Ashley Plantation Country Club - Hills Course

Red W: 67.4/125 394 118 348 258 452 244 106 258 287 2465 4544
Handicap 10 12 2 6 8 4 14 16 18
Par 5 3 4 4 6 4 3 4 4 37 71

Year Built 1999

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Golf Academy & Indoor Learning Center at Ashley Pantation"
Golf Simulator Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No

Poor staff and course conditions

Overall for the money a great option for golf in SW VA. I am disappointed they've changed the in and out. The staff was very disrespectful and unfriendly. The course was in poor conditions and the fairways specifically were in bad shape. The greens were manageable. I hate this course layout. The par 6 for sure is a lousy hole and demonstrates the bad course layout. The course plays too long for the recreational golfer. Again, biggest complaint was the starter and clubhouse staff. The "Good morning, sir." was greeted with a brief grunt and a look like I just came in from the wrong side of the tracks. Now that unfortunately is par for this course in my 6 trips. PS, the long cut is way too long, if you don't make the sloppy fairways you lose your ball.

Gorgeous day for golf

I was fortunate enough to have booked a round on a day that was unseasonably warm and clear skies. It was windy but it was manageable. It just gave it a bit of a links style feel. The greens looked dry but were actually slower than I expected so it took a little bit of adjusting. Overall, the course is in great shape of this time of year. I was just happy to be playing at all this time of year, much less on a course that's actually in good condition. My only criticism was that some of the more sloped fairways on the back 9 were very wet and had ruts/tire tracks from when people were trying to stop. I'm not sure what you do here but it may be a situation where they have to rope those parts of the course off. All in all, a tremendous value for what I paid on this particularly gorgeous day.

Ashley Plantation 10/17/2013

Girlfriend and I took in a round and played in about 3 hours which is awesome. The course was in pretty good condition for this time of year, even if it wasn't perfect. We played for 9 dollars so I can't really complain. Make sure you hit the ball in the fairway and understand the speed of the greens. The fast greens were probably my favorite part of the day!

Great Mountain Golf

Amazing mountain golf. This course, with the exception of the 10th hole green which has unfortunately succumbed to weather, bug, and drainage issues, is in great shape and excellent value for the money. The club house and facilities are above average and clean. The course has one of the only par sixes in the state at 625 yds from the White tees. It is an easy birdie for a long ball hitter and I reached with an uphill approach from 140 (very elevated green and soggy conditions) with an 8 iron to end with birdie. Also, there is a tantalizing par 3 which has an extremely elevated tee box at 210 yards... play it as 170. I drive 285-310 consistently and this course can be overpowered (i.e. blast past all the trouble) from the whites but well placed fairway woods are the shot of choice on shorter holes. The course is forgiving and challenging at the same time. Many blind tee shots where 'home cooking' golf shots pay dividends.

Excellent, well maintained course & good value

Great course. Very hilly and some long rides between holes. Would be a challenge to walk. Well maintained. Greens were tricky but not overly so. They rolled true...nothing unfair about maintenance or pin placement. Usually not too fond of courses built in planned neighborhoods surrounded by homes. But this one was spacious, had great views, and was not crowded by homes. A truly pleasant experience and a great value with GolfNow rate. Thank You!

course is in good shape and greens are challenging.

Nice course for the money.Not too fond of a few holes for different reasons. A par 6 to me just breaks traditional golf for me.Not a fan of blind tee shots unless its a dogleg so 10 & 11 are misses for me.

Nice Course

Course is in very good shape. We played right after a heavy rain. The course drained well and was very playable within a hour or so after rain stopped. Staff was nice. Great value for what we paid.

great golf experience

nice WIDE fairways, well mown rough that's easy to find ball and hit out of. Big fast smooth greens. This course is in as good or better condition than any public course in the Roanoke valley

Great Shape!

Course was in great shape and very forgiving; staff was extremely nice and helpful (Played Meadows and Hills). Fairways cut well and greens in nice shape.

Staff very friedly.

Staff person Ben was very friendly and I will recommend this course on his professional attitude.

Thick roughs

The roughs are so thick and deep. You cant find your ball until you are standing on top of it. Trying to hit out of them feels like you are going to break an arm.

Had a good time.

Course was in good shape. Needed a little mowing attention. Had a lot of fun playing. We will certainly go back.

Good Course. Greens held well. Fairways in good condition. Rough a medium.

I was paired with 3 other goflers from out of town and we had a great day! Of course shooting under 80 is always a great day for me.

Many beautiful vistas made for a nice afternoon of golf.

The course is in above average condition except for the bunkers. Many of the bunkers were washed out or not maintained; the ones that were maintained were rather hard packed. The course is very hilly with many blind shots; but had quite a variety of hole routings to keep your interest throughout the round. The greens are large, fast, very undulating, and fun.

Great Value for the money

Paid $ 28.00 for two on a day that was suppose to rain and never saw a drop. Beautiful weather and course in good condition

marshy ground water on 4th or 5th hole

there needs to be someway to provide, to drain this excess ground water off the fairway!

Good quality for this area

This is right up there with the top courses in the Roanoke Valley

Good course in good condition

Have played this course a few times and never seems to disappoint. Not in excellent condition but among the best public courses in Roanoke.

Residential golf with "elbow room"

One of the few residential courses I've played where a hacker like me can play without too much worry as to slicing into houses.A beautiful course with beautiful mountain views. Bring your big guns-- there's a 625 yd par 6, all uphill. some casual water after heavy rain. Looking forward to next game here!

This course is in good shape and very enjoyable.

I must say that the course was in great shape except for some of the greens which need some major attention. I also enjoyed the bargians that we found at the pro shop which my Nephew could not believe since he is a member of a private course and told me that he would definitely come back to play.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019