Grand Summit Golf & Country Club

Grand Summit Golf & Country Club
Black (W) 72 6982 yards 80.1 148
Blue (W) 72 6613 yards 78.1 143
Scorecard for Grand Summit
Black M: 74.0/135 W: 79.8/141 538 180 435 417 598 172 358 446 396 3540 463 371 383 180 387 375 546 199 538 3442 6982
Blue M: 72.5/130 W: 78.3/135 513 128 412 405 582 157 346 433 386 3362 430 337 363 170 375 350 514 189 526 3254 6616
White M: 71.0/117 W: 75.9/130 475 123 381 374 570 148 336 409 367 3183 393 321 330 160 352 341 471 169 511 3048 6231
Gold M: 67.0/111 W: 72.0/125 410 107 335 344 525 126 316 354 343 2860 368 291 283 116 305 318 412 142 454 2689 5549
Red M: 64.3/110 W: 68.9/119 370 102 283 316 444 123 280 330 308 2556 320 282 252 112 270 262 402 128 406 2434 4990

Year Built 2002
Fairways Zoysia
Greens Bent
Architect Lindy Lindsey (2002)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Missouri (2015 #4)

This course makes you use every club in the bag.

First time at this course and I was impressed at the overall condition of the course from tees to greens. Understand you’re not playing Augusta National but this course truly is an excellent value. It has lots of slanted fairways and many holes that dog legged. The course is challenging in my opinion especially if your unfamiliar with the course layout and specific shots needed for each hole. We played 18 holes in 3 hours and 15 minutes at 11:30 am on a Friday. Pace of play was excellent. The carts do not have GPS but my iPhone app came in handy. One last thing is this course is best played with a cart. I didn’t see anyone walking. Several of the holes are spread out quite a bit and cart paths snake their way down hills to the greens. Overall, this is a nice challenging course I’d definitely play again!

Great greens, fairway semi-goofy layout

Hats off to the maintenance staff, greens and fairways really nice. Several goofy, close to unfair holes. Number 1 green requires Phil like spin to hold. Number 11 should come with instruction book. Number 14, very unforgiving,, 15 green just silly. Final hole is a good finisher. Does have one of the best practice facilities in the metro. Cart paths will shake your innerds. Worth the $25 I paid but not more.

Poor Course Layout

Grand Summit had a decent practice area. Putting green was ok, and they even have sand to practice your bunker game. I did not go to the range but the yard markers didn't look great when I saw it from hole 16. Hole 16's fairway is absolutely littered with range balls thanks to it being a landing zone for slicers teeing up at the range. The course itself is very gimmicky. Since I had never played it, I had no idea where to hit half my tee shots. The greens were horribly cluttered with divots. I will not being returning do to the odd layout of the course.

Pictures are deceiving

The greens were not in good condition. They werent cut and each green was a different speed. Unrepaired divot marks could be found all over on each green which made for some bumpy rolls. The tee boxes had uneven grass. Scenery was less than spectacular with the run down apartments surrounding the course. I will say that some of the approach shots to the green were fun to play, but overall, I would give this course a 3/10. The staff was very courteous and if the greens were in better shape, I would’ve had a much better review.

The course was in very good playing condition. The tee boxes, fairways and green conditions were as good as the best I've experienced in the half dozen courses I''ve played in the area recently. The rough is growing fast and finding errant shots in the rough may soon be very difficult.

I played my first round at this course as a single, with no others in the group. As a result, I expected to have to find my way around the course and figure out which club to hit, where to aim for and how to avoid hazards. Several of the holes were very challenging because I had no information regarding the distance to the bend in the dog legs or the distance to the creeks or the carry I needed to clear the water. After playing a few holes, I really wished they had diagrams of the hole layout at each tee box, with some helpful information regarding distance to some of the trickier hazards like I often see at most of the other courses I play.

