Eagle's Bluff Golf Course

2.3

Eagles Bluff Golf Course
Back 72 7000 yards
Scorecard for Eagles Bluff Golf Course
Black M: 72.9/129 343 404 218 470 434 212 500 577 357 3515 158 344 704 337 417 389 225 432 472 3478 6993
Blue M: 70.4/126 327 374 177 432 395 182 477 520 331 3215 154 317 661 317 382 356 181 396 434 3198 6413
White M: 67.7/116 W: 69.5/123 292 340 152 387 361 141 443 479 277 2872 130 282 626 289 364 336 158 380 404 2969 5841
Red M: 62.8/103 W: 67.0/120 282 286 114 349 292 102 326 396 249 2396 120 210 483 242 322 290 114 350 375 2506 4902

Year Built 1992
Fairways Zoysia Grass

Waste of money/time

See the review before mine. We drove an hour and 15 minutes and played on September 2 holiday Sun and the greens were dead. Large brown patches of disease, dirt, sand, and weeds – with little grass - they were completely unplayable. The tee boxes were almost as bad. The lady in the clubhouse was nice - her name was Gina - but it cost us $50 to play for two of us for 18 holes and a cart and I should’ve asked for my money back.

It’s too bad because this course has beautiful bluff views and a nice topography layout. I would not recommend anyone to play this course until these issues are fixed. It’s too bad because this course has beautiful bluff views and a nice topography layout. I would not recommend anyone to play this course until these issues are fixed.

Greens are lost

I’ve played this course several times before but today upon arrival I noticed that the putting green was mostly dead grass and dirt. Unfortunately the rest of the greens were not much better.

The course itself is not bad, just needs some good grounds supervision and some watering in some areas.

Would not play here again until I know the greens have been brought back to life.

Worth the drive

I live in st Charles county and this course was well worth the drive. The course layout was unique and beautiful no two holes we alike. The greens were perfect and rolled fast and smooth. We started after a large thunderstorm that had passed through while it was still drizzling and the course showed no signs of water and still played great.

A hidden gem--priced economically

Challenging but very enjoyable course. Each hole has a different look and made for an interesting round. Great scenery with lots of elevation changes. Beautiful large greens and a lot of fun to play. Hope we can get back again this fall.

review from a former owner of a different course

Great layout, needs more play so he can cash flow the business and keep the course in better shape. One of the best layouts I've ever played... and I've been in the golf business for 35+ years. Support this course! There is only 442 total people in Clarksville so he needs golfers from the NW burbs to make the 30-45 minute drive. WELL WORTH IT!!!! Take pictures, the scenery is assume. All the greens are large, and you are never pressed for time, so you can have fun taking 50-60 yard putts on a couple of the larger greens! GO PLAY HERE!

An Enjoyable Day of Golf

Golfers at Eagle's Bluff have a number of holes with beautiful views, a challenging but not unfair layout, and chances to score with several holes having large greens. Elevation changes, water features, and some links styled holes make this a fun place to play. Golf course manager was very courteous and the fees to play were very reasonable.

Don't plan to play here again

The greens were terrible. We understood it was fall but even for that they were tore up . Before we started no one told us that they were doing work on 14,15,16 greens to where there wasn't even a hole

Hidden Gem

Played twice his week, only wish we were going to be longer. They were in the middle of fall maintenance, but still a great course.They're installing new paved cart paths, and renovating some greens, but views and and interesting layout, more than makes up for it. Normal weekday rates are very reasonable, but the Golf Now discount made it a steal. Staff was very friendly and informative.

Scenic Course

This was my second time playing this course, both times through a hot deal on golfnow. It has grown on me. First, the positives: It has beautiful scenery and views and an interesting and fun layout. It is a fair course that provides an opportunity to score well and makes you think through your strategy on a number of tee boxes. Now, the negatives: A number of greens are in bad shape. The fairways generally need some help, with a couple pretty bad. Yardages are hard to find if you don't have a range finder of your own.

Overall, I recommend this course for the layout and strategy. If you are picky about the course condition this isn't for you right now. If you can cope with some conditions and have a range finder, it's worth your time for a good price.

Fall work was underwway

The course is a great course to play. There was fall work underway so some of the fairways were rough. The only real problem I have is they don't cut the cups on the greens often enough.

Nice course for the price

The greens were shaggy due to the recent heavy rains which made long putts nearly impossible to get close to the hole. Other than snails pace of the greens and the fact that some of the tee boxes were in rough condition, this course was a lot of fun to play. There are lots of elevation changes up and down that make club selection challenging. I thought the course would play longer than it did based on other reviews I had read, but that was not the case at all. I will be back to play again!

