Country View Golf Club

Golf school / academy: Yes - "JCL Golf Academy"

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals 9-hole rounds advanced golfers   Challenges include water hazards undulating greens elevation changes

"Avoid."

Robert5611627's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

It's not fair to review a course played out of season, so I will focus on things that won't improve when it greens up. All the greens are tabletop greens, severely elevated and steep sloped on all sides, no safe miss at all on most holes. There is no sand whatsoever in what obviously used to be a nice amount of traps. They just let the grass grow, but it's mowed short so when your ball comes screaming down that slope after you landed your shot half a yard short, long, or to the side, It's rolling all the way in to the woods, or the creek (Which can have up to a 20 foot sheer drop to the rocks below, and can be somewhat undermined, so don't venture too close looking) The fairways tend to slope toward trouble too. The water hazards are in disrepair. Basically, the whole course looks unkempt. The greens are blazing fast, undulating, and bumpy with crabgrass.

The saddest part is that I can see what a jewel it could be with a few million dollars poured in to it. Hopefully, the City of Lancaster is reading this.

Course Layout: Poor

"The Price is Right"

macjazz58's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/30/2018

Playing this course right now because the price is right with Hot Deals. Can see issues in the future because carts are all over the course, even up to the fringes of the greens. As a former marshal, if I could do something about that I surely would. There doesn't appear to be ANY management at this time. Not many people on the course right now so the pace of play is good. The greens are elevated and F-A-S-T due to the dormant grass. Scoring is tough right now. Great target golf course and yes, you need to know how to golf your ball. I use this course to tighten up my game. The only water on the course is in the water coolers.

"Going downhill quick"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/28/2018

This used to be our home course. We've been playing it for 15 years. Recent manage change is not going well. All the ponds are dry. The greens are in pretty bad shape. I will not be back until someone starts taking better care of the course.

"Poor communication"

lemuelkempjr's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/12/2018

Not a complainer by any means but felt I needed to share. A friend and I both took off work half a day to play golf only to show up to Country View being told they were closed. No phone call, alert, e-mail....nothing. I wouldn't be so upset if we both hadn't rushed from work in the Ft. Worth area to be there on time. I even looked on the Golf Now app after being told they're closed and it showed that Country View was still taking tee times. The man running the front desk was very nonchalant and unprofessional about the whole ordeal. I doubt this has anything to do with Golf Now, rather, the man up front didn't update them out of pure laziness. Anyway, I will continue to play at Country View because it's one of my favorite courses, and I will continue to use the Golf Now app. Hopefully, the man there this last time will never show his face again. I just wish these golf courses would update Golf Now so we could plan accordingly. It was wind out of our sails finding out abruptly that we would not be playing.

"Really tuff course"

kurtgrant's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/06/2018

This is a very tuff course with ALL the greens extremely elevated. That's not really the problem. The problem is for the third time out of three times I've played it there was a huge group that books multiple tee times in a row to gamble. They yell back and forth from the clubhouse all the way to the 1st tee and everywhere between the entire time you're at the driving range and putting green. Every tee box has 2 or 3 groups backed up with yelling and I actually saw (for my first time) multiple people drive clear into the fringe of the greens and onto the tee boxes (not beside) and literally right between the remaining tee markers to go to the next shot. It's an absolute Romper Room.

"High Greens"

fspain's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/29/2017

My title says it all. Most of the greens are raised which makes for challenging situations. If you’re looking for fun, this is it. If you’re looking for a country club atmosphere, this isn’t it. It is country which I like. The fairways aren’t great but they’re playable. I wish the golf shop had more to choose from, but I don’t go to shop. So, bottom line,it’s a good course and lots of fun

"Fun but crazy greens"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/11/2017

Get ready to add a stroke for each hole. The greens are fast and challenges your chipping game. Have fun.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/26/2017

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2017

Great golf course greens were fast be careful there are still some snakes around overall I’d play there again

"pretty good course"

