The Links at Norman

Year Built 2010
Architect Lindy Lindsey (2010)

Clubs No

Dress code Appropriate attire includes shorts or pants and collared shirts. No tank tops or cut-offs may be worn.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Oklahoma (2017 #10) (2016 #9)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2017 #9)

Putt-putt and clueless staff

Arrived 40 min before tee time. Staff refused to give me a cart. 20 min in and they begrudgingly gave me one. The course was virtually empty, but they were worried about people playing before their tee time. Go figure.

Slightly confusing layout, but not a bad course. However, the greens are tiny and very hilly. Several pins were put in the middle of a slope. It became silly. Especially on 16, if you missed the putt, your ball rolled back off the green.

I won't be back to this course unless it was sub 20 bucks.

I have to say it's a nice little course. Layout is a little confusing, lol, but a nice place to play.

Very friendly and rather good course

This course is close to home. I'm glad it's open to the public, and is in as good shape as any of the muni's. It's a little shorter but challenging with the reward found in the fairway. The only knock I have is some larger groups of inexperienced players can slow things down. We just drive around and keep on going. But really a good value.

Another great day at the links

Third time playing the links and even with all the rain recently the course was in good shape and value is beyond belief.

Fun Round!

The course was very wet due to a lot of recent rain. Otherwise, it was in great condition. We needed to play cart path only because of the rain. Being the first time on the course made some of the holes difficult to find. A few more directional signs would be nice. There were not many people playing, probably because of the rain, so the round was very relaxing and we could maintain our own pace. The staff was very friendly! We will definitely play here again if we are ever in Norman, OK again!

Best Value for a superb course like this.

I returned to Norman 4 years ago and never knew this course existed!! What a hidden gem for the casual and regular golfer!!

Great challenge but fair and very cool layout!!

For the limited time I have to play golf, this will be my course of choice!!!

Tight

The course condition was about as good as I've played, considering the amount of rain we've had. Tee boxes probably needed to be mowed but the fairways were nice greens were soft and a little slow, but again lots of rain lately, bunkers well kept. Overall very clean very nice for the price. Would like to play again when it dries out. The layout was a bit odd and stressful. Apartments really close to the course, holes are right on top of each other, even shared tee boxes. Could understand how it could be confusing. Not enough yardage markers and I'm not sure the ones that are there are accurate. It's a short course to begin with and there were some shots where I hit a club 20 yrds longer than normal or the yardage is off. Think I only hit driver twice on the back 9. It was busy for mid day on a Friday, and I felt like I was either waiting or being rushed. Couple that with the tight holes and actual danger of stray shots made for a less relaxing day of golf than I anticipated. For 12$ it was awesome but I'll only be back if I get a price like that again.

Highly recommend GPS when playing course. Blind shots and extreme dog legs. Small greens make for difficult short game. Challenging yet forgivable.

Fun Course

This is a great course to play, also kind of difficult. It is a Lindsey Group course and most are very difficult. However I believe this is the best and friendliness of all. I play here at least once a week.

Great value w/Golf Now app...

Course is typical of "The Links" chain of courses, set in & around apt complex. Some of the tee box's are difficult to find & they could use better signage how to get to the next tee box when you finish some holes. Greens were mostly nice but inconsistent - some slow & rough, others nice & fast - but it is early spring & have had mega-rains this year. Some holes w/blind shots, so again some signage would help as well as some yardage markers which were sorely lacking, as are ball washers (most were missing or dry) or drinking water stations.
But all those are minor faults as this is a nice scenic fun course to golf. And w/the Golf Now app deal it's only $15 but that is only available @ 2 tee times daily so you pretty much have to plan it & book/pay for it @ least the day before you play.

Nice Track

This is a good one for any golfer. This course is laid out throughout and around an apartment complex. Staff work very hard at keeping this course in good playing condition. Winter has been hard this year and things are just starting to come back. Greens are very good; fairways are hard and sparse. Give it about a month and you will really enjoy the challenges.

Great course but challenging

I Love this course. Challenging with some very narrow Fairways. The Greens are Fast and have plenty of elevation changes. Very enjoyable for the average and above Golfer.

Great Hidden Course

This course is well maintained inside a very nice apartment complex. I've been in the Norman area for many years and didn't know this course was here. The Fairways are somewhat narrow and there is water to be navigated around. Do not come without extra Balls. I had a Great time and I am going back.

Clerk

Been here several times. Pro shop is usually great. Today the girl at the desk did not let me start before a scramble. I know it was 30 minutes before my tee time, but I could have played before the scramble and finished in 3 hours. Not 4 and 1/2. This was unnecessary.

Cold day

Alot of the t boxes needs work. Not much grass there. Some fairways a little bare but that being said fun course to play. Wish people would let you play through, but it was a good day. Will play here again when the grass grows in.

Fun course - great bang for the buck.

This course was selected because of its golf now value perspective. We were surprised when we arrived. It was a fun well kept course that had some interesting twists and turns. Read the course map before you play - we found ourselves aiming for flags that appeared at first to be the target, but were not. I can see playing this course again upon next visit.

Links at Norman

A short course from the tips but small, undulated greens that run at a good pace, add to the challenge. Good lies in fairways with smooth puts is all you can ask for. Definitely worth playing.

Keep them straight

Course is challenging with some tough shots for any player! Narrow fairways requires accuracy and can cause long and lost syndrome! Lots of fun!

Norman , Oklahoma