Prairie Links Golf Club
Blue (W) 72 6187 yards 73.0 124
Yellow 72 5278 yards 64.7 103
Yellow (W) 72 5278 yards 70.3 115
Scorecard for Prairie Links Golg & Events Center
Black M: 71.5/126 378 511 411 182 529 470 350 152 364 3347 369 326 515 484 167 526 148 380 352 3267 6614
Blue M: 70.0/119 357 483 383 157 505 437 325 131 341 3119 348 311 486 455 145 498 131 360 334 3068 6187
White M: 67.9/113 W: 72.9/120 330 456 357 136 475 408 304 111 313 2890 322 298 457 425 134 472 122 338 316 2884 5774
Yellow M: 65.6/107 W: 70.1/115 307 430 316 117 437 364 285 94 292 2642 297 280 419 384 114 433 103 316 290 2636 5278
Red W: 67.2/109 278 397 284 99 391 341 256 85 256 2387 273 259 379 350 93 356 81 285 265 2341 4728

Year Built 2000
Greens Bent

Bunker No
Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2018 #7)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Iowa (2018 #1) (2017 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2017 #10)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2017 #22)

excellent experience

wonderful course out in the middle of eastern Iowa...!!
excellent value for the dollar - $36.38 with a cart...!!
would definitely play again and recommend to others...

The fast and furious greens.

A fun layout with challenging blind tee shots , and very fast greens that made it extra difficult. The par 4s are relatively short for the most part, so a low score is attainable, IF you have soft hands on the greens. Getting on is one thing. Putting it in the cup was another. 50/50 on if it was worth the drive. Thanks prairie links!

Iowa Advisor

Nice Course at a Great Price

I've wanted to play Prairie Links for several years, as it's been highly rated on Golf Advisor for a long time. While my overall rating isn't a 5 star rating, I still highly recommend this golf course. Overall, the course is in excellent condition, has several intersting holes, and is very playable for all levels of golfers.

The Good:
Prairie Links is one of the best maintained courses I've seen at such a value rate. We paid $35 for 18 holes with a cart today, but the conditions felt like I'd paid significantly more. While it's been a wet spring, the fairways still had some roll to them, and the greens were true and fast.

The layout is interesting and fair. There is a lot of change in direction from hole to hole, and some elevation change. This kept me engaged and excited to see the next hole. I could see this making for quite the challenge if the wind was blowing.

The carts were all equipped with GPS, which we found to be as accurate as our range finders. In fact, I only used my range finder one time all day. This really improved pace of play.

The Average:
The choice of sand at Prairie Links was an interesting one. There are several bunkers that have a lot of pebbles in them, and some larger sized rocks. It didn't really affect the playability of the bunkers, but could nick up your wedges.

They've also recently reversed the 9s and drastically shortened the new #10. I didn't like the shortened 10th hole. It's basically a long par 3 now, but still has a par of 4. I also think I would have preferred the original routing, as the front 9 is much more challenging than the back 9. In the original routing, I think it would have been nice to build some confidence before facing the more difficult stretch of holes.

The Not So Good:
The range was problematic today. They didn't charge us for balls, but we had to shag our own to get to hit any. We solved this by having me go out and hit wedge shots back to my friends who could then hit full shots. While that was kinda fun, it was frustrating that they didn't have balls for us to hit.

Also, this is a nit, but there wasn't much food available at the turn, and I was hungry. On a Friday, I would expect more food options to be available to golfers making the turn.

Overall, Prairie Links is an excellent golf course and an excellent value. I can see why it's consistently ranked highly. I will definitely play Prairie Links again and I strongly recommend it!

windy but still lots of fun

we had a great time for our first visit to Prairie Links in Waverly. The person running the shop was friendly and helpful...telling us where to go and giving us a few tips about the course....it was nice to take the carts out to our car to load the clubs....the pace of play was amazing...right at 3 hours for 18 holes....the wind ws howling at 30 mph but it was still fun..

Prairie Links

Awesome golf course, well maintained, fast greens. One of my favorite courses to play in Eastern Iowa.

Nice, but slow and terrible bunkers

Sixsomes with kids make for a long day on what could be a decent course. Bunkers are gravel with sand. Mgmt needs to tighten up on large groups and kids slowing pace.

Great round

This was one of the best courses I have ever played , I'm from about 10 mins out of pinehurst nc, we have a lot of great courses NC. This course was in great shape, greens awesome, fairways were beautiful, but tight, the second cut was high, but everything over from that was really really high, probably wouldn't be able to find your ball, i highly recommend this course, I don't do reviews , but had to do this time.

Really enjoyed our day.

Would play this course any time I could. Is an especially nice fall course due to the lack of trees/leaves. Nice people, well-kept course. I am older and play the yellow tees, which make the course very fair distance-wise for me. We also felt that the greens are very fair.

The course is in great shape

Wow! Course is in excellent condition even with all the rain we’ve had the last three weeks.

This course is a fun links course

This course is a gem. Great layout, fun holes with interesting challenges. I’m a single handicapper and with fairly low difficulty, this course gives you plenty of birdie chances. Awesome flat screen GPS in the carts makes for easy yardage decisions. This is one of the top public courses in the Cedar Valley and a must play for anyone looking for a great golf outing.

Excellent course with good options for tees ..Well maintained and very friendly staff.

The course has everything a golfer would want- fairways are lush, ball sets up perfectly and green are fast but fair.

Probably the best course in the area!

Love playing here! Always in great shape and always a nice relaxing round of golf!

Great wet course

Played here on a very wet Monday morning, walked the front 9, rode the back 9. It's a fairly easy course, pretty open, with great greens.

Always Fun

I have played this course pretty regularly over the past few years and I've enjoyed it every time. The greens are perfect - the best in the area - and make the course worth playing. We recently played from the tips for a tournament and it was like playing a different track altogether but in a good way. It has some very difficult holes but the driver is never taken out of your hands.

My only criticism of the Prairie Links is the personnel in the clubhouse. The guys who work regularly do not seem to enjoy being there at all. If they would hire someone who had personality and acted like they work at a golf course this place would be killing it. The reason I quit my membership to a country club was because of the atmosphere and this feels like a place that would prefer to be a country club.

Valid dates: Jul 11, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Stay and play our course, awarded Four Star “Best Places to Play” and Top 50 Service Facility by Golf Digest.