Broadlands Golf Course

Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Broadlands Golf Course is an 18-hole, public course located in the city of Broomfield. It is one of many courses in Colorado designed by Richard Phelps. The golf course opened in 1999 and offers 7,263 yards of golf with a par of 72. It has a prairie like landscape with lakes forming water hazards that come into play on eleven holes. The greens are undulating and large and the rolling fairways are wide. One particularly challenging hole to note is Broadlands Golf Course's 15th, which is a lengthy par-5 covering 559 yards that requires a shot over water to reach the well-protected green.

"Great,challenging course"

hoser222's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2017

Nice course in great shape, a lot of bunkers and hazards to deal with on your round.

"Great Course"

dong303's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2017

Can't wait to play it again. They were just starting to aerate the fairways and had three of them done. Even with that being said we had a great time playing the course and will definitely play it again.

"Always pleasant"

Kcsprads's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

Broadlands might be a little pricey at normal price but when you can play course on a hot deal or at a reduced rate it's a great course for the money. I have played there 5-6 times and it's a tough little course but fun also. Have shot mid 80s and 100 on same course. Getting off the tee is key.

Course was.in good shape, backed up a little but it was a beautiful day and understood.

Good job again Broadlands.

"cut the greens"

jay1666's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

the only problem with this course is that they need to cut the greens I had to pound the ball the get it to the hole

"Good"

mdeleon13's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2016

Nice course, slow pace of play is my only frustration. The group in front of us wouldn't tee off till the other group was off the green 500 yards away. I wish there had been a Marshall to speed them up. Overall a fun day

"Beautiful round"

Ellis3772642's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2016

I love it when I have a chance to get out here to play. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The layout of the course is challenging and the greens are always rolling true. I try to play a lot of different courses during the season and always make sure that I get in at least 2-3 rounds here. Today was great because as a foursome we played our round in less than 4 hours and I didn't lose a ball. Highly recommend this course. Hit from the right tees and you'll really enjoy yourself. Remember, just because your a long hitter, doesn't always mean you have to play from the back tees. Enjoy your round.

"Great course even better staff"

Shaun8765980's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2016

The layout of the course is good and the conditions are great. My biggest compliment goes to the staff. The ranger (on a Thursday) was on top of a 4some who was 2 groups ahead of us and 35 minutes behind the group in front of them. It was so bad there were 8 carts either playing or waiting behind them on one hole. He pushed them and kept in touch with us so we didn't get to upset over the pace.

"Great Value for a good course"

Ozzy1970's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2016

First off, any complaints are due to the high traffic this course receives probably because it's a good course in a central location. But people, please, fix your ball marks!!! If you don't know what one is, hit the green from anything outside of 30 yrds and check where your ball landed. Repair mark left by ball. Repeat!! Staff was great. The woman who checks you in has the patience of a saint and will get you settled with a smile on your face. Pace is good but I wonder once again if players out here know to let others through? Marshall got it settled and I had a good round. Thank you Broadlands...will be back soon.

"Great views and great course"

Cory1770700's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2016

I like Broadlands good course, plenty of tees to chose from, good greens..the only issue is there's a lot of bunkers on course but no practice bunker to warm up in??? Looks like they had one but took it out cause it faces the adjacent houses so I'm assuming when people would practice in it they hit the houses..

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2016

The fairways are broad! ;-) The greens are challenging and in great shape. They keep the slow golfers moving... the cart girl came by at least 5 times during the round... no complaints!

"Good value thru GolfNow"

tmorgan62's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Nick track; conditions much better than several years ago. Greens not as fast as they appear.

"Lots of fun!"

Gary2632901's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2016

After driving by several times I decided to give it a go. This is a fun course with plenty of challenges. The greens were in good shape and pace of play is as good as can be expected. Give it a shot!

"Fine Course But Boring"

Bunkertown20's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2016

The Broadlands is a fine golf course that is maintained well it's just flat, open, and boring. I certainly would not avoid it but will never go out of my way to play it again.

