Red Hawk Ridge

Located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the Red Hawk Ridge golf course offers beautiful panoramic views of Colorado's Front Range and Castle Rock. The rolling terrain causes dramatic elevation changes for a fun, challenging game. It was designed with a traditional links-style layout with large, undulating greens and generous, subtly rolling fairways. The course has many risk/reward opportunities as well as heavy mounding and strategically placed bunkers. With five sets of tees, Red Hawk Ridge accommodates any skill level of golfer. The golf course's landscape is resplendent with lush native grasses and lakes, and several types of wildlife have even made the course their home.
Scorecard for Red Hawk Ridge
Black M: 71.0/135 508 379 174 426 388 181 648 308 364 3376 412 178 374 508 195 528 571 155 533 3454 6830
Gold M: 68.5/124 W: 74.3/146 486 359 181 392 331 165 570 298 338 3120 377 157 345 500 162 465 513 134 512 3165 6285
Blue M: 67.0/114 W: 72.2/141 466 330 157 373 320 144 524 296 308 2918 354 143 335 491 134 435 500 129 484 3005 5923
White M: 64.2/105 W: 69.5/128 435 294 140 337 291 120 486 256 276 2635 313 129 311 426 113 394 458 125 452 2721 5356
Red W: 66.0/114 391 246 122 290 241 102 438 217 232 2279 262 92 269 402 94 343 397 79 419 2357 4636

Year Built 1999
Fairways Bluegrass
Architect Jim Engh (1999)

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Pitching/Chipping Area No
Practice Hole No

Dress code All male players are required to wear shirts with collars.Women players must have shirts with either a collar or sleeves (or both).Tee shirts, tank tops, halter tops and cut-offs are strictly prohibited.

Fantastic Course with a Delightful Head Pro

Well, I'll try and keep this short.

My good friend and I played out here about 2 months ago, and aside from incredible course conditions, million dollar views, and great weather...we did not have a pleasant experience. Let's just say we had a marshal hound us for 5 holes to "pick up the pace" when we literally had a group in front of us on every shot(which I quite literally pointed out to him on numerous occasions). I'll leave out most of the details, but it left the most-sour taste in my mouth I'd ever experienced golfing.

The above said, we called the pro shop while on the course, were notified that we were, in fact, 5 minutes ahead of pace, and that their policy was "if they are on pace of play, stay away." The very nice lady in the pro shop then directed me to the head pro, Bob's, voicemail to tell my story.

Bob responded to me in a day, and we talked at-length about the marshal encounter. He was very apologetic, very receptive to my feedback, and very eager to bring my friend and I back out to give this course another chance.

Boy- am I glad we did!! Red Haw Ridge is a a pretty spectacular layout, with dramatic views and elevation changes. Both times the course was in incredible shape (even late September), and not a single hole is a "throwaway." The staff was incredibly friendly, the food in the restaurant was some of the best I've had at any course in the state, and our overall experience was one to remember.

The course is not incredibly long, and the rough and native areas are not forgiving, but if you can place your tee-shot well, the course is certainly get-able.

The bottom line here: it's a great track, and quickly becoming one of my favorite layouts in the state. More-importantly, a marshal was totally out of line, and the head pro could have done nothing, or made things right. He went above and beyond to make sure our experience was better the second time around, and I'll certainly be recommending this course to my golf buddies as we look to play there more in the future.

If you haven't been out here, it's worth the drive. Even if you are playing bad, the views alone will make up for it. All in all, this is a 1 turned 5 star experience, with a course to match.

solid track

Very nice course with lots of elevation changes. Nice mix of holes. Generous off tees but rough is tough. Greens had been sanded so only disappointment. They rolled nice but were hard to judge especially on chips/pitches.

Will definitely have on my list next time I'm in Denver/Colorado Springs area.

Fun Course With A Cool Setting

This is a fun golf course everyone should play once due to it's pretty setting and elevation changes. The golf course itself is so-so, maintained well but there is so much more that could have been done to make this course awesome. Your average Sunday hack could have done what Jim Engh did given the amazing plot of land he had to work with. (This is coming form someone who likes most of Engh's courses) A lot of boring golf holes, if not for the large changes in elevation that make this course unique they could only charge $40/round.

Winter golf

During a warm spell in the middle of our colorado winter I went looking for an open golf course. After several calls to closed facilities, red hawk ridge said come on out. I found a great last second deal on golf now and joined another single on the first tee for a very fun round. Every hole seemed to be unique and memorable. The greens were in excellent condition for this time of year and putted very well. 3 1/2 hr round. Can't wait to go back this summer.

