Masters at Bear Creek Golf World

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for beginners locals   Challenges include water hazards

"Closing?"

512dfbowman's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

Latest rumor is that course will not reopen. It will revert to use as part of the reservoir.

"Bear creek"

john8293890's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2016

Course was in terrible shape. If I would have known it was the way it was in, wouldn't have paid 35 to play. Carts were in terrible condition, hardly even had a cart path and the fairways weren't any better than hitting in my front yard. Will never play it again

Course Layout: Poor

"Bear Creek Masters"

Nate1358883's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The greens were extremely lumpy and slow. Fairways were in poor shape, considering all the rain we have gotten they should have been in great shape. There are no sand traps and it looked as there wasn't even a first cut of rough. It was either lumpy hard fairways or thin rock hard "rough".

I guess that I had forgotten how bad Bear Creek has become and why I hadn't played this course in over 3 years.

Got started 45 mins late due to backups on 1st tee box, my tee time was 10:00a.

They required me to pay for my 8 months pregnant wife that wanted to ride along with me. They didn't honor the pricing that I book on GolfNow. When I disputed it the lady in the pro shop was indifferent and didn't care. If we hasn't already arranged for a babysitter for our toddler I would have walked away from the course and gone someplace else.

I WILL NEVER PLAY BEAR CREEK AGAIN.

Course Layout: Poor

"Windy day. Hard to say. But I just may..."

u203854431's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2016

Had a good time even with extreme winds. A couple of greens had strange patches through them. And the starters weren't the friendliest people. Cart girl made it around twice in 18 holes, which was good. Fairways were kept up pretty well but I remember a mud-hole on hole 1. Will play again.

"Not good"

Donald2821273's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2015

I was excited to play, from what I read online about this course,<br/> When we got there, the club house was clean, but the guy at the counter was unfriendly and did not know much about the course.<br/> Also I did not know the front half of the course was closed, so we played the back half twice. It did notify me before I placed my tee time. I guess it had been under construction for some time now, from what some of the people around us said.<br/> Any, we were there so we decided to play.<br/> The 10th hole was ok, but after that was Bad...<br/> The rest of the hole were covered with so many leaves, and the overgrown grass that we lost so many balls.<br/> At least they could have done was blow off the leaves from the fairways and greens!!<br/> Dave your money and time and go somewhere else!!<br/> Seriously! There are better courses and for a cheaper cost!!

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Super Marshall"

jclaw10's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2015

Played this course once before and it's not great but it's ok for where it's priced. However, both times I played this course the Marshall has been awful. We actually fell about 20 minutes behind pace because he fact checked our handicap. I'm never playing here again. Just not worth it.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Rough ride and rock hard ground"

Jay4416841's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

The Cart paths are the worst I have ever seen anywhere.<br/> The greens were pretty good for the price. There are several hot spots. That is to be expected with the heat. You can lose your ball just off the fairway because of the high cut. They had the front nine closed and no starter on 10 to manage the traffic at 7:00 am 8 carts backed up!

"Overbookings"

Teehanna's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Got our tee time on GolfNow and when we got to the course, we were told front nine on the Masters course was closed and had to play back 9 twice. We went to number 10 tee box and it was backed up. There were three other teams waiting when we arrived. Went back to pro shop and they let us change courses, but then our price to play the Challenger course was doubled.

"Good value. Took forever."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The front nine was closed, so everyone had to play the back nine twice. The obviously did a poor job scheduling tee times. We teed off at 8:02 and finished the first nine in a reasonable 2 hours and twenty minutes. However the second half took just over three hours. Miserable.

"Disappointed at first"

seanstephens's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2015

My son and I came out yesterday to play the masters. Nobody told us the front nine was closed until we tried to tee off and a man drove up in a cart and said the bridge was out and we would have to play the back nine twice. I was not pleased because of the mis-communication and then the fact that the back nine is in terrible shape along with the greens being sanded. We finished that nine and did not want to play it again so we went and checked out the presidents. Much better!

"to hot too handle"

wannabgol4's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

texas heat wins again. course was fun and challenging, just make sure you get right score card for the course you are playing. also when you see you cart be sure to load up on liquids, she is usually covering 3 courses.

"Had to play Back 9"

hmbaker's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Had to play back nine because bridge is out on front 9

"Keep the maintenance"

uWQAC8736WQ's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2015

i was scheduled to play the masters course, but once again hole 4,5,6 and i think 7 had temporary greens , which aren't greens at all. This course has so much potential but it doesn.t seem like they're in it for the long hall. typically will play presidents or challenger course, for some reason these two courses are decent. for the money from golf now it's worth it, but stay away from the supposedly best course the masters!

"Master at Bear Creek"

Panh9826068's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2015

Front 9 green was horrible with the temporary holes and green...it's alright for the price I guess.

"Bad course with bad pace of play and poor condition"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2015

Disappointed. Very slow pace and poor condition. Worse and worse everytime I play

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Bear Creek Masters - Extremely Disapointed"

grickert's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2015

Wish the management had told us up front that they had temporary greens on the front 9 when we arrived, could have stayed in Katy and putted better in a cow pasture. If the management knew they were that bad they should have closed this course until it was fixed.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"bad condition"

sarwillie's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2015

Worst conditions I have ever seen there. I am assuming the staff is very nice. I am assuming this golf course brings in revenue. I just don't know where the revenue is spent. It is not spent on the golf course.

"temporary green"

Mplsmick's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2015

Disappointing! Three temporary greens. Ridiculous that no one mentions that at the pro shop. Other greens in bad condition. The pace of play was good... probably because regulars know not to play this 18. Carts in bad shape. The wheels continually lock up.<br/> Bigger potholes on the path than the streets of Houston.

"greens are rough"

Bradley9270394's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2015

I have now played this course 3 times in 6 weeks for the value but the greens are in really bad shape. I thought the first time was just because they had aerated but they have only gotten worse since. On one hole they closed off the green and made a temp green that was hard as a rock and 10 yards wide, what a waste of that hole. The fairway grass is inconsistent at best, longer grass in the middle....length you would expect for the rough.

"Needs Upkeep"

srhunsinger's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I expected more when I booked the tee time for the Masters Course. Unfortunately the major complaint I have was the condition of the greens - there were maybe 3 decent greens of the 18 total played. The rest were extremely rough, pock-marked and poorly maintained. One hole even had a tiny temporary green created immediately in front of the normal green! The Masters course looks as tough it had sand traps at one time but these are all now covered in grass. Overall, very poor conditions on this course.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair