2.6

Grand Summit Golf & Country Club
Black (W) 72 6982 yards 80.1 148
Blue (W) 72 6613 yards 78.1 143
Scorecard for Grand Summit
Black M: 74.0/135 W: 79.8/141 538 180 435 417 598 172 358 446 396 3540 463 371 383 180 387 375 546 199 538 3442 6982
Blue M: 72.5/130 W: 78.3/135 513 128 412 405 582 157 346 433 386 3362 430 337 363 170 375 350 514 189 526 3254 6616
White M: 71.0/117 W: 75.9/130 475 123 381 374 570 148 336 409 367 3183 393 321 330 160 352 341 471 169 511 3048 6231
Gold M: 67.0/111 W: 72.0/125 410 107 335 344 525 126 316 354 343 2860 368 291 283 116 305 318 412 142 454 2689 5549
Red M: 64.3/110 W: 68.9/119 370 102 283 316 444 123 280 330 308 2556 320 282 252 112 270 262 402 128 406 2434 4990

Year Built 2002
Fairways Zoysia
Greens Bent
Architect Lindy Lindsey (2002)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Missouri (2015 #4)

Potential to be great

Played here on the weekend and was very disappointed to find out only on arrival the back nine was closed. Not only this but the fourth hole is being turned into some sort of housing/buildings so instead of it playing as it usually would it’s been turned into a short and straight par 3. We actually missed on the first time around as the tee box was not indicated nor were there any yardage markers for the hole.
The course itself (what we could play) was in decent condition but none of the bunkers were playable and many holes had pockets of water dotted around them.
Despite getting a “hot deal” on the green fee I think we should have been further discounted or offered a free drink/food for the fact that we could only play 8 of the 18 holes on the course. I do think the course has great potential with a couple of holes having a real “Florida feel” to them but I won’t be returning in the near future while the construction is underway.

Not worth the money.

First off the charged $20 extra for my wife to ride with me after already paying for their green and cart fee. I was from out of town and if I was told this as I was booking my tee time it would not be a big deal, but they waited till after I paid to tell me about this charge! Also the staff was not friendly! He could barley be bothered to tell me any information about the course as this was my first time playing here. The pro shop was empty so me asking a few questions should not have been an issue. The course was NOT in good condition. The cut the grass on hole one close to the clubhouse but after you got past hole #2, the grass and rough areas where out of control. The greens were not in good condition and each one had a different speed due to being cut and rolled different. The course is a challenging layout, not a lot of straight holes but I like a challenging course so this was no issue for me. It’s is not worth the value and the course maintenance team could spend some much needed time giving this course some TLC! I don’t think when I return to the KC area I will come back here... They get a C- for effort!

Unwelcoming staff and slow pace of play!!!

This was our very first time visiting the coarse the staff was very unwelcome, they couldn’t even be bothered enough to tell us where the first hole was! There is absolutely no water in the water jugs they have sat out on the coarse and they allow other groups to jump in front of everybody at holes! We had to pay an additional $20.00 each just for riders in the cart after paying for two cart fees! It feels like your riding a Roller coaster on their cart paths! We will definitely NOT be coming back to this course!

GL RUINED THIS COURSE

A REAL DUMP NOW THAT GL BOUGHT IT RUINED IT AND NOW OVERCHARGE AND TRY AND SUCKER YOU IN TO THEIR MEMBERSHIP!!! BS BS BS!!!!

Great Time Here Corona Good and Cold

Great Course Lots of Fun! Cold Coronas always Good!!!

Always a Good Time Here and oh Yeah they got Corona Longnecks SWEET!

This course makes you use every club in the bag.

First time at this course and I was impressed at the overall condition of the course from tees to greens. Understand you’re not playing Augusta National but this course truly is an excellent value. It has lots of slanted fairways and many holes that dog legged. The course is challenging in my opinion especially if your unfamiliar with the course layout and specific shots needed for each hole. We played 18 holes in 3 hours and 15 minutes at 11:30 am on a Friday. Pace of play was excellent. The carts do not have GPS but my iPhone app came in handy. One last thing is this course is best played with a cart. I didn’t see anyone walking. Several of the holes are spread out quite a bit and cart paths snake their way down hills to the greens. Overall, this is a nice challenging course I’d definitely play again!

Great greens, fairway semi-goofy layout

Hats off to the maintenance staff, greens and fairways really nice. Several goofy, close to unfair holes. Number 1 green requires Phil like spin to hold. Number 11 should come with instruction book. Number 14, very unforgiving,, 15 green just silly. Final hole is a good finisher. Does have one of the best practice facilities in the metro. Cart paths will shake your innerds. Worth the $25 I paid but not more.

Poor Course Layout

Grand Summit had a decent practice area. Putting green was ok, and they even have sand to practice your bunker game. I did not go to the range but the yard markers didn't look great when I saw it from hole 16. Hole 16's fairway is absolutely littered with range balls thanks to it being a landing zone for slicers teeing up at the range. The course itself is very gimmicky. Since I had never played it, I had no idea where to hit half my tee shots. The greens were horribly cluttered with divots. I will not being returning do to the odd layout of the course.

Pictures are deceiving

The greens were not in good condition. They werent cut and each green was a different speed. Unrepaired divot marks could be found all over on each green which made for some bumpy rolls. The tee boxes had uneven grass. Scenery was less than spectacular with the run down apartments surrounding the course. I will say that some of the approach shots to the green were fun to play, but overall, I would give this course a 3/10. The staff was very courteous and if the greens were in better shape, I would’ve had a much better review.

The course was in very good playing condition. The tee boxes, fairways and green conditions were as good as the best I've experienced in the half dozen courses I''ve played in the area recently. The rough is growing fast and finding errant shots in the rough may soon be very difficult.

I played my first round at this course as a single, with no others in the group. As a result, I expected to have to find my way around the course and figure out which club to hit, where to aim for and how to avoid hazards. Several of the holes were very challenging because I had no information regarding the distance to the bend in the dog legs or the distance to the creeks or the carry I needed to clear the water. After playing a few holes, I really wished they had diagrams of the hole layout at each tee box, with some helpful information regarding distance to some of the trickier hazards like I often see at most of the other courses I play.

The par 5 on the back nine with the tee boxes adjacent to the driving range was particularly difficult to figure out. Fortunately I was able to catch the group ahead of me while they were on the next tee box and clarify that out that the bridge to the green and surrounding area.was for walking only. My approach shot hit a tree next to the creek so I had to walk a ways to find and play my ball.

The course provides a tougher challenge than many of the courses I play. I will play it again this season, but I will try to play with someone who is familiar with the course or who has a good range finder.

Twists and turns

Sharp doglegs/steep drops/aerated greens made this a challenging day on Grand Summit golf course. Staff were friendly, companions pleasant but playing conditions made the day "difficult." Some putts on normal days would have gone off tilted greens. This day the ball often stopped going down steep dropping greens. But a pleasant track that keeps you guessing with a few holes designed by a sadist.

Great value for a tight & tough course

If you are looking for a real challenge at a great price this is the place. It's a very tough course with speedy greens. If you want a challenge & or a best ball event this is the spot. Hardest course I've ever played & you have to be sharp & ready to play.

It all slopes.

The front nine after hole 2 is kinda meh as the layout winds through an apartment complex. The back 9 is complete nature on a slope with many trees. The greens are good & true. The traps are sizable but the is kinda chunky. Being the end of Nov I'd say the course was in good shape, faded yellow zoysia fairways. For $25 I def recommend this course.

Grandview, Missouri