Cheekwood Golf Club

Blue 33 2623 yards N/A N/A
White 33 2355 yards N/A N/A
Red (W) 33 2052 yards N/A N/A
Yellow (W) 33 1702 yards N/A N/A

Situated in the heart of Franklin, the Cheekwood Golf Club (formerly known as Fairways on Spencer Creek) is conveniently located only 20 minutes south of Nashville. This popular layout has been ranked as one of the top 10 nine-hole golf courses in Tennessee. Despite being a shorter course, the layout still offers several holes with water hazards and sand bunkers. The tight fairways and rolling terrain also require a fair amount of accuracy. The course has enough challenges as well as enough variety throughout the holes to make it a fun round for more skilled players, which also makes it a great place for beginners to get some practice. Being that the round is usually quick, the golf course is a popular choice for golfers looking to get in a quick round after work.

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for 9-hole rounds locals seniors   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens narrow fairways

"Fun Track...Friendly Staff"

GOLFPSP's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Last minuted decision to play. The price helped seal the deal ($24 online). After all the rain, the course was in good shape. Good mix of fun and challenging holes - the par 4s were pretty long. The staff was friendly & helpful, which is a nice way to start.

I'm going to replay next time. Met the actual owner on the way out, who mentioned that improvements are coming. I'll definitely come back next time I'm in town.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018

"Not a bad practice course"

SteveS79's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

The course has no par fives (par32) but the holes are all regular length. Some greens were in poor condition but others were ok. The fairway grass was in good shape, allowing good opportunities for shots to the greens. Overall a nice place to work on your game or take a youngster to play without a ton of people pushing you because the course is over-booked.

"Construction"

Josh1802856's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

The course is under construction and is now a par 3 with 2 remaining par 4’s. The price should be cut in half. $45 to play 18 holes on a very short par 3 course with rough greens and massive construction is unacceptable.

"Good Round of Golf"

CarlEppler's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2018

Course was in good shape despite all the rain this past few days. Staffcpurteous and helpful. Very nice layout soon to be lengthened. Great course for all levels.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/11/2017

"Nice Folks"

Hoggmiester's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

The people that work there and the people you golf with are very nice. Great value for the money.

"Enjoyable"

Hoggmiester's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017

Super nice folks there. A good value if you just want to get out and have a quick little short round of golf for a great price.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

"Fun, short 9"

Michael6100655's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017

9 hole course. Good little course to get in 9 holes at the last minute. Not a typical layout (par 32- 2600 yards from the back tees), no par 5's and more than enough par 3's. A couple par 4's were nice and challenging with narrow drives. Again, it's a fun course to get out a play when making a last minute tee time but wouldn't recommend it for 18 with your golf crew.

"Worst experience ever"

William5397150's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

I won a free voucher for two free 9 hole rounds good for a two some. When I called to book a Saturday tee time the gentleman told me it had to be after 10am since it was a coupon, no problem. I booked the 10am tee time. When I arrived with my brother in law there was a lady working and she decided that because it was Saturday she was not excepting the voucher, even though she could see my tee time. She asked who told me I could use it on the weekend and on "Their" coupon it clearly said you can play on the weekends as long as the tee time is after 10am. She told me she would take both vouchers and honor what the gentleman told us the day prior. She kept making comments as we were purchasing balls, drinks etc and then said " actually it's Saturday I can only do these vouchers for one of you and the other person will have to pay $49.

I told her you are totally contradicting what you just said 2 minutes ago? I said 1st you're going to honor it now you're going back on what you said, I told her she was ridiculous. She then told me she wasn't arguing and she would honor it. I put my drink and balls back and said thanks. The course was only a nine hole but had 5 par 3's. The greens were ate up with some kind of what appeared to be mold. The condition and pace of play was horrible. I jut happened to be visiting the area from NC. This was by far my worst experience I have ever had at a golf course

Commented on 08/03/2017

Thank you for getting in touch with us about your concerns. I am the lady who helped you that day, and I regret the issues you experienced when you visited our course. As the General Manager at Cheekwood, I do my best to help everyone in every way that I can.

With this particular coupon, play is allowed only after 10 a.m., and I was simply checking to make sure that it was 10 a.m. when you presented it. You told me that the gentlemen you spoke with about these coupons indicated that you could use both the coupons for 18 holes for two people. This threw me off for a moment because it states on the coupon that they are only good for one 9-hole play per twosome, and only one certificate may be used when two players are playing. In other words, the coupon is only good for one person's 9 holes, not both.

