Richland Golf Club

Scorecard for Richland Golf Club
Gold M: 73.0/141 453 524 359 171 504 236 371 377 426 3421 515 195 357 373 377 374 188 434 517 3330 6751
Blue M: 71.4/134 422 508 331 160 483 210 355 361 400 3230 498 180 330 350 363 369 165 417 514 3186 6416
White M: 70.0/130 395 490 320 150 475 190 340 350 385 3095 481 168 315 325 345 346 150 401 497 3028 6123
Green M: 68.1/123 W: 70.6/125 345 475 290 145 470 185 320 308 355 2893 464 152 297 296 326 321 132 374 418 2780 5673

Year Built 2002
Greens Bent
Architect Rick Jacobson (2002)

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code No blue jeans, t-shirts. All golfers must wear a collared shirt or mock turtleneck.

Entertaining Clients 7

Richland 08/12/2018

Good conditions, great staff... great value for 60 bucks on a weekend in Maryland

Wished for more

From tee to green usually good. The issues come with subpar bunkers, and for early morning Player’s, sometimes not being able to find your ball in the first cut due to clumped grass clippings.

Response from Richland Golf Club on 09/13/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Richland Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Middletown area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fun Track

First time since it changed hands....still challenging; needs some work on the sand traps and greens aren't as fast as I remember. Overall really fun and will be back. Also check out the 19th hole, great food.

Great course and prices.

Had a 7:30 am tee time on a Saturday morning. Staff was friendly , grass range, nice putting green. The course was in excellent condition and for a golf course in a community the layout was great . Houses were not in play. Finished the round in 4 hours 20 minutes which isn’t bad for the weekend. Greens rolled true and at a good pace. Paid the going rate of 59 bucks and it was well worth it. I have paid more many times and the courses were not even close to this one. I am from the ashburn area and it took me 45 minutes to get there. Well worth the drive.

Diminishing Returns

We only lasted 8 holes on this day, due to a pace-of-play of 2 hrs/38 mins, for those 8 holes. Tried to play through at the turn, and in fact asked that day's pro shop staff , if any body had turned lately, and they had no idea? They then proceeded to send groups off the back to pigeon-hold us in. No players assistant, course in substandard condition, and deplorable pace. It is unfortunate, in that the layout is interesting.

Response from Richland Golf Club on 05/29/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Richland Golf Club, in the Middletown, MD area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the Course Conditions so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Afternoon in the sun

Course played difficult with bumpy greens that rolled fast.

Response from Richland Golf Club on 04/27/2018:
Hello, on behalf of the Richland Golf Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Green is so slow

It was the most slowest green I've ever played.

They should have cut the grass for the weekend golfer even if it was Easter Sunday.

Response from Richland Golf Club on 04/09/2018:
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us, Richland Golf Club in the Middletown area, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you received a friendly experience with our staff and had a fun time on the course. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Snowing and windy!

No one on the course played in under 3 hours and it was snowing sideways for two holes.

Surprised

First nine no problem! First hole on second nine was hit into by a single? I was standing in fairway to hit my second and wham in coming and no warning? Some people have no clue.

Good course in Frederick.

First time playing this course; buddy and I booked our rounds when we thought it would be in the 50s this weekend, but the weather forecast got progressively worse as the week went on. Still, we carried on. Temp at tee time (11:00 am) was a balmy 30 degrees with a stiff 20 mph breeze. This will not be a fair assessment of the course, as the fairways were very wet from the rain the day before (70 degrees just 24 hours before our round!). From what I could tell, the fairways are kept in good shape, greens still rolled pretty true, and had some slope changes to them that I think would make them play really challenging in the Spring/Summer. I'll definitely be back to play this course in the Summer so I can get a true taste of the course. Got a good deal on GolfNow, and only paid $14 so not too disappointed. Looks like they have a grass range that is open in the Spring/Summer, and that's always a plus!! Course had some forced carries on some second shots like the 9th and 17th holes, and those really emphasize hitting it in the fairway. Like I said before, I'll be back in the Summer to give this course a true assessment. Otherwise, I enjoyed my round. Course looks like it is tied to a restaurant, and although I did not eat after my round, it looked like it had a full bar (sometimes necessary!!), and some good food options. Will be back.

profitable

It was like 12 people stopped playing at the same time and just walked away from their golf balls? Found 11 balls in the fairways and on the greens?

cold ans slow

A little slow but expected as it is Sunday in December

golfing Thanksgiving

late November rounds are always difficult in the northeast...caught a 55 degree day even though...course was in great shape for time of year

November Golf

Staff was very friendly, course was in excellent shape considering the recent rain. Chilly day but well worth the trip. They have reasonable rates and pace of play is usually good. Sand traps are much improved from previous year. Leaves were blown off fairways and greens were well maintained.

Request A Vacation Quote From Fore Myrtle Beach
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Fore Myrtle Beach will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Middletown, Maryland