2.6

Legendary Oaks Country Club

Year Built 1969
Architect Leon Howard (1969) Jay Riviere (2000)

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hello, Earredondo02. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hello, agmatt5488. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Very disappointed

I use to golf this course regularly and it has been in decent shape. I went a few months back and the greens were pretty bad. This time when we went it was the worse I've ever seen them and probably my last round of golf out there unless they can get something majorly done about the atrocious greens. Price went up and the quality of the course went down so not sure how that is possible. Please get it fixed as I love to golf this course but I refuse to play on greens that have more bare spots than actual grass.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Hi JeremyJ. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Legendary Oaks Golf Course.

Nice small town course

For the cost I think it is great. The greens need a lot of work but seam to get better each week. Not a bad drive from Cypress so we will be playing more.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Legendary Oaks Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Complicated rating...

After reading other reviews, I'm compelled to make a few points. I have been very disappointed recently by this course, and much of the criticism is deserved right now. But the conditions we've seen lately are nothing like they have been for most of the years I've played this course. This was due, at least partially, to a huge influx of golfers from courses that closed in other areas, making pace of play intolerable, even on weekdays. My last trip out was much more like what I consider normal for this course. And there was great improvement even in the past few weeks.

This is no t somewhere you'll find visiting pros, but it is very economical and an interesting course. If your game is in shape, you can tear this place up. But there are a number holes that require some skill to navigate, and a couple of par fours that are just plain nasty. There is also two short par 5s that will be happy to give up a birdie but, make one mistake and you've likely doubled!! The staff is extremely helpful and friendly and, once the rest of the area courses open up, the opportunity for a leisurely round will return. My brothers and I frequently play a four ball scramble for fun, and have done so often without having to play through anybody or even allow a group to pass.

Give the place another chance in a couple of weeks, and I think you'll be surprised.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Great value on a good course

You can play here for under $20 with cart. Hard to beat on a decent course.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, CKruger77493! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Legendary Oaks Golf Course!

Well Managed Fairly Short Course - Very CoVid Protective

Although some of the greens have some issues, compared to previous experience, the course is still well maintained and fun to play. I can get over the bumpy greens. They will be back looking good before you know it.
I am older and especially appreciate the extra attention they pay to sanitizing their carts and leaving a bottle of sanitizer near the cart pickup area if you want to be sure and go the extra mile of protection. I made my tee time online and the process of paying took only a matter of a minute or so.
It was an enjoyable afternoon for my wife and I. Thanks to the staff for making it so.

Commented on 05/06/2020

Monday golf at The Oaks

Great day at Legendary Oaks with some new golf friends, course is greening nicely with some greens starting to take shape and showing signs of new grass growing in. The putting is always slower that most courses I play and take some getting use to but still fun to play on windy days.

Commented on 04/29/2020

Hello, Zeplen73. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Slow Pace / Garbage Greens

Play something in Cypress, course is in rough shape and crammed with tee times that are not spaces nor managed.

Commented on 04/29/2020

Hi u346477321. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Legendary Oaks Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 04/24/2020

Hello, ncribley21. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Raunchy

Poorly maintained. Cheap, but still a last resort.

Commented on 04/24/2020

Hi mrjoshmason. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Legendary Oaks Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Payed 35 dollars to putt on extreamly sanded. Greens was not worth the money should have been told greens were sanded heavily

Commented on 04/17/2020

Good value course

Pros: fun layout, easy, cheap if you find a deal (I don’t think it’s worth paying the standard price)

Cons:
1. the course attracts a lot of casual golfers who don’t care about maintaining the course; they don’t fill divots, fix pitch marks, or rake bunkers.
2. The actual maintenance of the course could improve all around: seed greens, level tee boxes, and I don’t know what you need to do to fix your fairways but most the people I play with here play preferred lies because they often end up on dirt/mud in the middle of the fairway.
3. I always get the impression that I am bothering the staff if I have a problem; they don’t seem like they want to help.

I play this course often because I can find good deals, but I will always play some where else if I can get it for the same price or even close.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi u038243780. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Legendary Oaks Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Great time

Staff was great
Location is about 30min away
Course had enough challenges to make it fun
Will return again soon

Commented on 04/14/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u023569227! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Legendary Oaks Golf Course!

Legendary Oaks Greens not up to Par.

The club has lost its greens and they need work. Other than that, the course met expectations.

Commented on 04/09/2020

Hello ralsobrooks. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Great for the price

the employees are super friendly. The price point can't be beat. So with that said I would go back and play there as a practice round. The greens still need time to grow (not much grass on them) the bunkers were racked out nice.
Just remember you will get what you pay for here. Your not paying much don't except much, But for me its worth what they charge just to get out and swing.

Commented on 04/02/2020

Hello, Kjerding. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Country course

i enjoy going out to Hempstead to play this course, but unfortunately they greens are in lousy condition. Hopefully as the community grows around it, they will be able to improve the quality of the greens..

Commented on 03/31/2020

Hi u000004588178. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Legendary Oaks Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 03/31/2020

Absolutely Horrible

Not even worth the cart fee. The tee boxes were all over grown and the greens had no green on them. You couldn't even use this course for practice it was so bad. People were actually driving there carts on the greens and tee boxes. It was Horrible and i will never go back. Sad use to be a nice little course.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hi denyyy. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Legendary Oaks Golf Course.

Legendary Oaks Outing

Course is in fair condition with some greens needing grass to regrow , green speed on the slow side but roll true. I have played course several times and have enjoyed playing with different players every time pace of play is good.

Commented on 03/23/2020