DanielN69's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2017

personally i think the course is pretty good for the price. i have played courses that cost more and are not in as good of shape. greens seem to always be in great shape even with the winter coat on. Fair warning keep your ego in check. this is one of the hardest courses i have played. there is only 3-4 holes if that where you have room for error. most of the holes if you are off the fairway by more than 5-10 yards your ball is gone. if you have ball control you can score good on this course. Personally i like the course. while my group plays course on the north side of dallas i still enjoy coming to country veiw from time to time to test my game and see if i have improved. if you are in the area and want a quick round i would recommend giving them a try

pros:

greens in good shape 95% of the time

nice pro shop people

in a quiet neighborhood and the course goes away from the the main road.

pace of play is good. i have played here about 10 times and round was always 4 hrs or less. cant remember ever being held up by group's in front of us.

really the only con is the pro shop is dated and limited selection.

"Hidden gem"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2016

I found this course on Golfnow about a month ago. This is a hidden gem for those who live north of hwy 175. Don't let the age of the club house fool you. This is a great course to play. The greens are in very good shape. All greens are elevated. Nice course layout. Have played the course 3 times within the last month and will definitely play it again. Hole number 17 will definitely test you.

"Great value"

Doug76016's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2016

Greens were in great shape! The course overall was enjoyable to play and the staff was great. I would definitely play this course again and will recommend.

"Not sure who is reviewing this course"

harriwc0's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2016

This is not even close to a 4/5 star layout as so many other reviewers are saying. This place is on par with Keeton Park in south Dallas. Conditions were not good, made worse by grass clippings being left on the course by the greens crew. Greens were actually not bad. Very soft. But cut too long so really slow. I think it's an ok value at a sub-30 rate. I wouldn't pay more. If coming from Dallas, there are a lot of courses that are better layouts and in better condition (any of the city courses).

Commented on 09/08/2016

harriwc0 - We are sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. We would like to speak with you further offline, please email us at natalieteetimes@gmail.com.

We look forward to hearing from you.

"Don't drive too far to play this course"

trentmuse's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2016

If this is the closest course to you, and you are looking for cheap golf, then go ahead and play here. In my opinion though, there are many other courses that aren't so far out that are a better bang for the buck. Course does have some interesting holes, and the course itself is in decent condition. Compared to courses in the DFW area, this course is middle of the road, and that is why I am giving it 3 stars.

"Great Value!"

Allen3630522's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2016

This is a very nice course and it has been managed properly over the last year that I have played there. It is also a great value. The course itself is moderately difficult but it does challenge you which in my opinion helps improve your golf game. Definitely recommend.

Allen3630522,

We are happy that you would recommend us to your friends, family members and other avid golfers! We appreciate the review and look forward to your next round with us.

Until then, take care!

"Great value"

khlamont's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2016

I highly recommend this course ,booked on golfnow and got a great rate. Course was in good shape it doesn't have any sand bunkers but there is some water holes that will come into play. The greens was in good shape but wished they were a little faster , fairways was in great shape, not much rough keep it in play and you can score. The meal deal is a great value the cheese burger are delicious at nineteen hole. Will come back and play again.

khlamont,

We are glad you got such a great rate and enjoyed your round with us! We are pleased to hear that you will be back soon and look forward to providing you with another incredible day of golf.

Best Wishes,

Country View GC Mgmt

"Raised Greens keep you moving"

Karensco's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Fun course with challenging greens, if you like to bump & run this will not fit in your game

Don't forget to stop by for a burger at the 19th hole..........one of the best around

Karensco,

Great advice, thanks for the review! Please come back again soon!

Best,

"The "View""

Cedarhill325's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2016

The greens are almost always rolling good and true. The layout provides a challenge for any player level.

Commented on 07/11/2016

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your round. Come back again soon.

"back to very good"

jaydee615's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

This course has recovered nicely from spring flooding. Excellent layout, challenging elevated greens. Fairways and greens in very good condition. Excellent value for the money.

Commented on 07/11/2016

Thanks for the five star review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our course layout and conditions. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round.

"Great time"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2016

Course was in great shape. Fairways were perfect and greens were great.

Commented on 07/05/2016

Thanks for the five star review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our course conditions. We hope to see you back again soon.