Type Public/Municipal
Scorecard for Stonetree
Gold M: 74.7/131 465 389 529 190 455 469 456 366 554 3873 347 400 179 444 435 423 210 556 331 3325 7198
Blue M: 71.5/123 404 345 489 171 390 424 418 344 487 3472 326 379 165 385 346 391 178 507 289 2966 6438
White M: 69.0/120 390 333 474 166 380 369 360 330 467 3269 308 370 157 358 326 365 140 484 276 2784 6053
Red W: 72.3/124 346 260 412 162 296 359 297 271 413 2816 277 289 138 295 300 295 95 414 236 2339 5155

Year Built 1970

Carts Yes - $16

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Fivesomes Allowed Yes
Walking Allowed Yes, except on weekends before 1:00pm

Killeen area course

All around great course. Kept up to perfect conditions and pricing is fair. I would recommend this course to anyone. I play this course at least 3-4 times a week.

Commented On 07/10/2019

We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for your review! Come back and visit us again soon.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again sometime soon.

Best municipal course within 60 miles

I have played this course for 3 years. Compared to other courses within 60 miles this course ranks top 3. I have played everywhere between lake travis to waco. The greens are usually as good as you can get. It doesnt feel like a cow pasture like lampasas and other local courses. Great course and pretty challenging. Staff is new and friendly. I would definitely recommend. There is not a better course between Dallas and Austin. When you find those courses you pay much more as well. Killeen Stonetree is a great place.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and share these great comments with us. We're glad you enjoy our facility and the friendliness of our staff. Hope to see you again soon!

Fun course but....

Troubling trend regarding course maintenance since the change of management and course manager. Some of the greens are starting to look pretty terrible. The don’t role as smooth as the past few years. Got stuck behind a group of 5 that didn’t let people play through and then a twosome popped up in front of us in the middle of our round. Hate to see it because this is a fun course to play. Let’s see if things improve over the summer.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you for your review. We're continually working to improve our course conditions. If you have any other comments or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at info@stonetreegc.com. Thank you!

Bad day to play Stonetree

Unfortunately today was not a good day to play Stonetree. They had some junior golfers having a pre tournament round which is not the issue they were allowing the junior golfers to play 5-6 players in a group. At checkin I was told 15 minute delay get to the starter and he tells us 45 minutes. I understand being busy but offering a raincheck or something would be a sign of good customer service but instead I was told you got a good deal on GolfNow. Really? I ended up leaving after nine holes and 3 hours later. Not sure if the new management team is going to be a good thing or not yet for Stonetree.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hello Chris, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. It sounds as though you booked your round with us through GolfNow, therefore any compensation would be handled directly with them. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservations in the future, please visit https://memberships.golfnow.com/faqs/#5a9049535f0f0 or contact 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

very nice layout

Lots of water. Course was overseeded so it looked great.Very far layout and super pace of place. Will go back again. Staff was very cordail

Very nice course, with less trees but challenging water Hazzards. The statrtereas very friendly and welcoming.

I Love Golf

Great course, great layout, plenty of challenge and very fun to play...Greens were incredible, take your time , get good reads, let em roll true..Plan to play here once a month, can’t wait to get back and get revenge on number 18, gorgeous golf hole, but it has my number for now!!! Shot 78 from tips

Commented On 07/10/2019

Wow! Awesome score! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review with us. Hope to see you back again soon!

Fantastic shape

This course is mostly open. Where your biggest challenge lies is on the greens. If your in the wrong spot, 3 putts will definitely come into pkay. These fIrways, as well as the greens are in fantastic condition. There are always great deals to be had here. This course is well worth the money. Whether you pay full price, or get a deal, you wont leave disappointed

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Greens need tlc quick

Greens have gone downhill in a big way. It"s still pretty open off the teebox, but balls don't check up on the greens and there are too many bad patches to putt through. If the greens don't get some tlc quick the summer heats going to destroy them.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Hi countneo73, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Stonetree Golf Club Killeen. We hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best course between Waco and Salado.

Greens need a small amount of attention but over all this course is beautiful and challenging. Some short 5's and some holes with nice water hazards. The course is well kept.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thanks for your review. We appreciate the rating and take your feedback seriously. Hope to see you back playing the course soon!

BYOB and Food

I’ve seen the changes of the course I’ve the last 15 years. Now all you can buy is a snickers and a Gatorade. No food cart on course. The course is well maintained by the staff it’s good to let people know the changes coming. I would sign up for email notifications.

Commented On 02/26/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our course, Stonetree Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course, and we are glad that the improvements we have made are apparent in your experience with us. We are glad to see that you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with us. Thank you for playing our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice local golf course

Not a destination golf course but okay alternative if in the area and need a golf fix.

Response from Stonetree Golf Club on 10/30/2018:
Hello Billy, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Very nice golf course

After nearly 2 weeks of straight rain the course was extremely playable

Best course in the area

This is a city owned and operated golf course that is every bit as good as private/member owned courses. This summer the heat has been extreme with many days over 100 degrees yet this course has maintained green fairways and greens. The daily rate is very fair and tee times are easy to get what you want. The course personnel are friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend this course to anyone.

Valid dates: May 26, 2020 - Jul 12, 2020