View from the 5th tee at Lighthouse Country Club

Lighthouse Country Club

Year Built 1968
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Tifeagle Grass
Architect Leon Howard (2006) Jerry Slack (2006)

Clubs No

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Amazing Food 11

Perfect

I’m not sure if this is a hidden gem or what, but I love playing here. I’ve been the past two weekends and it’s been stellar!! Not super busy, friendly staff, COVID-19 aware. Just all the things. The layout is superb and overall the course is in excellent condition. Played today in exactly 3.5hrs. I was a bit hesitant to write such a good review in fear others would begin playing here lol. So good I couldn’t keep it to myself. Will be back next weekend, for sure!

Decent track

There’s some fun holes, but there are also some really weird holes. I don’t know if it was from rain or over watering, but it was very wet and doesn’t seem to drain well. I will look forward to playing it again and knowing the goofy holes and hopefully it won’t be wet. Oh yeah, bring your own range finder. The only yardage markings are spray painted in the middle of the fairway. Final thing I’ll say are the greens are pretty fun, they rolled nicely and they’ll either drive you crazy or you’ll have fun trying new shots.

Best by Far

I've played courses throughout the country, including Pebble. I'm also a member at Avery Ranch, but I have to say that Lighthouse Country Club is by far the best course for the price. They could easily charge $100 for green fees. Very scenic, a lot of deer, fairways were like hitting off of a perfect mat, the greens were fast, but rolled absolutely true from being in prestine condition. Also, the greens held good shots. The course is challenging with some tight holes, but very fair if you're in the fairway. I played twilight for $26.50 with a cart, and my wife got to accompany me for free (some courses will charge a rider fee). Not sure how they do it, especially in the July Texas heat, but they do. Hats off to their crews that maintain this course. This is truly a hidden gem. I will be back for sure!

Great course!!

Overall I had a great experience golfing at Lighthouse country club.

Lighthouse is the JAM! Fairways and Greens are in very solid shape. Pace of play was about 4 hours and would have been faster if we didn’t have 2 teens sharing clubs in front of us. Set up tee time through GolfNow and couldn’t have been smoother. In addition, this club was adherent to all COVID-19 protocols as well. MORE THAN WORTH the drive from Georgetown on a Sunday afternoon. WE WILL BE BACK, SOON!!

Nice course, good value

Really pretty views of the hill country. Liked the front nine better. Felt like I was playing Enchanted Rock at one point.

occasional player

course was in great shape for early July. Enjoyed the round even though I did not score well My body does not work like it used to.

This course is in excellent condition!

The greens are well manicured and challenging. The fairways are in excellent condition , overall the course is challenging but fair. I’m putting together my regular foursome from Houston for a return trip!! I play private courses quite often and this course is definitely in that class for a fraction of the price

Always enjoyable

Definitely worth the drive from Austin. Wide open course with plenty of variety holes and tees. Staff is always friendly and pace of play is good. Go play this course!

Best value in the Austin area

Course is short, but it is not easy. There's a lot of trouble and tricky shots and small creeks that make this course difficult. The greens are very fast and true, with challenging breaks. For the money, this is a steal if you're willing to make the drive. Staff are great. Grab a hot dog and a cheap beer or two and enjoy the round. Prices are good for 36 holes, so it might be worth trying to get a tee time early and play a second round. Usually the pace of play is decent. Nothing much longer than 4 hours, and quick in the afternoon.

Great course and friendly staff

Great green speed and firm fairways make this very playable for anyone! Since changing pro shop staff this year I come back every Saturday for weeks on end! Would recommend to everyone and the GolfNow deals are 25 or 30
bucks! You’ll love it

Commented on 05/11/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 05/11/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u314159374214! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Beautiful Course

Course was in very good condition. Layout on some holes were challenging but most of them were a lot of fun to play which was great for a bogey golfer n the wife said it was fun to play. Price was right. Highly recommend

Commented on 05/11/2020

magbuhat, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club.

Anonymous

Great course!

My friends and i loved playing this course! We drove an hour just to play. Best value by far for any course we’ve played in awhile.

Solid FIVE star course and value

Super friendly staff
Superb course maintenance
Very reasonable price
Beautiful course and scenery

Commented on 05/06/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Jldike. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club.

Lighthouse CC

Great to get out and play Lighthouse CC. The course was in great shape and I enjoyed the challenge of this well maintained course. Staff were courteous and professional.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Hello, u0xDaxNr3pEhgXsEMNLe. We appreciate you leaving a review. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Lighthouse Country Club!

Don't let the length fool you.

The course was in good shape, especially the greens. The course is short by today's standards, but it is unforgiving. What appears to be a fairly wide open course is not at all. Tee shot placement is critical. You will need to play this course to understand.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Thank you for your review, migrator. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Lighthouse Country Club. Our staff has been working very hard to maintain great course conditions so we are glad to hear you enjoyed them. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great place to play

We try to make it to this course once a week. The fairways and greens are in great shape. The staff is working overtime to keep everything sanitized and safe for play plus keep a close eye on pace of play to avoid wait times. Prices are incredible, too. Definitely our favorite course to play!

Commented on 04/21/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round and thank you for being such a great customer! Thank you for all the great things you said about our course! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kingsland, Texas