Type Public/Municipal
Scott Schreiner Municipal Golf Course

Year Built 1932

Snacks

Clubhouse

All around good place to play

Well kept clubhouse and clean restrooms. Updated carts. Driving range is just okay but it’s a driving range and perfectly fine for a warm up. Tee boxes are in great shape, fairways are in good shape. Very playable. Rough is a lot of hard pan but also playable. Greens are in excellent shape but could tell they needed rolled the day I played. Pretty slow but rolled accurately. Rough around the greens well kept. Overall a really nice par 70 course that I’d be happy to play again. $45 on a Saturday is well worth it.

the scorecard and the course layout book did not reflect distances accurately.....considerable difference

Worst game ever

I have never written a review of a course before, but I felt the need to write one for this course since it was the worst golfing experience I've ever had. I've been playing this course for years. My dad taught me on this course and I've bee teaching my children on this course. From now on I will not be using this course any longer as the management has obviously taken a turn for the worse. The 1st problem I had was booking. Although they were listed as a hot deal on the golf now app, they refused to honor it and said they would be removing themselves from the app. I figured whatever and booked anyway as I wanted to play with my two boys who are beginners. We wanted to start at the driving range to get a little bit of practice. We had our balls poured out on the grass and were about to start when the staff decided it was a good time to fertilize the field which they said would just take a few minutes. Well it was taking a really long time and the guy doing the fertilizer ran over our balls and sprayed fertilizer all over them. So we abandoned that idea and went to gontee if as it was almost time. My 3rd agitation was at hole 1 because nobody told us the flag had been removed. For those unfamiliar with the course the 1st hole goes down a hill so after your out of range you go back real quick and raise the flag to alert other players they can tee off. So after waiting several minutes we drove over the hill to see the hold up to find out that the players in front of us were long gone and the so was the flag. After that play was normal and since I'm no pro by any means and my boys were beginners we let a couple groups play through. All was good until hole 5 when on of the staff was following us and pushing us. Obviously they had booked their T times too close together. Then I believe it was hole 7 that a player behind us was screaming "get off the green" at the top of his lungs. I looked over and although my boys were close to the green on the cart, they were definitely not on the green. I did tell my boys not to drive so close and then I went and had a conversation with the gentleman with the large lung capacity. He quickly apologized. Then as I'm heading back to meet with my boys, a staff member claiming to be the superintendent speeds up and starts lecturing me about not driving on the green. The player I just spoke with even came over and apologized for calling me in and said he actually wasn't positive, but the superintendent just kept on lecturing me over something that didn't happen. This of course cause a further delay on the course that already apparently overbooked. So now he wanted us to skip hole 8 since he wasted everybody's time and come back to it after hole 9. I was like whatever, I'm just trying to play some golf with my kids. So we did as instructed and then came back to 8. As we were about to T off an outraged player comes up yelling and screaming about how we skipped. I informed him we were doing as instructed by management and to take it up with them. We went ahead and let him play through as I was growing tired of his whining and crying. A couple balls might of come close before he cleared the green, lol. So we finally finished and I was mentally drained over dealing with the clowns running this establishment and inadvertantly almost getting me into a couple of fights. I advise anyone to play at their own risk here. I'll never do it again. I'm 43 and have played alot of golf and this is the only bad experience I've ever had.

Great Day

Slight hiccup when checking in. Clubhouse didn’t seem to have us under reservation. After a quick exchange they had us on our way. Course is in great condition. One issue on 16th green. Great course.

Great layout and public course

The hot deal says that your cart is included and they will fight you on it and will tell you that it has you down as walking. Other than that great course

Everything was in great shape and most areas were freshly/recently mowed. Greens were very smooth.

Great Public Course!

Appealing layout with good balance between distance & accuracy. Bunker conditions need improvement, but greens are exceptional for a public course.

Kerrville, Texas