Eagle Trace Golf Club

3.0162000000 3.0 stars from 5 (146)

• 1200 Clubhouse Dr, Broomfield, Colorado 80020, Boulder County
  • eagletracegolfclub.com

Year built: 1963
Architect(s): Dick Phelps
Type: Public

Carts: Yes - $17

Dress code: No tank tops.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Black (W) 71 6332 yards 75.5 137
Silver 71 5745 yards 64.8 112
Silver (W) 71 5745 yards 71.3 129

The course at Eagle Trace Golf Club is one of several in Colorado that were designed by architect Richard Phelps. Views of the Rockies and splendid Cottonwoods sprinkled across the course make it an enjoyable game. Five lakes and over sixty bunkers add some challenging elements to the course. Located in Broomfield, the golf course is 6,742 yards from its longest tees, playing to a par of 71. Eagle Trace Golf Club also offers teeboxes specifically made for children. They also have a junior golf program for kids under 10.

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals walkers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards thick rough   Great for drinks

"Worst golf experience I’ve ever had"

Bvtarver's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

Although the course was in decent shape for the time of year I was playing. I would have rather been somewhere else after my experience with the clubhouse staff extremely rude and acted as if the golfers she was encountering was and extreme inconvenience to her. No starter allowed whoever to roll up and just start playing pace of play was about 3 1/2 hours for the front 9. Being that I wasn’t trying to play for 7 hours that day I had to approach the same club house staff and ask for them to defund my back 9 funds of give me a rain check for another day. She refused to do it either and continued to argue. I had to ask for the manager a man that had some type of customer service experience and he was able to get me a refund for the back 9. Unpleased with this

"Great Neighborhood Course!"

bhorace's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

I play a ton of golf and do not understand the negative reviews. The course is in amazing shape for the money and a fun challenge from the gold tees. The staff is very accommodating and always finds a way to work me in. They are all friendly and helpful. I have walked rounds here in under 3 hours and and have never had a round go over 4 and a half hours when fully backed up. Great place to play during the week, alone or with friends!

"Price was right"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The deal was for $22.00 + fee, normal cost is &45.00 plus cost of the cart, cart included in th $22.00; not a bad deal for this course. One of my favorite to play. Staff at course was very helpful, course was not over crowed and you could go at a normal pace without feeling pushed by players behind you.

"Poor Management"

hector4224982's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

Very poor course. Me and my friends (4 to 12 handicaps) have only played this course when we find cheap deals on GolfNow because it is no where near worth the normal fee to play here. The course always has at least 2 to 3 holes that are under repair or damaged. The worst part about playing here is the pace of play. Management does nothing to increase the pace, which typically takes around 5 and 1/2 hours to play on average. I will never play this course again and would strongly recommend playing either Legacy Ridge, Broadlands, or Westmoor instead.

"Decent course"

Lucas1218990's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Found the course & good rate through golf now while on vacation. Greens rolled well & course was in overall good shape. Was fairly busy on a weekend but played my round as a single in just over 4 hours. Has some unique holes & a nice layout.

"Unexpected greatness"

mikecmoore's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

After reading comments from others, I was expecting an under average course. Except for a few bunkers that seemed more like asphalt that sand, the course from tee to green was way above average. I want to go back there sooner than later.

"Course going downhill"

KCBoulder1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Good weather

The course was SLOW. We were already 20 min behind form the first tee.

There was little or NO sand in the traps. The fairways had left over grass trimmings all over, poor maintenance.

"A Great Time!"

RealMatSmith's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

I absolutely love Eagle Trace. It's only 6600 yards but it's creative. The Front 9 is a bit more straightforward and you need to set yourself up with some really good drives. The Back 9 is a blast, some awesome holes, a few short Par 4s that are easily reachable for long hitters like me, 300-350 yards. You have to hit every club in the bag, greens have slope. You hit into a lake on the driving range which seems like fun but is totally unrealistic if they don't have the yardage buoys out on the range. It's a gimmick but it's a blast. The practice bunkers and chipping/putting area is nice though. Totally worth it, can find great deals.

"Average at best..."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2015

This course was retrofitted with a driving range and tee boxes which congests the course at peak times and lends it an amateur, unpolished experience. The layout was confusing with some tee boxes aligned too close to other greens which led to more than one "fore" experience. Too many holes were too closely aligned with minimal separation allowing the numerous, average golfers to play off the other hole's fairway leading to more delays.

"fun course."

uQWOU6685QW's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2015

I got this round for an absolute steal so I wasn't expecting too much going in. Course was fun, but the gas golf carts are loud and seem to be speed regulated a little too slow IMO.

Course was in pretty good but shape but the stand out was the greens. Best I've played on this year so far.<br/> Sand traps need some TLC and immense amounts of extra sand.

Front 9 lended itself as a comparable warm up to the back nine. but with back to back par 5's in the middle it give a good chance to make up strokes you're almost sure to lose on the back.

can't wait to go back now that I know the layout a bit

"Great value course, but don't expect Augusta amenities"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Course is in good shape, although many of the bunkers are now water hazards due to rain.

No cart girl working so beware.

Porter Potties were in terrible shape, but the club house is kept tidy.

"Well kept"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2015

Staff was awesome and the course was in great condition

"rating"

mrbillyb's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2015
Previously played Played with a group Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

The par 4"s play fairly long and are challening fro most senior and intermediate golfers. Long par 3 on front nine. The course has improved since AGC no longer owns it?

"Fun day at Eagle Trace"

Nodoze24's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2015

Overall we had a great time playing this course, I do love the layout. The issue was the conditions on the course this time. The grass was more green than I have ever seen, but there was standing water in many of the sand traps, and a few holes were so wet that the grass was a soggy swamp.

The Course rules were "Cart Path Only" for the day due to the VERY wet conditions on the course, so in the end I believe we would have saved time just walking 18 holes instead of going all the way back to the cart path after each shot.

The last issue we had was there was not a drink cart on the course for the day, so the only chance you had to purchase drink or food was at the turn.

Overall we had a great time. The weather was nice, we all played well and had fun. Other than the very wet spots, it played well. And of course the group ahead that picked up my best shot of the day on the way to their next hole.

"Great venue"

melonhog's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

Beautiful course, especially for the money. Challenging course that keeps your round interesting. This was my 1st time at this course but I will return.

"Solid course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2015

The course was in great shape. My only issue was the pro shop couldn't figure out how or what to charge me. I had my email confirmation that showed the price and they still couldn't figure out how to make the price golfnow offered work. I ended up paying more than I should have, but having driven 45 minutes to get there we sucked it up and played.

"A good time!"

SlideGtr2's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I booked this round on Golf Now with no knowledge of the course. It is a nice, very mature course, that winds through a subdivision, though the homes rarely come into play. It is wide, fairly flat and would be a great course for those who like to walk. There is quite a bit of water. The sand traps were not well maintained, hard and crusty, you will not to rake them because you will rarely leave a footprint! The pace was a bit slow but not aggravatingly so. Overall a pleasant round. If it wasn't so far from my home (63 miles), I would play there often. Enjoy!

"Nice course"

jmcdenverco's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2015

I found this course to be very nice and a bit challenging for a player of my caliber. I look forward to returning.

"Great value for the money using Golf Now"

Rog949's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2015

Third time I have played the course. The course conditions have improved each time I have come out to play the course. Will play again.

"Just OK"

uJWDL3945JW's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I drove a hr from Littleton to play a new course and chose this one. Course was just ok, the facilities were not too good but overall it was a decent course. Not worth 42.00 but at 30.00 a good value