Plattsburg Country Club

2.6

Scorecard for Plattsburg
Blue M: 69.7/119 471 265 413 324 446 449 170 517 131 3186 451 144 529 267 532 179 343 161 398 3004 6190
White M: 68.2/115 455 250 391 314 425 390 159 507 114 3005 438 127 507 249 534 153 310 153 389 2860 5865
Red W: 65.9/107 360 235 307 304 402 349 145 449 98 2649 415 101 322 198 344 134 214 119 274 2121 4770

Year Built 1921
Fairways Bluegrass

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Challenging fun course

Plattsburg has it all. big hitters can air it out super tight shots through trees an streams for finesse hitters. this course is not for wimps the course always gives me a workout staff is great an play rarly backs up. It's not really a course for any one who can't break 100 so most players out there r above average

A must play for golfers of all levels who want ENJOY playing.

A bit of a diamond in the rough, as it's been said. A must play for all golfers. It may be in a somewhat "out-of-the-way" spot...this course is an ALL-IN good time!

Plays Once a year

Good for starters

Avg course great staff friendly players had a good time. Would come back

Greens

They were very good shape. And the price to play on a Sunday was very nice

A lot of fun for the price

We played this course for the first time on Sunday and got a great deal-- $10 a person for a 4 o'clock tee time. The greens were in very good condition but the fairways could use some work. I believe they are working on the tee boxes too which made tee shots a little frustrating on uneven ground. We would have finished sooner but we had difficulty following the lay of the course through the first 5 holes or so. It could be marked a little clearer although now that I've played it, I doubt I'd have a problem. It doesn't take much to please me though and I definitely had a lot of fun for the price.

Great for the price

I had read a few snarley reviews on here, but I must say, I was very impressed with this course for the price and would go back. Very friendly down to earth staff, course was in good shape and it was challenging with the numerous blind shots. I can only assume the ones who downgraded this course were the type that wear knickerbockers on the course and try to dress the part but don't have a lick of skill when it comes to golf and instead take it out on the course. It is a five star in my opinion for the price paid. Would much rather play this course for the low rates they charge and relaxed atmosphere than go to one of the higher end courses where even the employees think they are PGA material and pay for a long day of miserable slow play of golf at a premium absurd price. Thumbs up to you Platte City CC !

Beautiful course with all the trees.

I really enjoyed the course. With several blind shots and the challenge of the course I would recommend it to my friends.

Nice course for the money but the fairways need water.

Greens are in good shape but the fairways are beginning to burn.

Nice small town CC Course.

Teas and fairways were hard. The greens where soft and in great shape! You can really hold the ball on these greens. Well defined yardage maker are needed. First timers on this course will have a hard time with yardage with out a range finder.

Pretty course with a lot of blind shots

I went out and played by myself yesterday. It only took me about 3 hours to complete the course. The things I liked about it are there are a lot of par 3's and 5's, the fairways are well maintained, and it was challenging. The things I didn't like were that there were too many blind shots (having never played there it made it very difficult) and the greens were pretty small. For the price I payed through golfnow though, it was well worth the money.

Course has some challenging holes with blind tee shots

Overall the course is in good condition, Greens 1 & 4 need some attention. need some drinking water on the course, I did not see any jugs of water.

Beautiful hilly course with trees and creeks.

Very few sand traps. Only two tee boxes per hole. Several greens having minor trouble with disease around edges. Rental carts in good condition.

This is not a Course I would Recommend

We were looking forward to getting to play Plattsburg Country Club. Instantly those ideas changed. After the first 4 or so holes we realized that the course conditions were extremely poor, and there is truly no guidance or course etiquette observed by any of the members. They zoom around--not really concerned with whether or not they get to play 18 holes. THis course desperately needs a marshall that governs play. We were playing on a Saturday, which I would feel warrants a Marshall. The course conditions were desperately needing help. I realize that this part of the country has experienced quite a drought, but our foursome played golf for 4 days straight around this area, and Plattsburg by far was the worst course we saw. Also, the setup of this course is such that you may as well not worry about knowing where you are hitting. Nearly every hole has some form of blind shot, whether off the tee or on your shots into the hole. With our group not having local knowledge, we were incredibly challenged to know what shot to play, what clubs to utilize, and overall really led to this being an overall bad experience.

Absolutely Awful

On the bright side, the staff was lovely, extremely friendly and helpful. But other than that, I would've rather spent my time playing Tiger Woods on Xbox. This wasn't even a golf course, it was like a giant field of grass with greens (if you can call them that) randomly placed around it. Too many holes stuffed into too small of an area that led to several extremely dangerous holes. There were no fairways, it was literally just rough cut a tiny bit shorter. Greens were in horrid shape, and were basically like bunkers. Not to be a huge jerk, but I don't think anyone could pay me to go back here. Don't waste your time, it's cheap, but you're better off saving your money and going to the driving range than playing here. Sorry Plattsburg, your people are awesome, but your golf course blows.

This course needs some rain.

I liked the course and would play it again. Hole number 3 is strange. I hit a draw and actually had to aim over a road to get the ball in play. So had had to wait on the traffic. Other than that it was challanging. We are in the middle of a drought so the rough is non existant. Greens putted very true. Can't wait to play it again. The price is great. Good Value.

Valid dates: Nov 08, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018