Oak Creek Golf Club

Green 72 6204 yards
White 72 5875 yards
Red 72 5130 yards
Scorecard for Oak Creek Golf Club
Gold M: 73.5/126 376 416 465 429 577 222 529 190 323 3527 459 212 592 196 625 145 380 565 410 3584 7111
Blue M: 70.7/122 315 402 442 404 542 192 507 157 287 3248 400 165 565 163 585 135 348 532 369 3262 6510
Green M: 69.3/118 315 402 409 312 542 192 463 157 287 3079 364 165 528 163 545 135 348 508 369 3125 6204
White M: 67.8/113 286 344 409 312 509 168 463 125 266 2882 364 140 528 151 545 101 317 508 339 2993 5875
Red M: 64.4/106 W: 69.9/120 258 294 340 280 428 159 400 117 225 2501 336 115 460 136 502 92 288 410 290 2629 5130

Year Built 2007

Bunker No
Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Great Layout!

2nd time playing Oak Creek in the last few years. The 1st time, they had just re-opened and the course was still coming in to a finished product.

This time, I was blown away. The conditions were a 9 out of 10 with very very few things to nitpick. A very fun layout with a couple of friendly holes to start to the round which increase in difficulty throughout. You won't play at a crazy fast pace here mostly because how far apart some of the holes are. It's built around a very nice residential neighborhood but the houses never come into play and most are blocked by trees.

Greens were in excellent shape and even the ones that weren't pristine rolled very true. The fairways were all in very good shape and you were rewarded for hitting a drive down the middle. Tee boxes were clean and well kept as well.

I'd actually recommend Oak Creek over Lake Presidential which is right up the street. Better conditions, friendlier staff and a much more enjoyable round in my opinion. Can't wait to go back!

Haven't played this course for a while, and was extremely surprised by the conditions. Fairways were in excellent shape, ball sat up beautifully. Hats off to Oak Creek for bringing the course all the way back.

Excellent day

Friendly staff. Great price. Excellent pace of play.

Nice, but slow.

Course was in good condition, although the tee boxes were a bit spongy, making it hard to assess the proper tee level for drives. Staff and marshall were great and kept informing us that pace was on target. However, it was cart-path only, which added about 45 minutes to the round ... it took us 5 hours to complete. Also, the holes are extraordinarily far from each other and even with a cart, it took several minutes to reach the next tees. Used my driver consistently, but this is a shot makers course, so bring your accuracy. Shot a 79 for the round.

Nice Course Layout!

I enjoyed the course a lot. The starter and Pro Shop staff were pleasant and efficient.

Beautiful Layout

Oak Creek is a beautiful course with an excellent layout. Even though the course is in housing development, you never really get feeling once you are on the course. Honestly, if i weren't so cheap, i'd play the course every day, and I hate playing the same courses over and over.

Update to Previous Review...

I played Oak Creek at the end of May and it was horrible...course conditions and pace of play (3.5 hours for 9 holes). I asked and received a "rain check," which I used today. First of all, they have really worked on getting this course back in shape...it's 120% better than in May. And, they are allowing riding on every hole, which makes it much more playable as it's a tough course for cart path only. We played on a Saturday morning in 5 hours (and the standard time is 4 hrs. 45 mins. due to distance between holes and having to go through some security gates). Great job to the Super and the maintenance crew--I didn't think you'd get it back together so quickly.

Tar would flow faster.

If we had continued playing it would have taken over 6 hours to complete the 18 holes... enough said

Worst golf experience ever

Having never played at Oak Creek, a friend encouraged me to try it. I can honestly say it was the worst golf experience of my life. I started off with a birdie on the 1st hole & was exxited to continue to play but immediately we found ourselves waiting to tee off on hole 2. The pace of play was beyond painful. After we finished only 4 holes in an hour and a half. The 4some behind us eventually left after 9 holes took 3 hours. Although we contacted the Marshall and complained about the incredibly slow pace, he did nothing to help improve the situation and we were left waiting & waiting. We finally gave up at hole 12 as nothing was improving and the pace of play became 25 minutes per hole.

Although the course was in good condition, I will never ever return to this course. There are too many other courses that not only have good conditions but work to make sure the pace of play is quick and where the attitude of the staff cares for the paying guests. Only the cart girl had a concerned attitude but she was powerless.

If you want a good golf experience, stay away from Oak Creek.