My staff knows this, and that's what I tried to communicate. I am sorry if I did not do a good job explaining how the coupon works. However, it’s important to us that our customers are happy, and I honored what you told me in the end.

We appreciate your feedback because we are continually working to improve our course and our service. Unfortunately, when we took over Cheekwood Golf Club two years ago, we inherited a course that was seriously dilapidated and needed a lot of work. We are working daily to get it back to top standards.

If you have an opportunity to come to Franklin again, I invite you to return to Cheekwood. Please see me personally as I want to make sure your golf experience is top notch with us and that you enjoy your play on our course.

We appreciate all feedback and we will do our best to make things right for you in the future should we have the pleasure of you visiting Cheekwood again.

Carolyn Perez

General Manager

Cheekwood Golf Club

"Not worth the money"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2017

Course is is poor shape. Recently punched greens in the middle of the golf season and pro shop did not tell that upon booking tee time. Staff was rude. The only thing this course has going for it is the pace of play. That's it

Course Layout: Poor

"Nice People, Terrible Price, Terrible Greens and Rough"

Age:  Under 25

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2017

The good about his course, Great staff and an amazing setting to play golf in, it honestly does look like a top notch course from the first tee, and then you meet the rest of the course. I give them the fact that they are the only Public course in Franklin, other than Forrest Crossing which is always slammed, however they could do a much much better job of maintaining this place. I’ve played here 4 times in the last two years and every time the greens are in the same awful shape they were in the time before, so many spots where your basically putting on sand instead of grass and the drainage on a lot of the tee boxes is so bad that when you place your ball on the ground it gets coated in mud without you even having moved it. The rough looks like it never even gets cut and if you hit one in the first cut, you’ll probably spend a good five minutes trying to find it. As far as pace of play goes the regulars act like they can just play like no one is behind them and they will look at you standing on the tee and just laugh. I honestly waited ten minutes standing on the tee box at one point because the guys in front of me, who I had seen before and had already made us wait on the first tee, were hitting multiple shots and trying to work on there swing when they had three groups behind them playing at a normal pace and they didn’t care. On top of all of that they charge a ridiculous rate for nine holes two players cost us $80. If this place took care of their course on a regular basis and did a better job of regulating extremely slow players it would be one of the best nine hole courses in the state, but unfortunately it just seems like they don’t care.

"Go somewhere else"

Jeff4820497's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017

The staff is extremely rude they act like it's a privilege for you to be there they hate people who book through GolfNow and are not afraid to show it the course is not in very good shape but the carts are awesome

I would give zero stars if it was available for staff friendliness I actually steer people away from this golf course because of that

I'll never play here again I play a lot of golf and I'm not a bad golfer my handicap is 10.4 I love the game enjoy the scenery and have fun every time I go except at Cheekwood!!!!!

Commented on 08/01/2017

I am very sorry to hear that your experience was bad to say the least. I hope you can give us a second chance and we would appreciate some understanding that this course was dilapidated for many years before we took over. We are improving daily and wish you could have seen it before the take over. Again we apologize for any misgivings.

"Amazing Course, Incredible Value"

SydRaines's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

The shape of this course rivals that of the expensive private clubs. The greens were fast, and the layout is varied. The carts are very nice with heavily padded seats and GPS. Look forward to playing here regularly!

"9 HOLE PAR 32!"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

This was my first time playing the course and maybe I should have done more research while booking the tee time. I saw a hot deal for a 4 star rated course and didn't think twice. Overall the course was in good shape and enjoyable to play but be warned it is only 9 holes you play twice for 18 and it is a par 32.

"Great fairways but carpet greens"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017

The fairways were maintained well. The staff were friendly and I enjoyed the towels along with the touchscreen gps in the carts. The only drawback were the shag carpet greens. They were bumpy, had large brown spots, and no continuity of speed. If the greens improve it will be a very enjoyable nine hole course.

prattmp's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2017

"Great Little Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/26/2017

It's only 9 holes and I wish they had more! Very nice people, and course is well maintained. You can even tell that a lot of care is taken by the golfers to keep it that way. (As all golfers should do) new carts with GPS and electronic score keeping. Great value - I'll definitely go back.