Type Public/Resort
Style Links

Year Built 2010
Golf Season Year round. High Season: October - June
Architect Greg Norman (2010)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Spa

Litibu demands that you land your tee ball in the fairway.

This course can play long and difficult so picking the right tee box is important if you’re going to enjoy it. We were warned that wind and narrow landing areas can play havoc but with the gentle breeze 6mph and gusts of 12mph just kept us cool. We were also warned that scorpions, crocodiles and coral snakes were known to be in the underbrush. Nobody told us about the biggish hairy monkeys that will cross your path at a gallop. At least I think it was a monkey.
We found the girls in the pro shop quite accommodating when we requested the twilight rate of 1250$ mxn. Rental clubs were acceptable and the outside staff were friendly and courteous.
Course was not under pressure so we teed off right at 1:00pm on the back nine and played in 4 hours or so. At the turn I ordered a cheeseburger and fries which were delivered to me around our 13th hole. Hot and good.
Last thoughts: I prefer this course to flamingos and two of my playing companions thought the course was better than the Norman signature in Nuevo Vallarta.

What a Gem!!

I have to admit that the decision to stay at the Iberostar Playa Mita was influenced by having this course sitting on its door step. It did not disappoint!!!
When staying at the Iberostar you get a special rate of $59.00 USD. What a deal!!
Sure the off course amenities leave a bit to be desired. What you do get is an amazing track that plays very fair.
Give me a course that gives you ocean views with a beverage cart that makes their way around every 3 holes..... all I can do is call it heaven. We played twice during our stay. Wish I could have played it more!!!

This is a wonderful course

It has been a wonderful experience to find this very unknown course. Its has a state of the art design and very high maintenance standard

Libitu lost in the shadow of Punta Mita

Libitu might be Greg Norman's best work. Norman's old Doonbeg Golf Club in Ireland was beautiful but that links had a couple questionable holes. Libitu - just 10 minutes away from the famous Pacifico and Bahia courses at Punta Mita - is pure from start to finish. I gave it five stars because of the surprise factor. Few golfers have heard of this spectacular course. It opened in 2009, hosted a Canadian Tour event in 2010 and kind of fell off the radar. It operates like it's still in its infancy stages. Our check-in at the tiny pro shop wasn't exactly efficient. The rental clubs were older than me (not really). From the third tee on, though, Litibu deserves nothing but praise. The ocean is a stunning backdrop for the par-4 third, par-3 fourth and par-5 18th holes. The 17th is a bit of a conversation piece. The short par-3 plays to a wild green. A pin tucked in the back left is a completely blind shot over the jungle and palm trees. I think it's a fun change of pace, just like the entire round.

Commented on 11/23/2016

Love this course!
A must play if your in the area.
Will not cost u a leg n arm to play.

Punta Mita, Nayarit