Course Still Under Repair

Course is still under repair.. Some of the fairways are unplayable still after the course did some major work to fix the burnt out fairways from earlier this Summer.. Nice course layout..

I think the green fees should be adjusted until the course is back in top quality shape.. As a group playing balls in the fairway we shouldn't have to discuss unplayable balls due to repair or damage..

It's back

If you are local you know this course had difficultly with the cold winter and lost some fairways. They have been up front about it and keeping you up to date. I played it for the first time this year and it was in great shape. Going back in 3 days.

Please people fix your divots. I think I fixed 2 on every green that were not mine.

Course remains a great option! - Do not listen to bad reviews!

I played on 7/20, and have played here 5 times. I was skeptical of playing here, because of the bad reviews in the last couple of months. The guy in the pro shop addressed these bad reviews without me prompting him. He was honest and said the hot temperatures caused the course to get away from them for a couple of months, and that it was “95%” recovered. This course was in GREAT shape, and I recommend it to anyone considering playing here. The course had great coverage and the greens rolled smooth. The fairway of hole 5 was a little wet, but otherwise I have no complaints and will definitely be back.

the condition of this course is bad

I have played at Oak Creek many times and always enjoyed the course; nice, challenging layout and helpful staff. The course when I played on 6/18 was borderline disaster; virtually every hole had large parts of the fairway in dirt. And more frustrating is that Golf now provided no information when booking about the horrendous conditions - a major failing as Golf now ought to know what the course is like when offering their green fees and ought to have known that these conditions resulted in cart path only - despite 95 degree heat. Shame on the course and its way too high green fees for the terrible condition and shame on golf now. Won't be back for a long ti[me.

Ruined... stay away until it rebounds

Forewarned is forearmed. The warning about the fairway damage from the cold winter isn’t enough. Despite the 2 for 1 coupon offered, it is not enough to warrant charging full rack rate. The course was unplayable. What a shame. I truly enjoy this course, but won’t return until I see that the course has rebounded.

Adding insult to injury, when I purchased a six pax of beer it was served without ice?? Later when I asked for some food — since course does not return to clubhouse — I was told by beverage cart that if I called the clubhouse they would bring out food to me. Called clubhouse and told me they were only serving brunch until 3:30.

Lastly slow play is understandable, but a 6 hour round is not. When seniors who hit under 200 yards are playing from the blues it doesn’t help. Not a ranger in sight.

Smoke and Mirrors.

Upon arrival, I paid my green fees and proceeded to my cart and was securing bag when an unknown man stated " you do know it's cart path only)? I replied, no and I should have been advised prior paying my green fees.

Although this gentleman offered to return my fees, another golfer stated, no one told me either.

I decided to play since I'm here from Myrtle Beach S.C. visiting family.

What I didn't know was that the course was in such deplorable condition. Many of the fairways were grassless, mudfilled and they had the water system on a course that was clearly saturated.

Upon completion of play, the aforementioned gentleman offered a 2 for 1 coupon which Must be redeemed by August 2018.

This coupon has as much value as my playing experience provided enjoyment.

I'm very disappointed and dissatisfied.

Even with the work being done, still a great value

The starter allowed us to move ahead of our tee time (twosome) which followed a tournament that was just ending. This guaranteed a "Fast Round" !!!!!

Wow! Gone Downhill...

I love the layout and variety of this course, however I was completely surprised by the condition of the course. So, let's go with the Pros first: friendly and welcoming staff, the beverage girl was extremely pleasant and attentive, and the facilities are nice. However, the Cons far outweigh the Pros: pace of play was awful--3 hrs 15 mins to play nine; the course conditions were horrendous (the pictures attached are of the #7 par 5 fairway); there were broken sprinklers spouting water at different places on the front; and there was very little marshaling on the course, which was needed given the outing and the extremely slow pace. If they are going to put out an outing on a Saturday morning, they need to either close the course, keep about an hour afterwards before public play tees off, or send groups off the opposite nine. Unfortunately, this course is not managed well to ensure all customers have a good experience--it seems it's all about money! It's really sad, because this course is really a nice tract and is fun to play. I won't go back any time soon...even with the 2-for-1 tickets they gave out.

Course damaged now

Currently course is in terrible shape. Greens were very good but fairways, tee boxes, and rough were not very well maintained. Use to be one of my favorite course

Upper Marlboro, Maryland