Maryland National Golf Club

Maryland National Golf Club
Green (W) 72 5549 yards 72.3 133
Scorecard for Maryland National Golf Club
Black M: 73.6/139 405 585 183 436 426 209 542 462 355 3603 339 428 246 539 186 496 336 203 435 3208 6811
Gold M: 72.0/136 392 554 171 424 405 175 528 445 331 3425 332 397 227 521 178 484 308 185 417 3049 6474
White M: 70.0/131 383 527 157 414 389 158 513 422 321 3284 317 376 194 480 159 436 268 159 396 2785 6069
Green M: 67.1/124 W: 72.3/133 370 497 130 389 359 132 483 381 296 3037 279 337 175 449 131 422 234 133 352 2512 5549
Red W: 68.3/120 317 459 121 341 303 99 448 315 266 2669 238 302 116 394 117 395 193 102 318 2175 4844

Year Built 2002
Architect Arthur Hills (2002)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Caddies Yes

Dress code All sports shirts must have collars; ladies may wear golf specific collarless shirts.Shorts for ladies and gentleman must be of Bermuda style and length.

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 24

Wet course ,played long

Excellent day ,course played long and greens were quick for winter time.

One of the groups in front of us was tearing the tees up. How do you take a beaver pelt with a driver, pelts were five inches wide and 8 inches long.

Still all in all very nice day in December.

Slow and then more slow...

There was over an hour frost delay, and yet the staff wouldn’t give any idea of when we might go out. Just encouraged us to go buy some coffee or a sandwich. When the practice facilities finally opened, no general announcement was made - i had to ask again and was told the practice facility was open, but still no estimate given on the rest of the course. When we finally teed off, we waited on every single shot. Literally, we would hit lit drives and then wait for 5 minutes before hitting our second. There were times there were four foursomes on one hole. There was never a ranger who came out and encouraged the front group to pick up the pace. After over 4 ours, we were only on hole 13. As I had another appointment that afternoon, I left. I was sorely disappointed with the lack of communication and the glacial pace of play. It’ll take a while before I come back.

Excellent golf course. Very good conditions despite frequent rains and cold weather. Well worth the hour drive from DC. Friendly and courteous staff. Will definitely play again.

Great Time

Played here Sunday. Beautiful day course little wet cart path only but conditions were mighty fine..Will play again...

Good Shape

After a rough summer weather wise, this course is in good shape. I thoroughly enjoyed this round, and look forward to going back soon.

Nice Course

Nice track. It was in great condition and a bargain at the golfnow price. Loved the elevation changes and the scenery. Greens were fast so they were difficult to hold but the fairways were somewhat forgiving. The staff was friendly and all in all it was a fun round.We'll definitely be back.

Fast Greens

Course was in great shape greens were running at least 12 if not faster. Great fun.

Always fun

Played here many times, always a challenge. It's late in the season and it's gotten a LOT of rain so it's a bit rough in spots, but still an excellent course. Staff is always very professional.

Great Shape!

Considering all the rain I was surprised how well the course has faired as other golf courses in the area have not held up.

Great time

Played a good round at a great course. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. With a military discount I saved an additional 35 dollars on the fee. Free rangle balls off the grass into a nice range. I would definitely go back. Pace of play was excellent for being a Saturday morning.

Poor Decisions

We drove 1.5 hrs to play this course which boasted good reviews, however, our experience was poor. They had a small outing that went off just 15 minutes prior to our group without us knowing. We waiting a minimum of 5 minutes to hit every shot and the round took us over 5.5 hours. The worst part is that on hole 12 I made a call to the pro shop because there was 16 players on one hole, 2 groups on the tee and 2 on the hole itself. The pro said he’d be out and he showed up 40 minutes later which is when we walked off that green. They did nothing and offered nothing to prevent a poor experience for full paying customers. They should have blocked off more time for the event, told us about the event, and then offered a rain check when it went so poorly. I will not play there again.

Conditions: nice fairways but the greens were average at best.

Round with a view

The scenery is awesome and the course is in great condition. This golf course is a must play for everyone in the area.

Always superb!

Maryland National is an outstanding layout that is very well maintained.. And even with the recent rains (it was cart path only), there were very few washout areas or GUR areas. The folks here are SO nice and helpful. I always enjoy my time at Md Nat'l. If you find a deal time here, don't pass it up!

Nice course, fairways are great greens are aeretated.

Challenging

Phenomenal Conditions. Very much enjoyed this round. Andy and staff spot on. Electric carts have gps, cooler, ball and club cleaner. Very challenging Highend experience

Beautiful Course & Scenery, But....

Maryland National is a wonderful course with beautiful scenery and great amenities. It's been a while since I've played it, and the Eagles Nest snack bar is a nice addition on the turn (vs. having to go inside to the restaurant). You need to take your patience on this course because every hole is different and has different challenges, especially the uneven lies, strategically placed bunkers, and mounding that can help or hurt you. The only reason I did not give the course a 5 Star rating is because the pace of play was awful--and I never saw a marshal. It was almost 5 hours and the foursome in front of us had a hole open in front of them for almost the entire back 9...and why they were playing from the tips is beyond me! They were every pace but the fairway! It makes the round miserable for paying customers behind them. For a high-end course, Maryland National needs to marshal and ensure a positive experience for all their customers. Beyond that, the course was wet from all the overnight rain (and cart path only), but it was in great shape, playable, and lush and green.

Best course in DMV

I have played courses everywhere around PA, DE, VI, NC, MD and no course comes close to this one. In my opinion the layout is perfect. The condition of the course is excellent. Beautiful scenery, high end clubhouse/ amenities. The 19th hole (shroyers Tavern) was excellent. As a hole the clubhouse staff was very nice Chris in the pro shop was a huge help. I’ve played Worthington Manor. Whiskey Creek, and Musket ridge their staff doesn’t come close to Maryland National staff. Also those courses weren’t close to the condition Maryland National is. I will say this is the best course I’ve been to anywhere. It is worth the drive.

Myersville, Maryland