Mountain Valley Country Club
Scorecard for Mountain Valley
Blue M: 75.8/129 416 535 225 398 338 472 382 338 183 3287 430 390 532 349 179 440 350 200 385 3255 6542
White M: 73.6/126 W: 72.6/124 387 450 191 387 324 460 369 327 144 3039 415 376 519 334 166 423 334 170 356 3093 6132
Red M: 71.0/122 W: 70.5/120 336 430 148 282 297 342 290 283 108 2516 347 307 446 320 115 407 315 121 270 2648 5164

Year Built 1964

Had great time ! Loved the golf with burger deal!

We enjoyed our rounds . Liked the course layout. Beautiful course. Lots of trees and they provide lots of shade to cool you off . Our greens fee even includes a free burger., super sweet deal! The fairway is as good as any other high dollar course. The greens are working in progress. We highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a great burger and great experience with casual golf.

Not so much

Staff was friendly. The golf cart was great. The greens were awful and the fairways were worse (Johnson grass and one even had some St. Augustine grass).

Incredibly disappointed

I don’t know what to really say other than the course is in very poor shape. The greens were hardly green and the greens did not roll smoothly. Overall a disappointment.

Almost there

The layout was challenging and enjoying, the surroundings and atmosphere and layout of the course seemed warm and inviting each hole with a different nuances. The finesse something the trees hanging ove The layout was challenging and enjoying, the surroundings and atmosphere and layout of the course seemed warm and inviting each Had its own challenge but yet allowed people coming from the left or right hand to attack the greens. The only downside of my round were some very dry patches on the greens but I’m sure once a few more weeks in the season go on will be worked out. All in all a great course great value people very friendly lunch service closes pretty early so I wasn’t able to get any food. But I’ll try her next time

it's getting there

Personally I liked the course over any other course nearby in term of layout and pace of play. It's rough in the past but it's getting much improved lately. People need to come out and support this course since it is the oldest course in the whole region and we shall preserve it.

Great place for locals

Played there today, it is really nice. Apparently the course had some water damage from last heavy rain but it’s pretty dry except a few spots. But it’s not a big deal. The front desk guys are very friendly and new proshop has total redone very nice and modern. Course is getting much improved since last year. I can see this place is coming back. People live nearby shall come and support this course. It is the oldest one but also the most beautiful course compared to other municipal course. Will definitely come back more.

Wait

A ton of water is a hard thing to come back from. Good luck in the future. You have a nice layout.

Simply awful

I've been playing golf for 54 years. This course is a solid contender for the worst course I've ever played award.
Where do I begin? Greens with large dead patches and what little grass remains obviously not mowed in days? Fairways with tall weeds, also not mowed in days? Tee boxes looking like the rough might look on a better course? Or how about the dam holding back their biggest pond severely undermined at the spillway and looking ready to collapse?
On the plus side, the carts are like new, the good Yamaha gas carts, plenty of power.
Someone needs to close this barnyard for a couple of years and sink a few million into it.
Until then, avoid.

I will come back again

This is my first time since the ownership changed hand. I truly enjoy my round of solo golf. The new proshop is fantastic and course condition is in much better shape compared to the last time I played. I highly recommend this place to the beginners and advanced players. This course is most beautiful course in this area and the layout is the best compared to those high dollar courses. The pace of play is perfect and people , especially the staff, are very friendly. I will definitely come back. Thanks to the new owner to bring back the course for us to enjoy. Well done!

Commented On 05/07/2019

Thank you for the 5 Star Review! We look forward to seeing you at the course again soon!

Lots of improvements...

I used to play this course long time ago then quit after it got in bad shape about 3 years ago. I heard the ownership changed hand in last year and friends told me the course starts to turn around. I didn't give much attention until last week I revisited this place. Oh, boy! Where do I start with? So many changes and improvements both on the course and clubhouse. The clubhouse is modern and completely renovated. I love the way they did at the pro shop and dinning room. The guy in the pro shop is very friendly. The girl at the bar was very sweet. The course is getting way better than I remembered. The greens is still green even it is the winter time. They told me last year they overseeded winter grass . I saw many golfers on the course really enjoying themselves. I'm seriously considering to rejoin the club especially the other club closed abruptly and throw everybody under bus without bothering to tell us anything.

