Type Municipal

Year Built 2008

Walking Allowed No

Playing Multiple Courses 26

Great time!

I played as a single during the morning rush. I played two balls and the pace was fantastic!

Really enjoyed the golf course! I played one from the tips and one from the blues. The golf course is very challenging from both sets of tees. From the tips, the front nine is really long! The green complexes are very challenging as well! The greens were top dressed but that didn't both the roll. It may have slowed them a touch, but they still rolled at a great pace!

Will definitely recommend this track and will play again!

Fun Track & Nice Greens

Ended up coming to the area after being evacuated from Myrtle Beach due to Dorian. I work for the TPC Network so usually avoid courses owned by local cities or counties, but decided to play while staying at the adjacent resort, and was not disappointed.

I was paired with a twosome that was also in the area due to the hurricane. We were the first group off on the River Course and flew through our round. Luckily, the others had played the course before and were able to give me tips and warnings.

The tees and fairways were in great shape, and the greens, while postage stamps, were fast and held their lines very well. The bunkers were hard pan and looked like they hadn’t been raked or spun in a few days or so, but I was only in one bunker so that didn’t really effect me.

This course was in very good shape and is a fun experience for someone out for a good time. The staff were extremely friendly and the beverage carts made their rounds in reasonable amounts of times. I would definitely play this course again, and have already talked to my friends about a golf trip back up to this course.

A job well done to the GCS and their staff!!

Smokey MT Gem

I have played alot of golf in East Tn. This is my 1st time at Sevierville Golf Club. I found the staff to be very kind and attentive. It was sweltering, but the staff did a great job of making sure we had plenty of ice and water. They continued to replenish on course water jugs even late in the day and there were not many golfers on the course. I will look forward to return when it is cooler.

Tennessee Advisor

Overrated ... can't understand why everyone seems to love it...

I've played golf for over 40 years. I've played on some pretty nice courses. This one is not one of them. There are 18 holes, 18 greens, laid out in a very confusing manner. Hole 17 and 18 are the only ones I can really say are nice ones. The others are contrived and forgettable.

The worst part...pace of play. I have played here a few times and it has always had groups upon groups and waits on every hole. This time, I bypassed groups and backtracked playing the holes I missed and finally had a 4 hour round. Every other time, 4:45 plus every time. It seems like the convention crowd are playing a scramble out here every time I play.

My guess is that those who rate this 5-stars are mesmerized by a green fairway and adequately maintained greens comparing this to their dried-out, crusty muni at home. It is not a top course in my opinion.

Looks open but plays tight!!

The course was not busy and was fun to play. Even for this time of year the rough was defined and thick. You need to keep your tee shot in play. It looked like they irritated the greens about 3 weeks ago. But they were putting true. Just remember there are 5 different tees to play from. The Blue tees are longer than average. The Green tees is great for an average golfer.

Fast Greens = Understatement

Wonderful course, wonderful setting. Smokey Mountains continuously in view, super weather, great golf deal. It's no wonder I bit off more than I could chew today. Chose to play the Blue Tees @ approx 6600 yards and should have known better after needing Driver + 3 wood to get to #1 for a round opening par. The rest of the day I was challenged by the deeper than I prefer bermuda rough (which is where I normally spend the majority of my time). Today was different though. I hit 10/14 fairways and fell in love with them. The ball sits up so perfectly in the fairways here. Not sure how they get them so manicured, but Kudos.... Keep it up. The Glass table tops were something else....(I'm talking about the Greens). They were soft and receptive, they rolled so true....but if you missed the hole, they continued to roll and roll and roll. Lightning! Guess they used Rain-X on those glass table tops. I would love to know the Stimp meter reading for the day.... just to say I've done it. Only 3 putted twice, but also missed some short ones because I'm not used to lagging that softly. The ones that went in though gave me a solid feeling of pride and accomplishment. The course was impeccable today.... my game was not. I still loved and enjoyed the round tremendously. I highly recommend this course and establishment. Don't be shy though.... be timid, tee it forward. Give yourself a fair fighting chance. Again, a Shout Out to Sevierville Golf's Maintenance Staff (and Pro who I got to meet). I'll be back!

River course- always nice

Course has great tee boxes, fairways, & superfast greens. Great shape.

Great day

Course was in excellent condition. This was a Hot Deal and a great value. My wife and I played and had an excellent time.

Awesome fairways

Had a 12:15 tee time. Course was moving at a good pace as we hardly waited on any hole. Greens were fast but the fairways were near perfect.

#1 in TN??? No way...

This course has a #1 rating in Tennessee. I can't undstand why. The course is nice maintained but the holes are unusually routed. The hazards are placed to do damage not challenge. The pace of play is slow...a 5 hour 10 minute round a wait on every hole and every shot.

This course is adjacent to the city convention center and two large hotels. I suspect the crowd on my day were there for a convention golf outing with multiple hackers and once-a-year golfers. But this was my second experience here and it was the same before.

Maybe it can be called the #1 convention course for a scramble but not for a pleasant, friendly golf round.

Great test

Played River Course. Great test for all skill levels. Very fair, nice condition and greens.

Fairways are long and wide and in great shape. Challenge is there, but not too difficult for intermediate player. Friendly staff.

Tough but Fair

The course was in good shape and was not easy, but it was a fair course. Take your time and set shots up. Fairways in excellent shape.

Awesome course

Incredible views. Lots of elevation and challenges.
Played Rivers course, was very impressed with entire course conditions

The layout was nice, have a links course vibe to it. Lots of water. This course was wide open and sitting in a valley there was a lot of wind in my face. Very challenging if your not use to these conditions. I lost a lot of golf balls because of this. I struggled badly but I’m sure other people on the course were doing good. This is not for me but who am I to judge. The only way I would play here again is with friends who never have played here and if I can battle the wind on my own.

Very pretty course

We enjoyed the course . Nice layout. The course was in excellent condition. Other than having to stay on the cart path because of it raining overnight.

This is a great course. It is very challenging from the back tees.

Nice Course

The course is in good condition except many of the fairways have recently been aerated. This was not noted during booking. Overall, the course is in good condition.

Excellent Course

Very nice and challenging course. It was fun because you use all the clubs in your bag.

Sevierville, Tennessee