Coldwater Golf Links

Green (W) 71 5057 yards 69.1 109
Scorecard for Coldwater
Black M: 72.6/126 323 460 534 395 186 449 528 139 390 3404 424 163 350 429 505 453 191 415 453 3383 6787
Blue M: 70.8/123 W: 77.5/137 307 425 510 371 185 418 505 139 371 3231 396 147 328 413 476 417 170 395 433 3175 6406
White M: 68.6/116 W: 74.6/131 290 397 472 341 161 399 482 121 341 3004 363 131 294 396 445 381 153 376 409 2948 5952
Red W: 69.7/118 238 317 402 287 131 338 432 100 316 2561 306 108 258 309 372 321 136 320 366 2496 5057

Year Built 2003
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Golf Season Seasonal
Architect Tripp Davis (2003)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Collared and Sleeved Shirts. Hemmed Pants, Shorts or Skirts.

Always enjoyable

I was in college at Iowa State when this course opened and have played it about 10 times over the years. I have never left disappointed. While the course isn't overly hard, if you are spraying the ball you will be in for a long day. Greens are good size with decent speed and slope.

The staff has always been friendly.

Fun, playable course with just enough challenge

Played this course on a Monday morning with my wife. I was honestly stunned at how few people were playing. I realize it was a Monday, but the weather was absolutely perfect. I thought we'd run into more people, but we easily finished in just over 3 hours. The course was fun ... lots of nice views and intriguing holes. It was also enough of a challenge to be interesting, although nowhere near the kind of test you'll find at a course like The Harvester. You can score here. The course was in absolutely beautiful condition. Tee boxes were perfect, fairways had a nice amount of roll without being ridiculous, and the greens were simply immaculate. Rolled a nice pace, about 9 on the stimp, and exceptionally true. Very enjoyable to putt, and received balls well without being too soft. The multiple sets of tee boxes (5 total) make it easy for you to match your game to the course. My only complaint is with the food. We asked for a chicken salad sandwich at the turn, but the bread was frozen. So we went to a pre-made ham sandwich, and it had a little mold on the bread. Not appetizing. My rating dropped from a 5-star to a 4-star as a result. Overall, a nice place, with good pace of play and excellent playability. Would definitely recommend.

Love the greens

Fairly easy course if there is no wind. Turns into a beast when it starts blowing more than 10mph. They definitely take pride in their greens for they roll fast and true.

Great for Gameday!

An awesome location for a round before college football gameday - great views of the stadium and tailgaters while enjoying an excellent golf course. Great value - hope to play again soon.

Fun nice place.

I would play here again and it wse in good condtion

This course lived up to its name.

We enjoyed our round and the challenges this course provides. A straight ball is necessary to be successful. It was in good shape. The staff was very friendly.

coldwater golf

We had a great time. Fun and challenging course, you better hit it straight. We'll be back.

Very Challenging

I played here for the first time. I had a great time, the course is in amazing conditions and the greens are very quick. The water comes in to play on many holes. I found myself only playing my driver on maybe 4-5 holes. The tall grass can get you just as easy as the water can. I played white tees first round and blues second round. I would recommend playing your 3/5 wood off most par 5s. They look long but play short.

Beautiful and Challenging

Great layout. Very scenic with fast, true greens. Course was in tournament shape. Nicer than many private clubs. Do not play the black tees unless you are close to scratch. I am an 8 and hit it long however long carries and accuracy are a must from the tips. Should have stuck to the blue tees. My ego is bruised but will definitely play more rounds here.

Nice and fast greens.

It would be nice if they would mow more of the waist high grass. Widen the cut rough or eliminate all together. It would still be a links golf course. I had difficulty finding balls that landed on the fringe several times since the greens are elevated. It is very difficult to find your ball without trees as helpful landmarks. I would mow it all like St. Andrews or get some goats. I think coldwater could double their profits if they did. The speed of the greens were fantastic; the fastest I played this week in area. I would only recommend the course to very low handicap players or hackers because this course is not setup for the average player 12-30 handicap with all of that long grass. Pace of play was fine until we ran into a five some. I am not sure why fivesomes are allowed or at least cognizant of their slower play than all other groups. The wind is a nice component to the course. Fairways, tees, and greens were great.

Good course

Nice course! Challenging holes with a nice layout. One downside is the carts do not have gps and the distance is not easily found on the fairway. Other than that it was a great place to play with a fantastic pace of play

Great course for spring

Had a great round on Easter Sunday and the conditions were perfect.

challenging and fun

Great value. The course was in great condition for this early in the year.

Beautiful course and well maintained.

Great Links style course with plush fareways, ornamental grasses and wetlands. Greens fast and in great shape. Must keep ball in play. Great course for Golfnow.com and price was right.