Warrior Run Golf Course

Handicap 1 2 6 7 4 8 9 5 3
Par 5 3 4 4 4 5 4 4 3 36 36

Year Built 2000
Fairways Bluegrass

Golf School Academy Yes - "Burke Golf Academy"

I feel the course is in rough shape for the price paid.

Monday fun day

Fun course great course for just relaxing and working on your game.not long though but still lots of fun .

Rough shape. Very slow pace of play. No rangers.

Early in the year, so have to allow for that. But course was in rough shape and very dry. Super slow pace. No rangers to move slow players along or have then let faster (normal) pace players through. Could be a lot nicer with better grounds keeping and water. Nice size greens. Super friendly staff person in clubhouse.

She's a little dry

Course is pretty challenging. Good layout big difference from tee box colors, I like this course because I can actually use my driver. I've played this course a few times and it's been very dry every time.

Short course, quick play

From the white tees nearly every par 4 is drivable and both 5's reachable. The course is pretty well maintained, can be played very quickly, and has a great indoor bar area.

Great

This place is awesome. Easy to get to. The staff is very nice and efficient. The price is right and the course is challenging and in great shape!

Nice hidden course

I didn't know this course existed. We got the GN deal for $5 for 9 holes. With fees it became just under $10 and we played the 9 again for $10 paid at the course. It had some water and woods where one may place any balls that did not want to follow the pattern of the course which made it a fun challenging morning and afternoon. I would play there again. Staff was very friendly!

BTW... I don't play once a week, but more than once a month.

First time playing the course and could not be more satisfied. Greens and fairways were in wonderful condition, pace of play was great, and the cost was not too expensive. Would recommend this course to anyone and will definitely be back!

Plays Twice a year

Perfect day

First time I have ever played this course. a lot of water hazards but nice lay out. The only complain was that the guy in the club house tried to charge me extra for a cart when it was included. I would play this course again!

9 hole course

Great 9 hole course to get your practice in before the season really gets here. Pretty open, great for beginners. Recommend to anyone who is just starting out, or just wants to throw 12 bucks for 9 holes.

Iowa Advisor

Fun 9 hole course with lots of water.

Let me start out by saying that I was truly impressed with the layout and course condition at Warrior Run. I had played this course when it was 18 holes as Country Side a few years ago, and since the new owner took over, and even though it’s now only 9 holes, the course was in great shape and lots of fun.

Our annual mantrip brought us to Warrior Run. We checked in, which was a bit slow, but we were able to get our beer and get to the number 1 tee box in good time. We tee’d off on number 1, which was a dogleg right par 5 and not an easy way to start the round. After your tee shot around the dogleg, you are immediately met with powerlines running between number 1, 2 and 3. At first I thought this was going to be a bit of annoyance, but actually found it kind of cool as it never was an issue.

As we continued our round I noticed the fairways were average width and pretty well kept. Bunkers at Warrior Run were also well maintained and had staff working on the bunkers as it they had received a fair amount of rain the night before. It was nice to see staff working hard taking pride in their work. There was also a good amount of water/ponds on the course that came in to play often and added to the beauty of the course.

My favorite hole at Warrior Run was the finishing hole number 9. This day it was playing as a 160 yard par 3 over water with a bail out on the right side, and a tempting left center pin location. If attacking the pin, knowing your yardage is key to making birdie, which I did, if I wouldn’t have hit my first shot in the drink.

Between rounds we stopped into the clubhouse for a snacks and beer. The clubhouse at Warrior Run is modern with a good selection of food ranging from burgers, brats and dogs. They also have cold beer, a must for any mantrip.

Last but not least, I must mention that Warrior Run offers Foot Golf. While playing we did not run in to any foot golfers, but did notice the tee boxes and holes along the rough, outside the fairway. The way Foot Golf was setup at Warrior Run, I do not see how these players would get in the way of your round. We spoke to staff at Warrior Run who stated the extra business is really helping the course and there have been no complaints from the golfers.

Great job Warrior Run, can’t wait to get back and play again!

First time

Course is nicely laid out and is changeling to both experienced and st as rter golfers.The staff was friendly and very helpful. Can't wait to get a chance to play there again.

Norwalk, Iowa

Valid dates: Nov 16, 2018 - Apr 30, 2019
Enjoy an overnight resort stay, soaking in our Mineral Therapy Pool, and two 18-hole rounds of golf with a cart, starting at only $239 + tax.