Grand Summit Golf & Country Club

Year Built 2002
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Architect Lyndy Lindsey (2002)

Clubhouse, Showers, Locker Rooms

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Missouri (2015 #4)

The course could be nice but between The construction and layout brings it down. They are building the new apartments and having to re-design #4. This will be nice eventually but will still be a while till it’s fixed. There were a couple other changes in the layout that appear temporary but may also be permanent that through off the layout.

Greens were ok, had some areas that needed some targeted work.

Overall, the course was challenging with the many hills and some narrow fairways. .

building on the course

They have built condos along hole 4 which we knew about. Now it's a 120 yd par 3.The new 4th is not yet ready. However really disappointing to see they have ***** up hole 11 and made it a par 3...to speed up play.
Course is now a par 70 with very similar 2 and 11 holes at 120 yds. Awful decision.glad i am no longer a member. .

Undergoing large renovation so short holes

I have played this course for years typically it is in great shape and is typically really nice however they are building a lot of new appointments to the course which has made several holes a lot shorter than normal. The greens were in rough shape, lots of ant hills and beat up.

Fun Course with laid back staff

I loved this course so much i got a membership! its so cheap!!! 120 dollars for my partner and i a month with unlimited golf, carts, driving range, pool, and fitness facilities. The staff is so accommodating and laid back. it was raining on and off when we first showed up to play. we got to hole 3 and it started to thunder. we went back up to the club house and asked if we could come back at two when it stopped raining. It was no problem at all and we just walked back onto the course without issue.

For every golfer!

This course has become my favorite to go to multiple times a week. I’ve been living in the OP area since the beginning of the year and have tried out several courses. Every time I have gone out for a solo round I end up running into a great group of people and just join in with them. The tee boxes are average and the fairways play great. The greens are a tough read depending on the conditions, but a fun challenge. I normally hit roughly 8 over par at this course and I’m telling you that you will not find another course in this condition for this price. Just played at a course that was double the price yesterday and it was in dreadful condition. Just book your tee time and enjoy this course meant for every type of golfer. You will not regret it!

Grand summit

Greens were overall pretty good. Layout was pretty interesting. Pace of play was great. Driving range and putting green were pretty good. I would recommend returning the 11th hole to a par 4 as it was intended. Old guy manning the desk in the clubhouse was very slow. All in all, it was a pretty good experience!

Unusual layout but I found it fun

The only problem was the greens, but it’s early in the season

Construction zone

Great track with several unique holes. Early fall had the greens real spotty but besides that 2 holes were part of new construction and had temporary tee boxes. Not going to have many even stance shots. .

Hole 4 is gone

Hole 4 has been swallowed up by new construction, and there is a temporary hole 4 pitch shot until a new hole is complete. Hole 11 has been converted from a par 4 to a par 3.

Potential to be great

Played here on the weekend and was very disappointed to find out only on arrival the back nine was closed. Not only this but the fourth hole is being turned into some sort of housing/buildings so instead of it playing as it usually would it’s been turned into a short and straight par 3. We actually missed on the first time around as the tee box was not indicated nor were there any yardage markers for the hole.
The course itself (what we could play) was in decent condition but none of the bunkers were playable and many holes had pockets of water dotted around them.
Despite getting a “hot deal” on the green fee I think we should have been further discounted or offered a free drink/food for the fact that we could only play 8 of the 18 holes on the course. I do think the course has great potential with a couple of holes having a real “Florida feel” to them but I won’t be returning in the near future while the construction is underway.

Not worth the money.

First off the charged $20 extra for my wife to ride with me after already paying for their green and cart fee. I was from out of town and if I was told this as I was booking my tee time it would not be a big deal, but they waited till after I paid to tell me about this charge! Also the staff was not friendly! He could barley be bothered to tell me any information about the course as this was my first time playing here. The pro shop was empty so me asking a few questions should not have been an issue. The course was NOT in good condition. The cut the grass on hole one close to the clubhouse but after you got past hole #2, the grass and rough areas where out of control. The greens were not in good condition and each one had a different speed due to being cut and rolled different. The course is a challenging layout, not a lot of straight holes but I like a challenging course so this was no issue for me. It’s is not worth the value and the course maintenance team could spend some much needed time giving this course some TLC! I don’t think when I return to the KC area I will come back here... They get a C- for effort!

Unwelcoming staff and slow pace of play!!!

This was our very first time visiting the coarse the staff was very unwelcome, they couldn’t even be bothered enough to tell us where the first hole was! There is absolutely no water in the water jugs they have sat out on the coarse and they allow other groups to jump in front of everybody at holes! We had to pay an additional $20.00 each just for riders in the cart after paying for two cart fees! It feels like your riding a Roller coaster on their cart paths! We will definitely NOT be coming back to this course!

Grandview, Missouri