, driveable blind par 4, your life is in danger.... Some small things... the golf cart was not cleaned, i mean, seriously,... paying higher prices, and you cant clean a cart.... they dont seem to care about the little things... weeding, flower beds, etc... they have a couple arrogant personalities on their staff, which is never pleasant.... things never go smooth when checking in, they always have a problem "with their system"... gets old. Sadly, i live 2 miles from this course and i never want to play it.

Great Layout; Terrible Conditions

Have played golf at Mountain Branch about 10 times over the years. I have always loved the layout but the course conditions were never up to par. Played the course two weeks ago and could not believe how awful the course condition was. I first went to the range to see that we couldn't hit off grass and were hitting into mounds of dirt in the distance. That is fine I thought...it is an eye sore but it is just the range (no big deal). Then we started our round. First three holes were okay. From then on out the course conditions were the worst I have ever played on (I have a few hundred rounds under my belt). Every fairway of every hole seemed to be diseased. There was a 90/10 ratio of dirt to grass. At times it was hard to find grass on the fairway where you could move your ball. We had someone from out of town with us and just kept apologizing. There is an air of elitism at the course and I can't figure out why. They discounted the rate $10 prior to the round but did not explain why so the conditions were a surprise. $50 twilight greens fees is absolute robbery. I keep telling myself that I am never coming back but do love the layout. I think I will be following through with the not coming back statement this time.

Fun round!

One of my favorite places to play in the Baltimore area. Very fair layout with some solid scoring opportunities. Pace of play has never been a problem and the staff is very friendly. Has become a go-to for me.

Mountain Branch

Booked a day at this course through Rapsberry golf trail from our home course Inniscrone. The pro recommended it to us. Arrived and was greeted by friendly starter. Paid fee and were told range balls were included which was nice. We just went out and played. Not many people out so we started early. We let a few singles play through. We played at a real relaxed pace, which made a real nice day. After we had lunch which was a good finish to our experience . Wife beat me by 4 strokes which I didn't mind. Would like to play here again. Staff were helpful which made our day.

Some good, some not so good.

I was looking forward to my first round here. The pictures and layout looked gorgeous online, and there were a few good reviews. Let's start with the good: The gentleman in the Pro Shop was friendly. The starter, an older gentleman, was excellent, and gave us many details about where to go, how to navigate the course, pin positions, where to take the cart at the end, etc., which most starters don't take the time to do. The beverage cart ladies were excellent, friendly, professional, and even had low-calorie sports drinks, something that many courses don't have, believe it or not. The fairways, greens, roughs, and common area were not spectacular, but were generally well maintained. Now for the not as good: There was a wedding going on, which is fine, but my overall sense was that they probably focus more on events than on golf. It was a challenge to find parking, even though the golf course wasn't crowded at all, again probably a symptom of the wedding event. For a day in which there seemed to be far less golfers than expected, there were a ton of unrepaired ball marks. That's the fault of the golfers, not the management, but on a side note, I sure wish any and all golf course management would remind/demand that golfers repair their ball marks and divots, and make each golfer show them a repair tool. My biggest disappointment came with the course layout itself. I imagine that some golfers will find it quite challenging in a good way. I found it to be quite challenging in a bad way. There are too many blind shots for my taste. There are also too many "squirrelly" holes for my taste, with nonsensical layouts or split fairways or hazards in places that make you scratch your head more so than appreciate. And some of the greens are just goofy, especially on the par 3 holes. And it may be that the person who picked the hole locations for the day was in a bad mood, but almost every single pin was just a couple of paces from the fringe in the most challenging part of the green. There's a par 3 that isn't even a half a wedge swing, and the landing area is about the size of a washcloth. Just "squirrelly." And since there aren't any hole drawings at the tee boxes or on the scorecard, you're pretty much on your own to guess how best to play each hole. Consequently, my best drive of the day ended up in a hazard in the middle of the fairway. Also, the pace of the practice putting green seemed significantly slower than the actual greens, which defeats the purpose of having a practice green. I will say that 2 or 3 holes were very nice looking, including #15, for instance, but in my humble opinion, the overall layout isn't as nice as some reviews would suggest. At the end of the day, every golfer wants to walk off #18 feeling like they want to play the course again, and neither of us felt that way. All in all, the friendly staff counts for a lot for this golfer, but for the price we paid, particularly compared to the courses we typically play, I guess I expected more positives.

mountain branch

The course was great, greens rolled true and there were a lot of challenging approach shots. Definitely a course I will be returning to. Thanks for the fun time and challenging course.

Bel Air, Maryland