"Nice course"

Eric9383594's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2016

Played this course for the first time. It has a nice layout. Pretty generous landing areas if you are hitting it straight. My only criticism is the food. I had the chicken sandwich. Every other bite was full of gristle. I threw half of it away because I couldn't stomach the rest. Other than that, I would play it again. The gps in the carts was nice!

Commented on 02/10/2017

I moved on this course 13 years ago. Thought I would get tired playing it. I'm a 10 and it still kicks my butt!! Great layout. Stay out of the native. It's like playing in Scotland. Deep and nasty.

"Fun course with good rythm"

54Mike's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I am not a big fan of courses that are laid out in residential developments. In too many cases the houses are stacked right on top of the course. This course is well laid out and there is plenty of room before you get to the homes. That said I did manage a big slice that narrowly missed a house.

The overall layout of the course was very nice and the bunkering and water is well placed to allow risk/reward shots.

First time players should be sure to check green location on their second shot. It is reachable from the left side of the fairway if you know the angle.

"Very Playable"

wengleby's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2016
First time playing Used cart Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This course is very nice in two ways. It is not stacked on top of itself like many public courses. It has good length, properly placed bunkers to make tee shots a little more interesting. Water, native and trees also come into play. It was challenging enough with fairly true rolling (although really slow) greens and overall good conditions.

I would play this course again.

"Repeatable Course"

Shark11SJ's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

We have played this course a couple/few times a year for the last several years. Have always enjoyed it, and will continue to visit.

Cost is reasonable, with discounts for Seniors , Residents, etc.

Course has always been in good shape, including the practice areas.

Average difficulty for the course - you can lose a few balls, but very playable, even for beginners.

The Driving Range could be expanded, as it may be a problem finding a spot when things get busy.

Good putting area, and a separate chipping area.

"Used to be one of my favorites"

Bmctevia's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2016

Like the title says , but it's changed. I've always liked the layout good mix of holes and challenges. Maybe I picked the wrong day but at 3:00 in the afternoon the fairways were soaking wet , way over watered.

My biggest complaint is the greens , they used to be nice and now they might have been rolling a solid 7 on the stimp. Compound that with a million ball marks the greens sucked

I hate it when people don't fix their own ball marks and apparently the regulars here don't care.

Like I said used to love the track

"Broadlands on a Sunday afternoon"

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2016

After a late start the pace was not to bad. The course was busy but we only had to wait a min or two at most tee boxes. Course conditions were good and we were paired up with a single player of about the same age and had a fun round.

"I love this place"

Joshuaplaysgolf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This is my new home course this year, and I love this place. The staff is super friendly, and after introducing myself to most of them they all remember your name and genuinely ask you how you are doing and joke around with you. Granted, part of this is probably because I am here literally every day, but it's extremely important to me. The other people who practice/play here regularly are also all very nice and friendly. They will talk with you, and after playing several rounds with random people, I have yet to get paired up with someone that was a chore to play with.

The chipping green is amazing, one of the best in the Denver area. It's huge, with three different flags that they regularly rotate, and tons of hills, elevation changes, and grass cuts around it. The driving range is ALWAYS off grass. They don't even have mats. There is also a fairway bunker at the end of the range to practice out of, which is a rarity. The course is in decent condition, and is a really intriguing layout. Not overly long (7,200 from the tips), but well placed bunkers and hazards make you have to hit your spots. Most of the holes have some sort of risk/reward shot, making you think about, and sometimes second guess, what your doing. If your a long hitter, every once in a while it's fun to move up to the golds and just bomb it over everything.

I think there is entirely too much sand in all the bunkers. If you get in one of them, you better not let the leading edge dig or your in trouble. Some of the patrons are complete jerks...most people will hit, literally, 50-100 balls onto the chipping green at a time. This makes it unusable by anyone else. It makes no sense what so ever. Hitting into a pile of balls doesn't help you. The point is to see how the ball rolls/reacts, and control the ball. This is golf, not billiards. Whats more, is very few people clean their balls up, and when I have politely asked 'could you please clean up those balls?' I have had several people yell or curse at me, and/or just stare blankly and walk away. It's really rude, and I don't get this mentality.

Overall it's a really great place, just be prepared to laugh off any clowns that want you to pick up after them.