Lighthouse Country Club

Lighthouse Country Club
Scorecard for Lighthouse Country Club
Gold M: 72.9/133 402 362 293 425 410 537 141 415 433 3418 546 362 128 366 356 408 180 549 172 3067 6485
Blue M: 69.7/122 379 343 274 372 340 460 126 385 363 3042 516 326 122 334 325 378 161 518 151 2831 5873
White M: 67.2/115 372 304 235 346 313 444 112 341 352 2819 468 294 116 322 298 349 145 474 139 2605 5424
Red W: 70.3/118 334 263 214 321 291 412 87 328 302 2552 441 268 110 232 274 320 122 414 127 2308 4860

Year Built 1968
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Tifeagle Grass
Architect Leon Howard (2006) Jerry Slack (2006)

Clubs No

Amazing Food 11

Nice course. Clubhouse staff seemed to be on a power trip

I booked a 10:30 hotdeal on a Thursday. We got there 30 minutes early and checked in and asked if we might be able to get out early and we were told no as it was part of the early bird deal and we would be paired up with the other twosome who booked the hot deal. So we sat for 30 minutes with no one teeing off. It did not make any sense other than they wanted to punish us for booking a cheaper tee time.

The course is a nice layout and the greens are quick. We are here on vacation and would play the course again but hope someone else is working in the clubhouse.

Best Conditioned Course

You could not find a course in better condition. The greens are unbelievable and the fairways are nearly as good. Play is fairly light so tee times are available and the pace of play is great.

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 09/20/2018:
Thank you for playing Lighthouse Country Club, Terry! We appreciate your kind words regarding the course conditions and pace of play. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.
Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 09/18/2018:
Wow! Thank you for your kind words. Book another tee time with us soon.

Lighthouse

A beautiful course and layout. The fairways were in excellent condition as were the greens and tee boxes. The greens were lighting fast but perfectly manicured. The only fault I might find was with the sand traps. They were so compacted it was like crushed granite.

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 08/07/2018:
Thank you for playing Lighthouse Country Club! We appreciate your kind words regarding the layout and course conditions. Your feedback regarding the bunkers is also very important to us. We hope you book another tee time with us soon.

Played here a few weeks ago, so wasn't planning to do another review, but I wanted to give a shout-out to the pro shop attendant. Seems my GolfNow reservation didn't show up, And, as luck would have it, my tablet with the confirmations was stone dead. But the guy straightened everything out for me and I was on my way. Really appreciate it.

Course is in great shape for how dry it's been. Was absolutely stunned to see the water gone at 16th hole.

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 08/07/2018:
Thanks for playing Lighthouse Country Club again and thank you for leaving another review. We appreciate you giving a shout-out to the pro shop attendant who straightened everything out with your tee time and got you out on the course. We hope you come back soon. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

I have a weekend home in Kingsland and have played Lighthouse several times. The greens are in good shape and smooth & quick. Fairways are good shape and green even in July. I like the layout but prefer the front 9. I would give this course a thumbs up for a Texas Hill country venue. You do a good job keeping it in playing shape during the heat of summer.

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 08/07/2018:
Thank you for playing Lighthouse Country Club! we appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Our staff works very hard to provide great course conditions even in the heat of summer, so we appreciate you pointing that out. Come back soon!

Excellent course!

Excellent course!

Beautifully manicured course with no rush and no wait.

Challenging greens with multiple challenges throughout. Really enjoyed our time!

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 08/07/2018:
Thank you for playing Lighthouse Country Club! We appreciate your kind words regarding the course conditions and pace of play. Come back again soon!

Great local course

The course is in great shape. The grass on fairways is very playable and the greens soft enough to hold your ball when you hit them. I am astonished that they won't take a printed copy of a coupon found online. They'll only accept the coupon if it's delivered to your mailbox?? Seems pretty archaic for this digital day and age - you should be able to show the coupon on your phone and get the cheaper rate! Get with the times!!

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for the great review and we're happy to hear you enjoyed the course. We do accept online coupons with confirmation numbers attached.

Great condition, but...

This golf course is in excellent condition due to recent rains, and the greens are extremely fast and challenging. The scenery is beautiful and the course is very enjoyable, except that the pace of play was very slow with waits on almost every shot. Granted, we were only a twosome, but the threesome in front of us was waiting, too. On the last hole, we saw that the 2nd group in front of us was a 5-some. Who allows that on a Saturday morning?! And with no marshalling on the course whatsoever. During these dog days of summer, pace of play is very important, since we want to get our round completed as quickly as possible to get out of the heat.

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 07/19/2018:
Thank you for playing Lighthouse Country Club! Your positive feedback regarding the course conditions is much appreciated. As for the pace of play, we did have a marshall out there monitoring the pace and everything was moving along at a great pace for how busy we were. We understand that as a twosome it may have seemed slower though. We hope you’ll consider giving us another try in the near future.

Fantastic course

Have been coming out from Austin to play this course since 2012.

Does not matter the time of year, this course is always in great shape. And the scenic veiws are tops.

Definately worth the drive !!!

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 07/19/2018:
Thank you for playing Lighthouse Country Club, Gerald! We appreciate you making the drive out here to enjoy our golf course year after year. See you again soon!

This is a hidden gem in the Hill Country. The fairways and green are usually impeccable and the course is challenging. The scenery is incredible and the staff is friendly. This is a country course...golf cart paths are not cement but still a great course.

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 07/19/2018:
Thank you for playing Lighthouse Country Club! We appreciate you describing our golf course as a hidden gem. Be sure to book another tee time with us soon and Like us on Facebook.

None better in the Hill Country

All around best public in the Hill Country. great conditions, lacks good amenities though.

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 06/27/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're so glad that you enjoyed the conditions, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Good muni.

Do yourself a favor, go play this course. One of the best in this part of the state.

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 06/27/2018:
Hello, and thank you so much for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Great to be back

Every time I come here, I wonder why it took me so long to return. I guess it's the 80-minute drive. But well worth it.

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 06/27/2018:
Hi. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We hope you'll book another round with us soon.

Markings

Course needs to be marked better. Only hole with a yardage marked outside of 150 is #17. No indicators of where the pins are located. A pin sheet or color coded flags would be great. Course was in fantastic shape. The greens were phenomenal and the guy in the pro shop was great.

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 06/27/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you were able to enjoy your round anyway, and you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great golf

The tee box was in great shape , my boy played the tips, I played the forward,. Fairways were in great shape, the cart was clean and had card on it

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 05/24/2018:
Thanks for playing Lighthouse Country Club! We're glad you and your son enjoyed your round here and we hope to see you again soon.

Creative layout

Love this course. For the money they have done a great job creating interesting well designed holes. It's location makes it a must play if you are in the Horseshoe Bay area. Highly recommend it for a course in this price range.

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 05/23/2018:
Thank you for playing Lighthouse Country Club! We're glad to hear how much you enjoy golfing at our course. We appreciate you recommending Lighthouse CC to others as well. Come back again soon!
Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 05/17/2018:
Thanks for the 5 stars, Sherman. Come back again soon!
Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 05/08/2018:
Thanks for the 5 stars! Come back again soon.

Well Maintained Course

Lighthouse is always in good shape, Greens are true.

Sandtraps a little hard, but playable.

Good practice area.

Response from Lighthouse Country Club on 05/08/2018:
Thank you for playing Lighthouse Country Club! Our maintenance crew works very hard to make sure the course is always in good shape so we appreciate your kind words regarding the course conditions.
Kingsland, Texas