Winchester Golf Club - Willows 9

GPS: No

Location is worth the drive   Challenges include water hazards

"Good times had!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

Me and two other buddies played the Beeson and Willow. I always look forward to playing those courses. I love the fairways and open play. We had a great time! I recently just moved, now I'm only 15 minutes away from this awesome course.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

"Very well taken care of."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Overall very nice course, well taken care of. Friendly staff. Everything clean in club house. Well maintained all around.

"Lots of Positives"

Cameron6354541's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2016

My brother and I booked a $15 hot deal on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Winchester Golf Club! We played The Beason 9 as our front nine and it is obviously the oldest 9 with large, mature trees and an enjoyable layout. We played The Pony 9 as our back nine and it is clearly the newest 9 with a links style feel. The course isn't long, with both nines playing under 3,400 yards but the greens are small so you must hit good shots, even with a wedge in your hand in order to find the putting surface. The Pony 9 has a few tee shots where hazards and fescue are in play but not in view from the tee so checking the scorecard picture for the hole is a good idea. The fairways and greens were in good shape with the greens running roughly 9-10 on the stimpmeter in my estimation. We had an enjoyable day, playing 18 holes is less than 3.5 hours and that included some waiting on the front 9. It was a great value for the money!

"Fun Course."

dale9377210's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2016

Course in Perfect shape and conditions were great also. Started early and play progressed without delay. Great day great staff. Looking forward to my next visit.

"Super golf course and value"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2016

Excellent all around and would highly recommend it for all level of golfers.

"Great course great staff"

dlcrawle's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2016

Always in good condition great food choices and specials very nice and friendly PROS!!!

"Great Course"

Jason7633957's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2015

I have played WCC for many years. The course was in great condition.

"Good course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/27/2014

Nice staff, and good food. We were the first ones out and course was a little soggy in the early morning. One green was almost unplayable it was so soft. Cup was full of water. It was odd because it was on a hill above a pond. You should think the water would go straight to pond. Other than that greens had been punched recently ask they were slow over all.

"Blustery Day"

DONALD5448499's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Was home visiting and played w brother n best friend. Course was in fine shape but played very tough due to very windy conditions. I always try to get a round in here when I get back home, never a dissapointmet.

"Old style golf course"

David9192240's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2014
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Staff was very friendly and courteous. Originally had booked for 18 holes. Due to outing was sent to Pony to get started with the first nine. Pretty wide open which allows some errant shots without too much penalty. Just stay out of the creek that winds its way through the middle. Received phone call and was forced to cut my round short. Would have loved to finish my round on Beeson or Willow due to golf course architect William Diddle. Oh well, maybe next time when I head back home to Indiana!

"Incredible condition"

klanham5576's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2014

We've had a VERY dry summer this year and I was amazed at how great the condition of the course was. The greens were some of the best I've played. Fairways were excellent. Club Pro Eric went out of his way to make my round an enjoyable one. Pony nine is a great links style experience while the Willow nine is a true Tim Liddy course. Great!!

"Great Place To Play"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I come back to Indiana a couple of times a year and always enjoy playing this course. The staff is excellent and the facilities are very nice with a well stocked pro shop.

"Great course"

awillis82's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2014

This golf course is the nicest around, great staff and with 27 holes u can always play

"course review"

balance56's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2014

wet from a lot of rain the night before. But course is in very good shape. Greens were very good. A bit of a drive for me but price makes it worth it.

"Decent Course"

panther150584's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

Overall it was a good time. The course was in pretty good condition. Didn't feel rushed until the last few holes. The staff was great. The food was so-so

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Great Course"

vmoran24's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2014
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Booking the tee time was extremely easy. The course is in very good shape. It was a great day to play golf.

"Friendly"

Bill7519409's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/23/2013

Being from Cincinnati, I am rather spoiled with the amount of super golf courses around the city and over the years I've played just about every public and private course in the area.<br/> This summer, my uncle, who resides in Muncie, Indiana and I have been going back and forth between cities and introducing one another to golf courses in our respective cities. This past trip to Muncie, in which I stayed two days, I was introduced to two very nice golf courses in the area, one of which was Winchester Golf Club. After our first day of golf at The Players Club at Woodland Trails, we again went to the Golf Now website in search of another course to play for the next day I was to be there visiting. While searching the Golf Now site looking for deals, my uncle came across this course in Winchester, Indiana. He stated that living in Muncie for some 25 + years he'd never played at Winchester Golf Club and knew nothing more than he'd heard in that it was nice. There wasn't a deal on tee times there, but for the greens fees listed it still sounded like a bargain. So the next morning we loaded up the ole sticks and headed east to Winchester. On arrival I noticed that for the most part the course was located in a somewhat rural area, but was surrounded by many newer homes as well older farms. When entering the clubhouse we were immediately greeted and welcomed by a gentleman behind the front desk. The gentleman took our name and tee time and got us set up to play, He couldn't have been friendlier and also informative as to which 2 of 3 nines we would be playing and where to go when leaving the clubhouse. We started our round on the Beeson, which was explained to us, that'd been the original nine here at WGC. You could tell by playing this nine that the course was old yet very well maintained. The fairways were nice, but did have a few spots that were browned, but very limited. When hitting into the rough you were able to find your ball easily and hit from as well. The greens were a little slow, but were in great shape and your putt would roll true.<br/> The back nine we turned onto The Willows. The Willows was a slight bit more challenging than the Beeson, and was in just as great of shape. The Willows had more water holes which I discovered a couple of times unfortunately. Some of the water wasn't visible from where you were hitting your shot, but you knew that water was there because of the nines namesake willows that were visible.<br/> There is also a third nine at the WGC, its called the Pony. We didn't have an opportunity to play this nine, but have it slated down to play on my next visit.<br/> All in all my experience at Winchester Golf Club was very enjoyable and the friendliness of the staff just made the experience that much better. The greens fees are a great price and a great value for the experience. I also couldn't believe the price for a large fountain soda was only $1.95 and you got $.50 refills .... what a bargain. Any course in The Cincinnati area you'd pay at least double and pay full price for a refill.<br/> Thank you Winchester Golf Club, I'll most certainly be back soon.