Commented On 05/07/2019

Thank you for the 5 Star Review! We have worked hard to improve both the course and the clubhouse. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
-Mountain Valley Country Club Management

Great place and consider membership

Recommend
Friendly staff and good layout for the players and Still remained rain waters at middle of the fairways. Enjoy playing with friends this morning

Commented On 05/07/2019

Thank you for the 5 Star review and we are happy you enjoyed your round. We have had a lot of rain recently, but look forward to seeing you at the course again soon!

Excellent Course

Loved the layout of this course. I was impressed with the new Pro Shop very impressive. I loved what they are doing. Seems some additional work was being done for water features. I really enjoyed the staff they were very thoughtful. My brother in law and I ate lunch after our round and wow. We loved it we will definitely be back.

Commented On 05/08/2019

Thank you for the 5 Star review! We are happy that you enjoyed your experience at Mountain Valley Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Unfriendly owner

Hardly anyone one the course, but we still had to wait till tee time. Greens were rough with sand and rough , dead places. Unputtable

Commented On 05/07/2019

We apologize for your previous bad experience at Mountain Valley Country Club. The course is now under new Management and we would love for you to give us another try. We have been working hard to improve both conditions on the course and the clubhouse!

Commented On 05/07/2019

Thank you for the 3 Star Review. The course is now under new Management and we would love to have you come give us another try. We have been working hard to improve the course conditions. This time we hope to provide a 5 Star Experience.

Mountain View GC

Course is in barely playable condition. Greens aerated recently, so may improve. Fairways passable, but bounce is unpredictable. Club house was in very bad shape; but is to be renovated soon. I was told there is a new owner & she plans many improvements. I will play again in a month or so.

not worth any price

the fairways are pasture. they were not mowed. also many grasses and weeds were mixed in. also the greens were very poor. spring weed grasses and no grass made it impossible for a ball to roll true. a driving range would have been a better value. also a much better use of time. the only thing redeeming is that since nobody wanted to play here, it was a very quick solo round.

Commented On 05/07/2019

We apologize for your previous experience at the course. Mountain Valley Country Club is under new Management and we have been working hard to improve the conditions of the course. We would love to have you give us another try and we hope to provide a 5 star experience this time!
-Mountain Valley Country Club Management

The fairways were more than fair.

I shot my best round at MVCC ever, and the Good Lord blessed me to keep from going into shock. Play was slow at times, but there was a scramble and just a lot of folks out playing and enjoying the day. There are always times the views from different holes just make you stop, look and thank the Lord for what you are fortunate enough to see of his handiwork at Mountain Valley. I'll shut up now!

Commented On 05/07/2019

Thank you for the 5 Star Review. Mountain Valley Country Club is under new Management and we hope to see you at the course again soon!

Could be a great course

This course has been going down hill for a long time. I play it once a year just to check the conditions. I'm told it sold about a month ago , so hopefully it will take a turn for the better. Fairways had not been mowed and the greens were the worst I have ever played on. Evidently they never tarped them in the freezing weather, because there is no grass , only weeds. Hate to dog the place , but I'm trying to be honest so people will know what they are in for. Pro shop staff were very nice. Hope the new owner is able to turn things around.

-Mountain Valley Country Club Management

The course is getting better.

The course is shaping up. The greens are rough but not too bad. For the hot deal price i will keep playing there.

Commented On 05/07/2019

Thank you for the 3 Star Review. Mountain Valley Country Club is under new Management and we would love to invite you back to play the course again. We have been working hard to improve the course conditions. We hope to provide a 5 star experience next time!
-Mountain Valley Country Club Management

Course layout is nice . Greens are rough.

I met the new owner , she seems real nice and want to get the course back into better shape. Greens need a lot of work and a lot of mowing everywhere else. Other than that it could be a real nice course. We enjoy playing there . It's kinda pricey but the hot deals are nice.

Commented On 05/08/2019

Thank you for the 4 Star review. We have been working hard to improve the conditions at the course! We look forward to seeing you again and providing a 5 star experience!

Burleson, Texas