The Links At Rising Star Casino

Formerly known as The Links At Grand Victoria Casino.
Scorecard for The Links at Rising Star CLOSED
Gold M: 70.3/125 395 385 541 158 312 137 378 421 175 2902 396 353 612 211 330 335 382 471 414 3504 6406
Blue M: 69.1/123 385 349 514 142 293 124 353 417 160 2737 371 333 552 200 311 314 369 460 385 3295 6032
White M: 67.5/119 W: 72.2/122 361 329 486 128 278 112 341 362 142 2539 352 321 480 175 301 291 357 449 369 3095 5634
Red W: 67.8/112 307 286 435 111 267 101 301 321 123 2252 277 305 435 154 286 261 303 421 312 2754 5006

Year Built 2000
Golf Season April - December
Architect Tim Liddy (2000) Wadsworth Golf Construction (2000)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire including shirts with collars and sleeves required at all times.

Indy Advisor

Decent Links Style Course

The course has some linky-character with some elevated greens and mounds along the way. The sand was very thin, as was the grass around the traps. The course was also very wet, and while it never really got close to the Ohio River, I can see it being wet a lot and for a while after it rains. Greens did not break as much as they looked but rolled true. All in all, it'll keep you thinking but it's not a knock-your-socks-off kind of place.

I have noticed some changes

I had played this course at least 25 times in 2011-2012. It was in much better shape then and the staff was much better then. The overall decline of the course and the casino is to be of concern. I can tell from the play that it is still a popular destination. I like the links format, the small greens and the green elevation changes. It is a fun day; just not what it used to be.

Links style course that is always in great shape. Course does not play very long but can be tough if you are not accurate off the tee.

Had a great day.

Very busy, weather was perfect. Beautiful course, everyone was friendly. Course is challenging, and the scenery was nice. Looking forward to going back again.

Fun Course

Great course. Fairly long and open. Greens are quick and get a true roll. Really enjoy playing this course.

Disappointment

Very disappointed. We paid more money thru golfnow than what course was charging. Upset us immediately. Then course was covered in 2somes. Why not pair some of them up. Then the concessions/bar closed down at 5 on a friday night. This will be last time we visit this resort.

The Links is a good course!

I really enjoyed my first time here. I golfed by myself from the red tees and thought the course was in great shape. Thought the course was somewhat challenging and really expected a harder course from what I was told. Not many trees to contend with but beware of the sandy areas or drainage bunkers. Am looking forward to playing here again.

Fun course to play

Love the wide fairways and the two spit fairways The heather should not come into play if can hit it straight

Great links-style course

I booked the course on a day when the weather was going to be very nice and was hesitant that the course would be packed and pace of play would be slow. There was a threesome and a twosome waiting at the first tee when I arrived (alone). I joined the twosome, one of the players was a beginner. Despite the course being busy, we were not held up at all by the group in front of us and we were not holding anyone up that was playing behind us. The course was in great condition. The greens were worn, but that was expected for this time of year and they still rolled true. Great course. I will definitely play again if I am in the area.

Great Layout

Great course, very interesting and challenging. The staff was friendly and helpful. Will definitely play here again.

Fun course

Fun course to play for all levels. Grounds are well kept. It is one of the best courses in SE Indiana for the money.

Casino golf

Played 18 in 3.5 hours. The course was in great shape, no burned out areas and they had really good sand in the bunkers. The greens rolled good and were kinda fast, nothing overwhelming. It's a Tim Liddy design so it's a baby Pete Dye course. Looks like one also. The tees and fairways were all cut to the correct height as one should expect on a course. The tee boxes were nice and soft, and the rough was lush. I would highly recommend this course for the 30-50 dollar range. Less than that is a steal.

Course needed some work.

While I liked the course, it needed some work done to it. The greens had many,many ball marks on them. The bunkers had not been raked since the last rain which was two days ago. There were a few pin placements that pros would have had trouble getting to. Now, with that said, I would play the course again. It just needs some polished a bit.

Very enjoyable

Very nice links course, will definitely come back and play. Beers in the clubhouse were priced a little ridiculous, the special was 4 beers for $15.00, not very special to me , drank somewhere else after golf. Other than that, it's a great course.

First time through

Course seemed to be pretty easy after the first few holes, but after getting into the long heather rough and some water hazards I realized where this course's difficulty lies. Fairways and greens were in very nice shape and it was well worth the $25 green fees I paid (great bargain). I drove 50 minutes to play there and would do it again!

challenging greens

Fun and challenging course. True links play virtually transports you to the shores of Scotland. Elevated and undulating greens suckered me every time to go for it. From tee to green, the course looked a bit beat down. Unrepaired divot marks everywhere (lots of old ones not tended to). Equipment, building and carts seem worn (cart seats ripped, etc). All in all a fun course but for the money I'd expect everything to shine a bit more.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019