Southern Dunes Golf Course

Silver 70 5394 yards 65.7 118
Scorecard for Southern Dunes Golf Course
Gold M: 72.1/129 468 209 452 562 212 363 553 191 491 3501 402 433 381 528 203 351 186 392 194 3070 6571
Blue M: 69.6/126 444 184 396 546 190 343 533 160 440 3236 365 407 366 490 178 332 174 366 185 2863 6099
White M: 67.6/120 W: 72.7/127 428 168 365 495 169 317 515 140 413 3010 342 382 358 458 152 303 155 329 177 2656 5666
Silver M: 62.7/104 W: 66.0/113 357 126 328 430 120 224 448 95 318 2446 237 327 317 406 113 250 118 282 97 2147 4593

Year Built 2003
Architect Gary Player (2003)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Kurt Schier Golf Academy"
Golf Simulator Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Men: T-Shirts are allowed. No cutoff jeans or shirts without sleeves. Women:No bikini or tube tops. Sleeveless shirts are acceptable.

Fun course

This course is fun and very challenging. A lot of water in play. Course is pretty dry, the ball rolls out 25-50 yards on the fairways. Greens are very fast. With normal rain this course would be beautiful. I will definitely be back to play again!

Indy Advisor

What a Shame

This course has so much potential, it's a shame what it is right now. The layout is a lot of fun with water in play on several holes. But the greens, rough, and tees boxes are all in very poor condition. Several greens have giant patches on them where the are either completely browned out, or sand has been placed and they didn't even mow. The rough is patchy at best. The tee boxes appear to have some sort of disease as many of them are wasting away to nothing. Even the good ones are very brown. The sand traps were basically hardpan throughout as well. The fairways were ok though.

My playing partner and I both agreed this could be up with the top tracks in town if they put some money into it to repair what is going bad because the layout is so nice. The sparse clubhouse and conditions suggest money problems though, so who knows. I'll give it another go next year to see how it's doing. But it's just sad to see what it is now.

Should be in Indiana Top 20

This course was one of my favorites on a recent trip to Indianapolis. Clubhouse looks like an southern mansion, inside it's not as extravagant but still very nice. Driving range and putting area were nice, carts seem new and plenty of yard markers on sprinkler heads which are easy to find. Nice layout to the course. I thought is was challenging yet very fair. Fairways were in excellent shape and so were the greens. You can see the layout of each hole as its played and aren't surprised by any hidden hazards. You're not too far from downtown yet it feels like you are far away. I played in a scramble so we paid more than normal, but the posted prices were between $35-$40 for 19 with a cart. Very good value. I would play this course again in a heartbeat.

Hidden Gem in Indianapolis

The course was in great shape. It's very challenging but very fair. I had never heard of this course before and thanks to the reviews from this site, I added it to our list of courses for our father-son golf trip. The staff was very friendly. The only drawback was the pace, and we were behind an outing, so that was not the course's fault. Will definitely play again.

Southern Dunes

I love Southern Dunes. It was described to me as deceptively short and thats very accurate. Everytime I've played the course it has been in excellent shape. A couple of really challenging over water holes, and some short-cut par-5s make for an interesting round mentally and physically. Pair this course up with Heartland Crossing for a weekend golf getaway and thank me later.

Best kept secret!

Friendly staff and a very playable course for all skill levels. The course is in amazing shape so early in the season. I'll definitely play here again!

CHILLY

I haven't played here in a few years but I really enjoy this course. I wish the weather had been better but the course itself was in good shape and pace of play was great.

Great course with a little of everything!!!

Tee boxes were a little rough, but probably from being played so much.

This was a great course. Fairways and greens were in excellent condition. Would highly recommend this course.

Great value!

Outstanding facility. Challenging enough for great golfers but friendly enough to cater to the moderate player. Having previous knowledge of the course helps you score better. Course has an easy way and hard way to play. Your score will reflect if you know ball placement. Booking time on Golf Now is the best. Only reason golfers are not using this app is they don't know about it!

First timer

Really liked the course! Cups on the greens needed to be moved. Lots of traffic around certain holes. Tee boxes needed help also. Plenty of sand and water. Pretty course to play on. The club has a lot to offer ! The price was right too ! I will definitely be back. Marc

NICE GREENS -- NICE FAIRWAYS -- NICE TEE BOXES

Impressed with the improvements at Southern Dunes since earlier this year. Greens, fairways, and tee boxes were all in much better shape than 2 months ago, which is shocking if you consider that it's now the middle of August. Southern Dunes remains one of the top 5 courses on Indy's southside. Well done management team and staff, well done.

Fairways excellent

Course was great except bunkers had very little sand

Great Condition

The course was in great shape. We started not long after an outing had finished so there was some traffic wear on the greens but due to the good condition of the course they were still in great shape. The staff, particularly the person working the cart area, was very accommodating and ensured we had carts that were clean and had charge enough to get us around the course without any problems.

Battle

Had a great time on the back 9 shot 42 which is good for me I look forward to playing again.

Beautiful layout

Great condition. Fast playing tee times. Can't wait to play again.

after outing still in good shape.

The tee stations were a bit roughed up from a large outing but the greens were is good shape for the traffic they got. Brian and his crew always do a great job keeping the course playable and the greens in top condition.

The course is challenging, but fair. However it is in bad shape.

I have played here for several years in the past, and this was my first time here this year. I must say, that tee boxes are in absolutely terrible shape! Nearly every one is tore up, and need to be completely redone. Also, the green side bunkers are like hitting off of pavement. I know a load of sand is not very expensive, so I fail to see why this is the case. I have refused to play other courses around (Tameka Woods for example), due to these same type of issues. I hope this can be resolved, because I really like playing here, however I do not want to pay to play a course that is not what it should be.

Played long

1st time playing this course but not the last. Great links style layout. Had rained hard 2 days previous so wasn't getting the roll you like on links but course was well drained and probably played great the next day. Wife played and found it lady friendly . Only complaint was indifferent youngster working the pro shop, but that kinda seems to be the norm anymore

Very nice course

I purchased a real good deal from golf now $12 for a round. The course was in great shape, fairways wide, the approach shot challenging with greens surrounded by water, fescue and sand with the occasional extended first cut and greens not fast with nice turns. I really like this course it is not extremely long and has a links feel. Good course for south side of indy. In the neighborhood it's a definite play.

Camby, Indiana
Clayton, Indiana

Valid dates: Nov 16, 2018 - Apr 30, 2019
Enjoy an overnight resort stay, soaking in our Mineral Therapy Pool, and two 18-hole rounds of golf with a cart, starting at only $239 + tax.