View of a fairway and green at Winter Creek Golf & Country Club

Winter Creek Golf Course

Year Built 2003
Fairways Zoysia
Greens Champion Bermuda
Architect Rocky Roquemore (2003)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Oklahoma (2019 #7) (2015 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2015 #17)

Always top notch

Fairways were nice. Only issue was the tee markers weren’t out. Greens were in great shape but a little slow.

Feb 2020

Course in great shape for winter. Staff was great. Good bargain with “Hot Deals”

Great, but sub par. And not in a good way.

No tee box makers on any holes. Just kinda had to guess.
All the greens had three holes and the flag colors seem to just be random instead of red, white, and blue for front, middle, back. Respectively... Some of the extra holes did have some type of plug but it was usually sunken to far to see until you were standing on the hole. But most were just left open. Played multiple rounds somewhere this winter and haven't seen anything like this. These aren't big problems but just not something I would expect from a course that promotes itself as higher end.

Other than that staff was very friendly and great.

Commented on 03/05/2020

Hi tonsoffun2325! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 02/02/2020

Thank you for your feedback.

To clarify some of your concerns, many of the things we do during offseason months are not typical, but done for a very specific purpose. We have Bermuda greens, which differs from most surrounding facilities. The 3 holes are for rotation purposes to avoid cutting new holes in a dormant putting surface. The flag rotation is the same as the red/white/blue system you referenced but with different colors. For future visits, our system is white=front/split flag=middle/red=back. In regards to tee markers, we pull all markers during offseason months to reduce foot traffic in traditional spots during the grass’ dormant time. This is also used to encourage players to enjoy our course from teeing areas they may have not tried in the past due to the tee color in place.

In summary, all of your concerns fall into our offseason maintenance practices other than the flag color rotation. Beginning April 1 you will see a return to more traditional on course setup including tee markers and single hole locations on each green.

Should you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

WInter Creek Mgmt.

Every hole has character!

Standing on the tee box you are challenged to shape the ball both directions to reach a favorable position in the fairway. Course was excellent; bunkers were in better shape than I had seen before.. course played in three hours. Overall, great time!

Wonderful Layout but out of shape

This is one of the best layouts in central Oklahoma. Gives choices on what shot to play and will penalize for bad choices and shots.

The greens roll at very inconsistent speeds. With some of the greens feeling very gimmicky / over sloped with hole placements that do not account for the roll and wind.

All of the traps were a nightmare. I call them traps because they really have some sort of dirt mixture in them not sand. We had some rain on Thursday and all of them were like playing out of compressed dirt / concrete.

It is a super fun, challenging layout. But, to have to deal with the traps in that condition and the greens makes it a kind of a less than enjoyable round.

Commented on 12/09/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave Winter Creek Golf & Country Club a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Greens and fairways great for Nov!

Great course in super good shape - only thing that was sub par was wet clay bunkers

Winter Creek

Overall a very scenic course. The bunkers are in terrible condition. The greens, fairways and tee boxes are in good shape.

Commented on 12/09/2019

Great Track

For fall golf the course was in excellent shape. New champions Bermuda green rolled fast and true. Nice tight fairways. I always love playing this course.

Made the Most of a Windy Day

Trying to eek out one more round in the fall, saw a great Hot Deal for Winter Creek and made the trip for this gem.
Layout is fantastic. Bunkers line fairways and the tee boxes are kept in better shaped than most munis’ greens. Pace of play wasn’t the best, as me and my playing partner had gotten behind two younger fellas who hadn’t picked up on us just standing and waiting on every shot on the front 9, backing up the groups behind us as well.
Ok so here’s the deal. Who built the greens? On some, most notably the 3rd, 8th, and 16th, putting on those greens is like trying to land a jumbo jet on an aircraft carrier. It just severely slopes off and I shook my head as a birdie putt became a 4 putt and looked and saw no visible flat surface anywhere. That’s pretty much the only complaint, which is a big complaint knowing that if you hit a good shot, there’s a chance you could see your putt go 30 feet past and into the fringe for another putt and another putt.

Commented on 11/05/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review on the green surfaces as well as pace of play is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

MUST PLAY

All I have to say about this course is if you are in the area this is a MUST PLAY golf course.

Winter Creek Delivers!

Outstanding well-maintained course! It is very much "off the beaten path", but WELL worth the drive. I got a fantastic deal on GolfNow, $14 plus fees to play this marvelous jewel. Even though it is a 2 1/2 hour drive from where I live. Recommended by a friend who's played it, he wasn't wrong! Perfect Teeboxes, perfect fairways, not a bad lie on the whole course, bermuda greens, grainy of course, but they putted true, reasonably fast (about 9-10) and not bumpy at all. Sand was a little crusty in spots but OK. I played the tips at 7063 yds, (have to see the whole course the first time, you know that!) Definitely will be back, and with friends this time! Go play it!

HIGH LEVEL COUNTRY CLUB QUALITY

This course is in a crazy condition right now. Haven't been able to play this year for injuries. Last time I played they were just starting with new superintendent-WHAT A JOB!!! The fairways will not be matched in Oklahoma-anywhere. The greens are excellent, even the ones they lost are now showing beautiful tracking for such short rooted grass. It can only get better with this care. Congrats, all of you should be very proud.

Amazing

The course was amazing especially for the summer time it was very well taken care of very beautiful course worth playing again and again my top 3 course that I’ve played in the state

Winter Creek Winner

Great course layout. The bunkers are in need of repair and better drainage. The staff was very friendly and food and beverage was good.

Winter Creek A Great Course

A good challenge. Staff is excellent. I will go again!

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.