Cambridge Golf Club

Ruby 72 6695 yards 72.6 130
Jade 72 6227 yards 70.5 128
Pearl 72 5091 yards 69.7 119
Scorecard for Cambridge Golf Course
Onyx M: 74.9/131 454 537 220 451 196 443 523 339 446 3609 454 342 531 177 437 373 611 214 468 3607 7216
Ruby M: 73.1/123 402 515 163 416 162 417 513 316 408 3312 437 336 521 155 408 357 558 187 424 3383 6695
Jade M: 70.7/121 375 506 147 378 151 376 501 298 377 3109 421 300 491 141 393 321 504 168 379 3118 6227
Gold M: 69.2/117 W: 70.2/119 334 487 121 366 136 366 475 288 351 2924 396 290 474 123 358 308 473 151 365 2938 5862
Pearl W: 67.1/113 303 424 110 316 101 315 445 256 309 2579 319 234 421 114 324 226 433 124 317 2512 5091

Year Built 2000
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Architect Tim Liddy (2000)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Cambridge 5 Star course!

Great staff and well maintained course, love playing there!

Great layout but slowest greens in the Tri state area.

Layout is great and fairways are nice. Overall course is not mowed short enough ever. Greens are the slowest in the tristate area but in good shape. Only two problems, pace of play is always super slow as they just pile people on the first tee. And after talking to a few members today they said it’s always like that. Members said they don’t make people have tee times they just let them show up and take off. Second is the bunkers are unbelievably awful condition. It is a nice course though and it’s a tough test especially from the back.

Good Experience

The course was in great shape considering it received 6 inches of rain the day before. I was able to play 9 of the 18 holes without any issues, but then the weather changed. The rain started coming down and wind was gusting at 40 MPH. I called it quits and went back to the club house. Before I could even ask I was given a voucher for not 9 but 18 holes with cart due to the weather. Its a great course to play and the staff always takes care of you.

Cambridge Golf Course

Challenging course with many pot bunkers, stay clear of these. Fairways and greens in excellent condition, this course is well maintained . The staff is always courteous when we arrive and leave. Southern Indiana Jewel!

Great course but EXTREMELY slow

I have played this course several times over the last couple of years. My in-laws live in Evansville and anytime we come to visit, this is always the place I like to play. It is links style course, which I'm a huge fan of. That being said, I played here on 8/11 (Saturday) and our tee time was for 11 am. I understand that is pretty much the definition of primetime on a Saturday, but what I experienced was truly remarkable. Our group was a 4some made up of 2 single digit handicappers and 1 guy who is about a 10 and another who is probably closer to a 20. I say this only to give context - it wasn't as if we were striping the ball down the middle of the fairway and hitting it tight on every green. We played the front 9 in 2 hours and 40 minutes. Just an unacceptable amount of time. I called the pro shop at the turn (9 green & 10 tee takes you to a halfway house instead of the clubhouse) to see if they might be able to send out somebody to get the group in front of us (a 3some) to pick up the pace a little bit. When I called, the guy in the clubhouse said that he was the only one there and there was nothing he could do. Nothing you can do on a Saturday morning/early afternoon to enforce pace of play? That is absolutely the incorrect answer. He should have had the bartender watch the pro shop while he took 5 minutes to ride out to the 10th fairway to speed things up. Or lock the pro shop doors for a few minutes. At this point, there were 3 (three!) groups waiting on the tee at 10 all because of a 3some of hacks kept searching in the weeds for their errant tee shots.

I love this course - I really do - but they've got to do something about pace of play here. You cannot have groups taking 5.5 hours to play a round of golf. That is a quick way to lose business. I understand that Saturdays are slower because there are more people there, but just have a ranger (or someone in the pro shop) come out every 15 minutes or so just to make sure people are keeping up.

Oh I forgot to mention that I played this course about a month ago and had the exact same issue. That time, we skipped 10 & 11 and drove over to the 12th tee and played the remaining 7 holes in an hour and 10 minutes. They really need to get the pace of play issue figured out here.

In a word - consistent

Unfortunately the consistent part centers on S...L...O...W...

We were the only people in the Pro Shop when we arrived to check in for a round that was already booked and paid for in advance. Upon entering found the counter unoccupied, which happens and is typically no big deal. After a few minutes of browsing a person stuck her head out of an office and informed us the Person to check us in was likely tied up and would be back soon. Again, not too out of hand. After browsing a bit more I come across another’s person seated in the Pro’s office reading about the Open championship for what I could see on his monitor. If I was in a hurry I would have stuck my head in but decided against it. The woman notices me (again) and walks around a bit in an effort to locate someone to check-in when another man walks in who eventually hands us a cart key.

Got out to the first tee to discover we were behind a Scamble which seems to happen at this course when booking the Hot Deal. Maybe that's a coincidence?. Maybe not. Anyways I do understand that without the revenue brought in from outings some courses would be in even worse shape financially than they already are. After 4 holes the Scramble foursome ahead of us were a hole behind and 1 1/2 holes after 9.

Came close to riding to my car after nine but hoped the group ahead was shot gunned for a start which they apparently were, pulling off the course after 12. In the interim witnessed 2 separate groups jump in, one a twosome after the turn and a foursome right behind my group after 12.

Greens were glacial in speed which is the norm here regardless of season. Pace of play always is bad in my experience, some of that can be contributed to the layout which is typically of the Architect who I usually enjoy. I've played most of the tracts by Liddy in the MIdwest and Cambridge claims the title for worse place play. Fairways were in decent shape albeit high, off fairways rough as usual. Bunkers should be removed and/or reduced if they are not going to be maintained.

Response from Cambridge Golf Club on 07/25/2018:
Thank you for leaving us with your feedback after your round with us. We appreciate you sharing your concerns. We are sorry about the slow play that you ran into, and we will keep working hard to have the course in shape. Thank you again for leaving us this review, and we hope to have you back again soon.

Long day

Course was extremely busy for a weekday. Play was extremely slow with groups jumping in at the 10th hole. Course desperately needs Marshals to speed up slow playing groups. Greens and fairways are good. Sand traps need weeding and more sand. Many should be marked as ground under repair.

Response from Cambridge Golf Club on 07/23/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review. On behalf of all the staff here at Cambridge Golf Club, we greatly appreciate your feedback as we always look to improve. We are sorry about the slow play that affected your round, but we appreciate your feedback regarding marshals so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the condition of the bunkers. Our staff will make sure to keep working hard to maintain the course, and we hope you will be able to see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you out here again sometime soon.

I really enjoy this course for the challenge it presents. I really wish all the sand in the bunkers was in play. This would make this course next level.

Enjoyable even when I don’t play well!

Very good

Had to stay on cart path no problem, course still in good shape.

Restrooms need revamping full usage provision.

Worth playing every time

Have yet to be disappointed with this course or staff....best in the tri-state in my opinion

Great Course!

Great value for the money, great course layout and a blast to play. Several challenging holes that cause you to think. Some impossible hole locations. You have to play this course if you’re in Evansville. Will play this many more times!!

Great Course as always!

Favorite course to play in evansville. Greens were great already and fairways were to Just still brown. Love the layout of the course!

Extremely slow pace of play

I teed off by myself behind a couple of foursomes. They wouldn't let me play through. I played 6 holes in just under 2 hours. I packed it up after that. It would've been nice if there was a ranger out there.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019