Year Built 2002
Greens Bent
Architect Rick Jacobson (2002)

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code No blue jeans, t-shirts. All golfers must wear a collared shirt or mock turtleneck.

Entertaining Clients 7

Promising layout

Have played this course multiple times. Course conditions are such that play can be problematic. Workers infringe upon play, and bunkers are in abominable condition.

Annual Trip to Richland

It takes us 1 hr. 15 mins. to get to Richland, but we've always enjoyed the course. The good news is the course was in pretty good shape given all the extensive heat the last two weeks. Clearly, it had been watered and was fairly lush (fairways and rough). The bunkers had some sidewall erosion, but there was plenty of depth of sand, so I found them reasonable to play from. The greens were rolling true and average speed, but there were a lot of unfixed ball marks. (Not the course's fault, but rather the golfers'.) The cart paths are showing wear with a lot of potholes, broken edges, and cracks/tree roots--it was quite a bumpy ride around the course. The staff was very friendly, and responsive to feedback. The one thing that is a pet peeve for me was the pace of play. On the scorecard it states: "Pace of play is vital to everyone in having an enjoyable experience. A 4-hour round or less is expected from all players." Well, our round was 5 hrs...and it didn't need to be. I watched the foursome in front of us and never saw anyone in front of them on holes #7, #8 or #9. On the turn, I asked for a marshal to go check it out. He did, and stopped to see me on #10 tee box. He said there were groups staggered where they were suppose to be; however, when we arrived at the #13 tee box, the group in front of us was just driving up to their tee shots and THERE WAS NO GROUP ON #14! How could groups be staggered like they were suppose to be with 1.5 holes open! We never saw another group in front of the foursome in front of us EVER on the back. If you publish a 4-hour round, marshals should monitor to ensure a pace that coincides with that published time. These guys were simply slow, and I play enough golf and monitor enough tournaments to know the group was not keeping up with those in front of them. We had two groups stacked up behind us because of them. I like the layout at Richland, but I won't be going back for a while. I'd prefer to pay more for courses which manage a better pace of play.

Richland 08/12/2018

Good conditions, great staff... great value for 60 bucks on a weekend in Maryland

Wished for more

From tee to green usually good. The issues come with subpar bunkers, and for early morning Player’s, sometimes not being able to find your ball in the first cut due to clumped grass clippings.

Response from on 09/13/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Richland Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Middletown area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fun Track

First time since it changed hands....still challenging; needs some work on the sand traps and greens aren't as fast as I remember. Overall really fun and will be back. Also check out the 19th hole, great food.

Great course and prices.

Had a 7:30 am tee time on a Saturday morning. Staff was friendly , grass range, nice putting green. The course was in excellent condition and for a golf course in a community the layout was great . Houses were not in play. Finished the round in 4 hours 20 minutes which isn’t bad for the weekend. Greens rolled true and at a good pace. Paid the going rate of 59 bucks and it was well worth it. I have paid more many times and the courses were not even close to this one. I am from the ashburn area and it took me 45 minutes to get there. Well worth the drive.

Diminishing Returns

We only lasted 8 holes on this day, due to a pace-of-play of 2 hrs/38 mins, for those 8 holes. Tried to play through at the turn, and in fact asked that day's pro shop staff , if any body had turned lately, and they had no idea? They then proceeded to send groups off the back to pigeon-hold us in. No players assistant, course in substandard condition, and deplorable pace. It is unfortunate, in that the layout is interesting.

Response from on 05/29/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Richland Golf Club, in the Middletown, MD area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the Course Conditions so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Afternoon in the sun

Course played difficult with bumpy greens that rolled fast.

Response from on 04/27/2018:
Hello, on behalf of the Richland Golf Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Green is so slow

It was the most slowest green I've ever played.
They should have cut the grass for the weekend golfer even if it was Easter Sunday.

Response from on 04/09/2018:
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us, Richland Golf Club in the Middletown area, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you received a friendly experience with our staff and had a fun time on the course. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Snowing and windy!

No one on the course played in under 3 hours and it was snowing sideways for two holes.

Surprised

First nine no problem! First hole on second nine was hit into by a single? I was standing in fairway to hit my second and wham in coming and no warning? Some people have no clue.

Good course in Frederick.

First time playing this course; buddy and I booked our rounds when we thought it would be in the 50s this weekend, but the weather forecast got progressively worse as the week went on. Still, we carried on. Temp at tee time (11:00 am) was a balmy 30 degrees with a stiff 20 mph breeze. This will not be a fair assessment of the course, as the fairways were very wet from the rain the day before (70 degrees just 24 hours before our round!). From what I could tell, the fairways are kept in good shape, greens still rolled pretty true, and had some slope changes to them that I think would make them play really challenging in the Spring/Summer. I'll definitely be back to play this course in the Summer so I can get a true taste of the course. Got a good deal on GolfNow, and only paid $14 so not too disappointed. Looks like they have a grass range that is open in the Spring/Summer, and that's always a plus!! Course had some forced carries on some second shots like the 9th and 17th holes, and those really emphasize hitting it in the fairway. Like I said before, I'll be back in the Summer to give this course a true assessment. Otherwise, I enjoyed my round. Course looks like it is tied to a restaurant, and although I did not eat after my round, it looked like it had a full bar (sometimes necessary!!), and some good food options. Will be back.

profitable

It was like 12 people stopped playing at the same time and just walked away from their golf balls? Found 11 balls in the fairways and on the greens?

cold ans slow

A little slow but expected as it is Sunday in December

golfing Thanksgiving

late November rounds are always difficult in the northeast...caught a 55 degree day even though...course was in great shape for time of year

Request A Vacation Quote From Fore Myrtle Beach
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Fore Myrtle Beach will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Middletown, Maryland