Nice course, slope although short

I purchased this round of golf on a hot deal on golf now and played on a 65 degree day in December.. Played the last hole in the dark. Overall this course was fair with up and downhill holes. The course isn't terribly long but does pose risk/reward shots. I will play it again and would recommend it.Pace of play was better than most at 4:15 round.

grerate experience

Red Hawk is beautiful and has a lot of character. May be my favorite course in Colorado. Conditions are normally very good and usually great, depending on aeration schedule.

Good Course, nice challenge

Very good course, greens were challenging, fairways in great shape, not too tough in the rough. Look forward to playing it again, especially when the course is in mid season shape.

Great place to send the day.

Red Hawk is one of my favorite courses in Colorado. The use of the flowing hills and peaks is great. Views will try to take your mind off the next shot. But, that leads to tough lies many in the scrub oak or rough. Pay attention to what the designer had in mind on each hole and you in for the time of your life. There are several holes that could be signature holes but 18 is the best. The lake in front of the green will make you think twice about your second shot..Overall great course and I always look forward to coming back and getting even with the course. LOL...I''m about to think its the indian not the arrows Enjoy..

Red Hawk

A little expensive but course in great condition and lots of terrific scenery.

Red Hawk is one of the best in Colorado

If you don't play anywhere else play Red Hawk, the course, the staff, the conditions, the deer walking around.

Course in great condition

This is a Great Course and Great value. any Golfer can play this and the Greens are in good shape for this time of year.

High quality home course

Red Hawk Ridge is one of 4 excellent courses available to play in the Castle Rock area. By far the best course for the money and condition. With 4 sets of mens tees this course can play to all skill sets.. The condition of the course is excellent as it usually is in late summer.

A Ride on the Ridge...

Last time I had the pleasure of playing Red Hawk was back in the early '00's, a few years following their opening. After playing yesterday, I was pleased to see how the course has matured, especially around the green surrounds. F U N design which is pretty much the norm for Jim Engh, course architect. Friendly off the tee with more than a few dramatic tee shots, fun, fast greens and a nice framework from the fairway and green-side bunkers. More 'Mountain' golf than most in the high country, so a great break from the Denver norm and highly recommended! A+

I have never written a review on golf now. I live in Dallas and took a trip to Denver. I booked this course just out of pure luck...just picked a place. WOW. for the price I paid I feel like I robbed the course. Obviously me being from Texas I wasnt used to the beauty of the area. The course was in excellent shape. The course was beautifully designed. If you are looking for a very nice course in the mountains for a fair price... this is it.

A Day Well Spent

We had a beautiful day to play, and the course shined. Good variety of challenges and our foursome of high handicappers never felt overwhelmed. The course was in great condition and the staff was friendly. Lots of elevation changes and nice views of the mountains and of course, nearby Castle Rock.

Always Fun and In Great Shape

I grabbed a GN time for yesterday afternoon and drove out to play solo yesterday. They weren't terribly busy so I was able to go off solo. Young guy in the pro shop was extremely nice. Played through a few groups and got done with the front in an hour and 15 min. Got a little slow on the back but I was playing great and it was gorgeous out. I've played this course more than any other in CO. I always enjoy it and with the afternoon GN times, it makes it much more affordable than the typical $72, which I prefer not to spend. A drive from Denver. But course conditions are fantastic.

Fantastic vistas

This was our first time playing Red Hawk Ridge. Tee time was around 2:30 pm, it threatened rain, but we only got some wind gusts and a few sprinkles. The course was in excellent condition. Riding is a must because of all the hills. It seemed like a lot of the holes were downhill, which made for beautiful views! Panoramic views, we even saw deer in the scrub brush. I'm a 24 handicap female and the whites were good tees for me. Hope to play here again!

Outstanding Course

Red Hawk Ridge is an outstanding course. Every hole is distinct and very interesting. There are huge elevation changes throughout. There are some very challenging holes including a 650 yard par 5 and a 530 yard par 4 (holes 7 and 15), but there are quite a few easy holes to make up for it (1, 2, 16). There are also a couple great risk/reward holes (8, 18). A few of my favorite holes were 1, 4, 14 and 18. Easily one of my favorite courses that I have played in Colorado. The conditions were great and the greens were pretty fast. The pace of play was excellent for a Sunday afternoon.

Great Day

This is a fun course, in great shape. Lots of elevation changes, gorgeous views (esp on the back 9). Not a back breaker, but plenty of chances to find trouble with a errant tee shot. A real favorite.

Red Hawk For The Win

Had a great time at Red Hawk this weekend. First time playing the course, and we will definitely be back. Got stuck behind a SLOW foursome, but still turned out to be a great round.

Parker, Colorado