Country View Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Architect Ron Garl (1989)

Golf School Academy Yes - "JCL Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

9-Hole Rounds 7

Good course

Played this course for the first time, excellent value for the money. Course is not long but the challenges with the short game make up for that. Good wedge and putter ply is critical. Staff was very friendly

Commented on 11/19/2019

Thanks for the kind comments and great review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Country View Golf Club!

Commented on 10/22/2019

Hello, ipena22. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Country View Golf Club!

Favorite Course

This has become my favorite course. It is not a long course; however it is challenging. There are no sand traps and all greens are elevated. It has become my favorite course. I drive 20 miles to get to it and will continue.

Commented on 10/07/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We appreciate your making the drive and look forward to having you back at Country View Golf Club!

Straight & Narrow

The front nine is not forgiving as it has a lot of trees in play and if you shoot out of bounds, you might as well kiss your ball good-bye. The back nine is a little more forgiving but there are a few holes that water comes into play so target golf is the name of the game. A great course, great folks who manage it and it's a great value for your money. This is my 4th or 5th time to play the course and I will be back to play again.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hello, Cornstubble. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Country View Golf Club!

Great challenge

This course is really challenging because of the elevated greens and the undulating greens...the new management is really keeping the course in good shape with more defined out of bounds and lots of green even in the heat...only con is get rid of weeds before they take hold

Commented on 09/10/2019

Hello, corycrouch. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Country View Golf Club!

Course was in great shape considering NO rain !

Considering NO rain in the area. The course was in great shape! Will go back! The course has improved a lot since my last visit! Keep up the Good work!

Commented on 09/05/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Country View Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great Unknown

This course is in great condition. It was my second time here and we played a foursome. It’s challenging but fun. The staff is excellent and so was the food and drinks afterwards. We will play it again this month.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Country View Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Excellent Course Conditions

Great value for what I paid.

Course was an excellent shape, greens were very soft. Felt like walking on memory foam, in a good way.

Found this to be a challenging course with many scenic views as you shoot over water hazards and tree winding bends. Will play here again.

Commented on 08/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Country View Golf Club thanks you!

Worth playing

The course does not contain any sand traps. It is not a long course to play but it can be ch. all grind are on an elevated slope. Friendly staff. Water buckets around the course and a cart person makes regular trips around the course. This is becoming my favorite course to play.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Great Value

My friends and I really enjoyed playing this course. This is bar far the best value for fees near Dallas. Greens are soft well manicured. The course layout is challenging but not too long. It places a value on club selection and setup. Not a boring grip it and rip it course. Several doglegs into tucked away and elevated greens. Grass driving range. Cart girl rolled around about every 4 holes. I'll definitely be playing this course regularly.

Commented on 08/20/2019

Greens On a hill

I enjoy playing this course. All greens are elevated. The course has a nice layout and can be challenging for all skill levels. Because of its location it may only be familiar to area locals. I live about 20 miles away and feel it is worth the drive. Some of the tee boxes need to be mowed. A dry pond near the 4th hole is sometimes smelly. It’s an older course with a nice layout. Give it a try.

Commented on 08/15/2019

Greens need some serious help!!!

Played this course Tuesday afternoon for the first time in a couple of years and it was about what I expected except for the greens. Not sure why they are in such poor shape, they have Bermuda on them but they are covered in crab and goose grass. Don't plan on making a putt from over 4 feet because your ball is gonna bounce around a lot. Some of the collars are solid crab grass. Of all they courses I have played this year, these greens top the list for the worst. The rest of the course was ok, saw a fair amounts of weeds that needed to be sprayed, fairways were average and the tee boxes were about the same. Looked like they were running out of water for some reason, most of the lakes on the course were empty or close to it. Played 18 holes in 3 hours, never ran into anyone and only saw 1 two some behind me. Not worth the money I paid $27.00 but for the the $13 dollar Hot Deal I might try again next year and hope for better conditions...........

Nice experience

Had an excellent time playing. I had played this course before but it's been several years and the course seemed in better condition than the last time I played it for sure. Great experience for the value I booked on GolfNow.

Commented on 07/25/2019

Hi, lances1974. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Country View Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/25/2019

Hello, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Country View Golf Club!

Commented on 07/22/2019

Hello, Masahiroseki. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Better than expected!

I had my doubts about this course since had read both good and bad reviews of it.
I thought is was great! Loved the greens and the fairways.
Loved how pretty it was.

The staff were very friendly. And it had a nice restaurant in the clubhouse.

Both tee's and greens were elevated, so it plays longer than the yardage. I liked the way they do the
yardage markers on the cart paths.

Better stay on the fairways and greens because the rough is rough! Easy to lose balls.

I will keep this course in my rotation.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Hi Tsphnix. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Country View Golf Club!

A course with some character

Did not know what to expect since ratings were average but we were pleasantly surprised by the course and the staff.

The course length is short but with the elevated greens made it play longer than the stated distance. Fairways were in good shape but the rough made it a little difficult to find golf balls due to length of grass. Greens were in good shape and the ball ran true to the line of your putt.

Hot day but fun play.

Commented on 07/19/2019

Hi Billy5509689. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Country View Golf Club!

Huge improvement

Played this course several times the last year and it is in the best shape I’ve seen it in. Care is being taken to protect the greens, fairways are in much better condition, great layout. Water jugs on the course are always full.

Tee boxes are a little rough, no beverage cart, no ball cleaners. Otherwise a great course

Commented on 07/09/2019

Thank you for your review!. We will pass along your experience to our team at Country View Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/09/2019