1 reviews

Riding

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis, Squash

Discrimination: Racist vs Caste You Judge

My hotel called and spoke to the course to arrange for me to play there during my brief visit to medillin. upon arrival by taxi i will add upon entering the front desk staff asked me for a hotel card which i confess i did not have. I was not fluent in Spanish so a man was called who approached me very rudely. He insisted i had no place to be there and refused to hear that my tee time had been prearranged. I was aware of the private status of the golf club but did not expect to be treated so inappropriate after trying to explain my reasoning for being there and producing my passport which was the only prearranged requirement. I was told that i could not golf without explanation and they would not even call me a taxi but handed me a piece of paper with the name of taxi service! I titled this review specifically because i could not reasonably come to grips with why i was being treated so rudely! Was it because i was not a rich Colombian was it because i was an American specifically an African American i just could not figure it out! Well i get a call from my hotel saying they recognized a mistake was made and i should return. Really? So i am passing this information on so you are forewarned that customer service is not based on your ability to pay but your ethnicity or social status or citizenship! Make your own decision but i have given you my review Avoid!

Medellín, Antioquia