A sunny day view of a hole at Richland Golf Club.

Formerly known as Hollow Creek Golf Club At Glenbrook.

Richland Golf Club

Year Built 2002
Architect Rick Jacobson (2002)

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code No blue jeans, t-shirts. All golfers must wear a collared shirt or mock turtleneck.

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Entertaining Clients 7

Excellent Experience

The course is in great shape, in spite of Heavy use. We enjoyed the round!

No reason to have to wait 30 minutes after tee time to get a golf cart because of shortage

Above Average Course

I've seen this place go up and down over the years, currently it is in pretty nice shape, the greens currently have a few scars on them from the heat, but the fairways and tee boxes are in nice condition. It is a residential course, very narrow in places, but lots of variety to make it fun. Customer service is usually very good here, but on this day the starter was on the phone ignoring everyone for like 20 minutes, (which is out of character). They also seem to resist working in singles compared to other courses (which is why I seldom play here, because they act like it is a hassle. so I play other courses that are single-friendly). It's priced appropriately, not as nice as the top tier courses in this area, but a step up from the muni tracks, a solid medium.

Richland was in great shape. The greens were perfect running about 11 on the meter. The tees, fairways, and even the rough were in perfect condition. It is worth every penny! The layout is challenging but fair. If you get the chance, play this course, you won’t regret it.

A veteran golfer for over 40 years reading this course.

Course be in very good condition all around. The fairways are in excellent shape as were the roofs. Approaches and fringe areas were very well known. Grass was in good health and greens were true and quick. Greens Viber did look a little brown in some areas. The only thing On the negative side would be the condition of the Bunkers. The bunkers have literally no sand in them so you cannot get under the ball. I do not hold us accountable to this course only as I am leaving Bull run, Pohick, and several others in this area to find the same thing. Do not expect to find fluffy sand in a bunker in this region. I don’t understand why as we have not been inundated with rain but possibly there has been some minor flooding for the taking the Zando? I just don’t know. So, I would have a bully play this course again understaffing of course in great shape and had a really good time even with the pace of slow was extremely long.

Enjoyed my visit

Pace of play was a little slow for a 7:00am tee time but the layout has some pretty interesting holes and over all the course was pretty well Maintained. The greens could use a little love but the fairways and tee boxes were nice. Staff was friendly. Do wish the grill opened before 11:00. Would have like to grab some breakfast at the turn.

Great Value!

For $28, the course was great! Especially for being closed for 7 weeks. Always a good value at this course.

Great track

all is well at richland, traps need work. Staff and amenities are fabulous!

Promising layout

Have played this course multiple times. Course conditions are such that play can be problematic. Workers infringe upon play, and bunkers are in abominable condition.

Maryland Advisor

Annual Trip to Richland

It takes us 1 hr. 15 mins. to get to Richland, but we've always enjoyed the course. The good news is the course was in pretty good shape given all the extensive heat the last two weeks. Clearly, it had been watered and was fairly lush (fairways and rough). The bunkers had some sidewall erosion, but there was plenty of depth of sand, so I found them reasonable to play from. The greens were rolling true and average speed, but there were a lot of unfixed ball marks. (Not the course's fault, but rather the golfers'.) The cart paths are showing wear with a lot of potholes, broken edges, and cracks/tree roots--it was quite a bumpy ride around the course. The staff was very friendly, and responsive to feedback. The one thing that is a pet peeve for me was the pace of play. On the scorecard it states: "Pace of play is vital to everyone in having an enjoyable experience. A 4-hour round or less is expected from all players." Well, our round was 5 hrs...and it didn't need to be. I watched the foursome in front of us and never saw anyone in front of them on holes #7, #8 or #9. On the turn, I asked for a marshal to go check it out. He did, and stopped to see me on #10 tee box. He said there were groups staggered where they were suppose to be; however, when we arrived at the #13 tee box, the group in front of us was just driving up to their tee shots and THERE WAS NO GROUP ON #14! How could groups be staggered like they were suppose to be with 1.5 holes open! We never saw another group in front of the foursome in front of us EVER on the back. If you publish a 4-hour round, marshals should monitor to ensure a pace that coincides with that published time. These guys were simply slow, and I play enough golf and monitor enough tournaments to know the group was not keeping up with those in front of them. We had two groups stacked up behind us because of them. I like the layout at Richland, but I won't be going back for a while. I'd prefer to pay more for courses which manage a better pace of play.

Richland 08/12/2018

Good conditions, great staff... great value for 60 bucks on a weekend in Maryland

Wished for more

From tee to green usually good. The issues come with subpar bunkers, and for early morning Player’s, sometimes not being able to find your ball in the first cut due to clumped grass clippings.

Response from on 09/13/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Richland Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Middletown area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fun Track

First time since it changed hands....still challenging; needs some work on the sand traps and greens aren't as fast as I remember. Overall really fun and will be back. Also check out the 19th hole, great food.

Great course and prices.

Had a 7:30 am tee time on a Saturday morning. Staff was friendly , grass range, nice putting green. The course was in excellent condition and for a golf course in a community the layout was great . Houses were not in play. Finished the round in 4 hours 20 minutes which isn’t bad for the weekend. Greens rolled true and at a good pace. Paid the going rate of 59 bucks and it was well worth it. I have paid more many times and the courses were not even close to this one. I am from the ashburn area and it took me 45 minutes to get there. Well worth the drive.

Diminishing Returns

We only lasted 8 holes on this day, due to a pace-of-play of 2 hrs/38 mins, for those 8 holes. Tried to play through at the turn, and in fact asked that day's pro shop staff , if any body had turned lately, and they had no idea? They then proceeded to send groups off the back to pigeon-hold us in. No players assistant, course in substandard condition, and deplorable pace. It is unfortunate, in that the layout is interesting.

Response from on 05/29/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Richland Golf Club, in the Middletown, MD area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the Course Conditions so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Afternoon in the sun

Course played difficult with bumpy greens that rolled fast.

Request A Vacation Quote From Fore Myrtle Beach
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Fore Myrtle Beach will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Middletown, Maryland
Walkersville, Maryland
Ijamsville, Maryland
Ijamsville, Maryland

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.