Whiskey Creek Golf Club

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Straight Shooter

Cart staff 10/10 met me at the car helped out my bag on the cart and gave me a basic run down of the course and club house

Staff in the club house 4/10 was not welcomed when I walked in. I asked a question about the rates and was told I was wrong. I’m not sure how a question is wrong , but there is some obvious room for improvement.

Starter 10/10 Jim was great was joking and made up for the previous encounter.

Beverage Cart 10/10 big smile tons of energy and polite when around the green and tee box

Marshals 7/10 twice I was talked to about fixing divots twice I told the guy it’s cart path only and I am not carrying a bottle to my ball and I alway replace my divots if they can be found. I always repair my marks on the course.

Course 7/10 I’ve payed less and received more. It’s a straight course nice scenery, but that’s about it.

Best in Maryland

Beautiful course in pristine condition. Outstanding views. Course starts out so easy then gets tougher every hole. Big time risk reward layout. Tee boxes, fairways and greens in excellent condition. Requires course management, you'll use every club in your bag. Play appropriate tees and a very fair course. Very friendly and considerate staff, delicious cheeseburger at the turn. A real FIRST CLASS course.

Whiskey creek

Great course will definitely be back. Starter was awesome and gave great advice and was nicest starter I've ever experienced

5 Star Views & course to go along

Played Whiskey Creek for the 4-5th time. It is expensive but otherwise it's everything you would want and expect from a 5 star public non-resort course. A real gem!

The course is in fabulous shape. Kudo's to the superintendent and ground staff. Only criticism is some bunkers has to much sand. Otherwise one of the best courses in the DMV. A must play!

Excellent Course

Whiskey Creek is one of the best golf courses in Maryland. Beautiful course. The course was in excellent condition. The only thing I can find wrong with the course is the sand traps. I think there is too much sand in the traps. We had balls that buried in the sand. Everything else was fantastic.

Favorite Course in the Baltimore/DC Area

Love this course. Beautiful setting and tremendous layout. Just the right amount of challenging and forgiveness. Highly recommend.

Cream of the crop

This course is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s finest — excellent condition — challenging, but fair layout. Not a lot of flat lies — tests your ability — highly recommended! Pause a minute to take in the view from the 5th tee.
I was lucky enough to “walk” the course with Ernie Els, (a consultant), when the course opened — one of the highlights of my golfing life — he IS as cool as he appears...

Whiskey Creek

Really enjoyed the course. It was in great shape. Can’t wait to go back.

Visually Stunning Panoramas

Course in beautiful condition, visually stunning panoramas, interesting layout. Everyone can play this course from the appropriate tees. Significant elevation changes. Greens among the fastest I've played. Truly a treat playing this course. Dinner would have been a great way to top off the round except for Covid19. Staff very friendly.

Pace of play overshadowed everything

Whiskey Creek has always been, in my opinion, the premier public course in Maryland. The conditions are always immaculate, the layout challenging and varied, and the experience top notch. But my round on Monday 6/29 was overshadowed by the completely unacceptable slow pace of play and lack of COVID-19 precautions. We teed off at 12:00pm... and it took 5+ hours to play. We waited on every single shot. On more than half the holes, there were 4 groups on a single hole (one on green, one in fairway, one on tee box and one waiting). There was a player assistant driving around, but he offered no explanation as to why things were so slow nor did anything to help manage the delays. Whiskey Creek is also the first course that I’ve played in this crisis (10+ different courses) that had zero changes to its regular golf practices because of COVID. There were no changes to the cups to prevent the ball going down in them, no changes in the pro shop or restaurant (besides the state-mandated wearing of masks by employees, but not of all guests), no increased spacing of tee times, no single carts or dividers in the carts.. They did remove the rakes from bunkers, but that was it. I have always looked forward to playing Whiskey Creek - it is a rare treat for me to play as it always costs a pretty penny. But I think I’ll take my business somewhere that actually values my time and my health.

Banana Land

Played great, tucked it snug a bunch of times. Couldn’t putt to save my life... BUT Kevin got a hole in one on #7 and let me tell you, the day got away from us after that. Crazy when bridie lost the hole. Great day!

Plays Twice a year

IDAM Engineer

Amazing course. Whiskey Creek G.C. will not disappoint you!

Featured
Virginia Advisor

My New Favorite Maryland Public Course

Maryland National used to be my favorite course in MD. Then I played Bulle Rock last week and shook up my rankings. But its reign at the top lastly just 7 short days when I drove back up here from Richmond to play this course. With lower greens fees, similarly top-tier all-around quality, and a more dynamic and fun layout, Whiskey Creek is the sweet spot for public golf in Maryland.

The aspect that sets it apart most from Bulle Rock is the course design. Here you get more elevation (including several fun elevated tee shots to sit back and watch rain down from the heavens) and a somewhat less penal course (it remains fairly difficult to score low though). There's a great mixture of par-4s, from straight to doglegged, uphill to downhill, short and long, birdie holes and escape-with-par holes. The finishing 18th with the old stone house ruins is perhaps my favorite in the entire DMV.

Though I took a cart, the holes are close enough together that you could walk the course if you're up for it, though there's no walking rate posted.

The staff is fantastic here and a shout-out to the starter (I really must get better at remembering names) who not only gave my playing partner and I a thorough overview but even thanked us for coming out to play, such a small gesture that makes such a huge difference.

Course conditions were great with nice even and lush grass from tee to green and all around. The bunkers had not been groomed lately so you had the option to lift, smooth and place. Even still, I highly recommend not getting into some of those bunkers, they can be treacherous!

The greens in particular were the best I have yet seen in this area; no signs of aeration, stress, or high traffic. They were also the perfect speed to compliment the rather undulating putting surfaces.

COVID restrictions were in place though a bit more lax here then at other courses: no inserts in the cups and no bags over the ball washers. You were still instructed to leave the flags in though.

For $66 afternoon rate, Whiskey Creek is a good bit less than Bulle Rock and on par with other courses in the area but in a bit better condition. As such, it's hard not to think of it as anything but a very good value and worth going back again and again, I highly recommend!

Whiskey...not just for drinking

Continues to be one of my faves. A great challenge from the tips for the lower handicapper but a fair test from yo tees for higher. Greens were fantastic as usual and staff members are top notch. A must play in MD.

Ijamsville, Maryland