Whiskey Creek Golf Club

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Superb

Whiskey Creek continues to be in superb shape and always a fun experience

Immaculate Course

Kicking myself for not having played this course sooner!

Whiskey Creek lives up to the positive reviews! By far the best conditions of any course I've played locally this year. Amazing property. A packed Saturday morning golf course where we still finished our round in under 4:30, even getting pushed gently but firmly by a marshal.

The course has excellent design variety, with a range of hole distances, styles and challenges. Generally the fairways are pretty wide, but the course plays tough, with many up- and downhill shots. The signature 18th, hitting to one side or the other of the stone house, is one of the cooler tee shots you'll ever find.

I made the mistake of walking which detracted from the round just slightly. While the holes are closely spaced to make the walk feasible, the extensive ups and downs make it tough. It also prevented me from seeing where the pins were...there's no "Pin Position 1" or colored flag system to help, so you need to use the on-cart GPS.

I think the course is a little tougher than its rating, as the well-placed bunkers are challenging and the greens are as well. I can't wait to play again to learn this course better!

Great condition

Course was in the best shape that I have seen. Greens were rolling nicely. Fun day!

Can't wait to play again

Live 35 mins away for some 10 plus years and this is the first time playing WC. Loved the course. While it was slow play on the 8th and 12th par 4 hole because it was Cart Path only and it was crowded for a 3pm tee time, the pace was average though WC allowed a Five-some to play in front of us and it was not as if they were great golfers to keep up a record pace, but they did okay to minimum our wait.
Wish golfers would fix their divot marks on the Greens. Course had a few more than normal, but this place gets lots of play. IF YOU ARE A PULL-SLICE GOLFER that has a outside-to-in swing path, this course is for you !!!!!! Though I suffered with some miss hits on a few mid-irons and putts , my Driver was hot and that was solely because the layout favors those that have a slight left to right ball path.
Staff was friendly, range balls are included in greens fee and the putting green is next to HOLE #1 so its very convenient. Thanks WC, coming back to try and break my score of 90. Too many mental -errors to capitalize off my tee-shots.

Pretty course but golf operations need help.

Great course conditions, fun layout. Very pretty landscape. Excellent clubhouse and bar. Friendly dining staff.

Golf operations fell short. For a 2:06pm tee we did not tee off until 3pm. They said there was a 45-50 minute frost delay in the morning. They have phone numbers and emails, they did not communicate significant delays in start time. We had a group of 3 players that setup with 2 people in the first kart, 1 person in the second kart. We had a random fourth player join us and he had his own kart, no problem there. The starter at the first tee did not allow us to have 3 karts on the course, even though COVID is real. The starter tried to force unrelated groups in the same kart. We refused, the starter said one person would have to walk because two karts max per group. Frustrating given COVID conditions and social distance norms. Being young guys our group of 3 reluctantly agreed to have one person walk just to start golfing after the long delay. Later on Hole 6, I notice the group playing behind us has 4 players, 3 karts. It turns out the group behind us had Whiskey Creek employees so they had an exception allowed for 3 karts. Unacceptable double standard.
Lack of communication and unfriendly customer policies, there are other courses we will golf at.

Great Layout - spoiled by awful service, poor conditions, and 5 hour pace of play

Awesome layout, best in the DMV in my opinion. Being the priciest public course in the area lends itself to some higher standards. Unfortunately they did not meet these standards. Incredibly rude starter. Grass clippings all over several of the fairways. and to top it off a 5 HOUR pace of play. None of these things should really ever happen and certainly not all 3.

Just not worth the money! Poor service.

$115 had better provide a course in its absolute best conditions. It should be immaculate. Whiskey is a great lay out, but it just never delivers on course conditions. Bunkers have liners exposed, greens are ok but not fantastic. I used to play this course 10/12 times per year. Now it is once or twice. I would not have selected the course today, but a friend wanted to play there. We also had a very poor customer service experience. My friend has a compromised immune system and currently in chemotherapy for cancer. He was refused his own cart. Really ridiculous. I don’t blame the young man behind the counter, regurgitating what upper management had told him. This poor excuse for customer service falls on the GM and Kemper Sports. We were told that they had posted their policy on the website, which of course completely misses the point. This course is printing money. Buy some carts! And every once in a while, do the right thing and let people that have serious concerns about Covid-19 have their own cart! Do add insult to injury, the other two players we were paired with were a no-show. Clearly there were enough carts.

Maryland Advisor

Whiskey Creek is One of My Favorite Courses in MD

My annual trip to Whiskey Creek (about a 50 minute drive) and I was not disappointed. The course was in beautiful condition in the fairways and rough. The greens had been recently aerated, so they were a little bumpy, but still rolling fast--the aeration holes would divert the ball away from the hole so they are not completely recovered yet . The bunkers had lots of footprints in them--golfers not taking their foot and smoothing it over a little (without rakes available). The only other issue for me is there were no noodles in the holes...players had to reach completely in the cup to get their ball. Not good in this time of COVID 19. In any case, the course is a winner!

Course in great shape and great service

This course is in great shape and the staff is awesome unlike some other courses in the DMV area

Amazing course

The friendliest staff I have ever experienced on any other course before. The conditions were amazing and the layout is great. It is a challenging course but not too hard. Clubhouse is top notch as well. Looking forward to playing again next time I visit Maryland

Ijamsville, Maryland