Potential

I want to love this course, but..... The layout is fantastic, well thought out and challenging. No 2 holes on this course are the same. It's obvious that when this course was built a lot of thought and hard work were used. I've played there once before and considered the hour drive from STL worth it to play again. In the months since my first time playing the course went to garbage. Fairways were covered in thick weeds and lots. Of bare patches as well. The rough hasn't been cut in a long time. This course could be one of those hidden gems that get you excited about sharing with your buddies, but I will not play it again until they put some work back into that course. It really is a shame, so much potential.

Weeds Galore!

This course has tremendous potential but unfortunately it is almost 100% crabgrass, dallisgrass, and goosegrass. So if you love weeds this course if for you! I don't think they ever mow the tees and the superintendent is doing his best to infest the spongy super thick and soft thatchy greens with disease, as the greens were being watered during the hottest heat of the day and watering during play on a Saturday, interfering with active rounds of play. The greens already had signs of Pythium and it was obvious that the greens mowers were spreading the disease in all directions. Huge disappointment but a beautiful setting.

Paired up for no reason

arrived at course, counted 4 cars in parking lot. checked in , guy said to wait because he was pairing us up with somebody. Why??? there is nobody here and me and my wife prefer to golf alone. so the guy they put with us plays the first nine holes with us. as we are approaching 9 green he takes off for 10 tee, leaving us to play the back nine. never said a word just took off. which was fine with us. as far as the course no course in St, Louis even comes close as far as scenic views. . and regarding lack of maintenance no course comes close

Par 3's have character

Greens roll extremely well. Fun layout. 18 needs work from t-box on. Open course for the most part where wind plays a big part in club selection.

Nice Surprise

The course has recieved a tremendous amount of rain the past couple of months and has a lot of water grass growing in fairways. The greens were in nice shape. This course was a nice surprise, very scenic. Looking forward to play this course again!

A fun round

Not great condition but "country golf" at it's finest and playable. The staff was super friendly and there were some really neat holes to look at and play. The greens are big and were in good shape. Needs more yardages. Worth the drive. Didn't see many other golfers on a nice Saturday afternoon. Played in under 4 hrs. Will play again.

Well Worth the Drive, This Is AWESOME COURSE!

I have to say I was looking forward to playing Eagles Bluff. So I made the long track out there and played it on a Saturday afternoon. Great Staff and I got to meet the owner, Very Nice Man. The course was in Mint shape. And though they had a lot of rain the week before I played it, it was awesome. I played this course from the black tip tees and found it to be everything I could handle. You better be straight of your coming home over 100, for sure. I shot my 3 wood a lot here except the par 5's and stayed in play but had a lot of back to back 3 wood shots on each hole to reach the greens from the back tees. Now if you want to enjoy a round move up to the Blues or whites and you can score way better. I holed out with a 41-42=83 Here from the back tees. I even Birdied the long par 5 on the back, Which is 705 yards from the tips. I hit Driver, 3 wood, 4 Iron 190 yards over the water, and stuck the pin at 7 feet away for a Birdie Putt. My Best hole of golf ever to this day. But know if you hope to beat this course you will have to, and I mean have to hit the ball straight, very narrow fairways, but the greens the day I played here were so soft you could stick the greens. And the greens were in the best shape. Tis course has it all, Sand, water, doglegs, elevation changes all over this layout. The 16th par 3 from no matter ware you play it is breath taking view. And I still think hole 17 from back tees should be outlawed. Is very narrow opening from back tees even the blues is tuff to keep your ball low and not hit the trees here. I highly recommend this course, worth the drive and time to go here I had a ball here, and used every club in my bag. Awesome, Awesome Course. 5 stars, I would give it at least 9 of ten... To me this is not a beginner track, you will loose to many balls here, this course is not for the weak, it's for the people who can play well... Best course in Missouri.

Beautiful Course, not well known about

This course is one of the top 3 in Northeast Missouri that I have played. It's a must play as far as I'm concerned. I've played it several times during the week and have never been slowed down by groups on the course. The course is well maintained and groomed even with all the rain we've had in 2015. It's set on the bluffs of the Mississippi River and has some spectacular views!

Great course!

This course is in excellent shape and is a good test of your skills. The staff is super friendly. The value is as good as it gets in this area. Will definitely play again.

Valid dates: Nov 08, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018