The par 5 on the back nine with the tee boxes adjacent to the driving range was particularly difficult to figure out. Fortunately I was able to catch the group ahead of me while they were on the next tee box and clarify that out that the bridge to the green and surrounding area.was for walking only. My approach shot hit a tree next to the creek so I had to walk a ways to find and play my ball.

The course provides a tougher challenge than many of the courses I play. I will play it again this season, but I will try to play with someone who is familiar with the course or who has a good range finder.

Twists and turns

Sharp doglegs/steep drops/aerated greens made this a challenging day on Grand Summit golf course. Staff were friendly, companions pleasant but playing conditions made the day "difficult." Some putts on normal days would have gone off tilted greens. This day the ball often stopped going down steep dropping greens. But a pleasant track that keeps you guessing with a few holes designed by a sadist.

Great value for a tight & tough course

If you are looking for a real challenge at a great price this is the place. It's a very tough course with speedy greens. If you want a challenge & or a best ball event this is the spot. Hardest course I've ever played & you have to be sharp & ready to play.

It all slopes.

The front nine after hole 2 is kinda meh as the layout winds through an apartment complex. The back 9 is complete nature on a slope with many trees. The greens are good & true. The traps are sizable but the is kinda chunky. Being the end of Nov I'd say the course was in good shape, faded yellow zoysia fairways. For $25 I def recommend this course.

Slopes

Very hilly course and a pleasure to play. Played the blue/white combo tees at 6500 and with all the hills it was a challenge.

Good course

The pro checked us in and was polite, friendly, and gave us lots lf information about the course. Very good experience in the club house. Except for some of the folks in the clubhouse that were trying to check in had arrived late. That is to say right at their tee time and were not happy that they had to wait. Folks please be 15 minutes early before your tee time. The course was in very good shape, the greens had been airyated and sanded in the last 10 days or so and were recovering very nicely. The course is built on a hillside and most fairways and greens have a tilt to them. I liked the challenge and the course was fun to play. Your must think about your game and where to place the shot, and then execute it. Golf!

Stupid course layout!!!

Most ridiculous course layout I've ever seen. Any par 5 where you have to hit driver, wedge, then 8 iron???? Greens were super fast. No argument with that except when pins were placed on slopes of the green and 4 ft from the fringe. My wife hit a 40 ft putt just was about 3 ft short....it rolled all the way back down the hill to her. Stupid! There were at least 3 holes, no matter where your drive landed, it always rolled to the lowest part of the fairway. Staff wasn't very friendly when they learned I booked thru golfnow and wasn't a course member. And I never will be. Course used to be private, I'm sure opened to the public because they couldn't get members. Now I know why.

Horrible pace of play

Our foursome played the front 9 in 2 hours with no waiting. However, there were 2 groups on the 10th tee when we arrived, and it took over 3 hours to play the back 9! It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon, and I had played there the previous Monday with a friend that is a member there (in less than 3 hours total). Waited longest on the 18th hole, the group ahead made no effort to move along. Then the lady's behind us hit one right over our heads, as though we could do anything about it. Lucky we didn't fire back, 3 of us are Pro's. in hindsight, we should have all fired back at least one junk ball.

Great Conditions: Fairways and Greens

Good golf experience in that course is in terrific shape both fairways and greens. I will stress the fact that the course is very, very hilly with some tricky downhill and sidehill lies. Some very difficult approaches to greens that have downhill/sidehill shots over creeks and foliage. White tees a little too long at 6,231 yards.However I will come back and try it again due to the condition of the course.

Great Course. Bad Employees

purchasing a tee time off of golfnow didnt show a single disclaimer regarding this course's dress code policy. Usually paying $20 for a round of 18 holes, I never have to wear a collared t shirt. Fortunately I had a nice work fleece to wear instead. Which seemed to Anger them because I didn't purchase one of their 30 different polos they sell inside the golf shop. Hmmmm good sales strategy

Very challenging course never a flat lie fast greens I love them rolled true

Grandview, Missouri