A view of a green protected by a large bunker at Tangle Ridge Golf Club

Tangle Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Architect Jeff Brauer (1995)

Carts Yes - $15

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, American Express
Dress code Dress code enforced

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Texas (2015 #23)

Only negative was the greens. They should be in great shape in about 10 days

Great TX Course

I've played this course several times. Native Dallasite. Always in pristine condition for a public course. A best bang for your buck green fee and experience. I really like the layout - creative with plenty of risk-reward opportunities. It would be the perfect "home course" if I lived in the area. The staff are always top notch and in a friendly, playful mood.

Commented on 05/19/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, BallsndaAir. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Beautiful course and layout.

Haven’t played here in over a decade, which is my loss. Challenging course. Played with regulars which really helped on the strategy and saved me some strokes.. Course is in great shape and nice to play a course that has elevation changes . Bunkers are well maintained and creative in the way they have walled them with turf layers on the high sides. Only negative was the recent punching of the greens. But very much looking forward to playing It again after the greens have healed up a bit.

Commented on 05/15/2020

Hi u000008223788. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. The greens should be healed soon for even better conditions. We look forward to having you back at Tangle Ridge Golf Club!

Would have given a 5 on course condition but greens had recently been aerated. Great layout

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi u000007090695. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. The greens should be great once they heal! We look forward to having you back at Tangle Ridge Golf Club!

Tangle Ridge - still a great course

Greens were aerated but their website warned us and it is that time of year, they have made some bunker modifications that look more challenging, didn’t get to try those out. Driving range closed due to Covid, but that too is the norm right now. One of my favorite area courses!

Commented on 05/11/2020

Thank you for your review, u000007247365. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Tangle Ridge Golf Club. We are glad we are considered one of your favorite courses in the area! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice Day Out

I've been out here a few times and really like this course. There are a number of unique and beautiful holes. I also really like being able to hit all par 5's in two from the tips. Greens are normally very nice. Wind can be a bit of a factor, but that's expected. The views of the houses on the steep hills almost looks like California. Complaints, none really on the course. Think the snack bar should price shop other courses for beer selection and pricing. Think they would sell more bevs if their prices were more in line with others. Overall, I like this course and it is in my mix of courses to rotate through

Commented on 05/28/2020

Hi Ugrooved. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Tangle Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 05/06/2020

A favorite

Love tangle ridge. Layout is great and fun for average and above. The greens were reseeded so they were not good. But oh well, soon they will be fine. Great amenities. You will enjoy.

Great course, friendly staff

Great hilly course, fun and a bargain at twice the price

Commented on 05/15/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, rweinberg! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Pace of Play

The pace of play was perfect. The fairways and bunkers were in great condition. Greens were bumpy and slow because they had been aerated and sanded. That wasn’t a deal breaker. Course played really well.

Commented on 05/15/2020

Hi Erick6967951. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. You can expect the greens to be healed for even better conditions! Thank you for playing Tangle Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Hi u408005176. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Tangle Ridge Golf Club.

Not a better course layout in DFW

Course was a tad firm, but this is easily a top 3 course in DFW. Greens rolled well. Fairways were burned a little but still soft enough. Walking only, but an easier course to walk than I anticipated.

Commented on 05/06/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Kylerpool. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Tangle Ridge Golf Club.

TR

For this time of year the course is looking good. Wouldn't hesitate to play it again. It was walking only due to corona virus. Beautiful scenery and wide fairways. You will be pleased when you play it.

Commented on 04/27/2020

nextround, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Tangle Ridge Golf Club.

great course

awesome course perfect condition. no one there midweek

Commented on 04/27/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u6625288. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Tangle Ridge Golf Club.

WALKING ONLY

Would have been nice if they stated the course was walking only. Love this course, layout, fairways and greens were in great shape. And the staff is the best. I have knee issues and both will require surgery later this year. I did play and walked and was posting my lowest round in 2 years with a 1 over heading into 16. My knees gave out and triple bogey the last holes. Again, why do any course that makes cart to walking NOT state that. Way toooo many courses in the DFW area that provides each individual player a cart.

Great course; pro shop guys need to attend a customer service work shop.

Course is great with nice, scenic views and a variety of different holes. Restaurant staff and maintenance staff are also great but...

The pro shop guys all need to attend a customer service workshop. A small misunderstanding about the “rules” turned in to a big altercation because the pro shop guy was combative. Rather than treating us like customers who chose to play at TR, he took the posture of dictator and began bossing us around like we were a bunch of rebellious teenagers (we’re in our 40’s). We honestly didn’t know a fine point about when the course closes:

I go to TR because it’s a great course at a good price. But, I’m tired of the Pro Shop guys and have had pointless altercations with them over the most trivial things a few times. My hope is the TR management can use reviews like this to better care for their customers.

Great layout

My new favorite course because of the layout. Wide fairways but still has tree lined holes that make it peaceful. Greens seems to dry out quick but they were receptive and rolled good. Will definitely go back

Commented on 04/27/2020

Bones1925, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Tangle Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 04/09/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u4231067. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Great layout

We will definitely come back - the course was in great condition & very challenging but fair.

Commented on 04/09/2020

u00000958506, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Tangle Ridge Golf Club.

Midlothian, Texas