Crystal Falls Golf Club

Architect Jack Miller

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Clubhouse

1st timer

Course in outstanding condition better his that driver straight or bring a lot of balls. Many blind shots best to play with someone who has played the course.

Great fun

Excellent day from arrival to departure. Pro shop got us out early. Marshall got us a handicap flag to allow us to get closer to greens and avoid walking up hills. It’s unforgiving if you miss hit to wrong side. Know where to miss and shots generally work out. Play the tees that match your skill and course becomes fun to play.

Great golf, but...

Golf was great, but frustrated that my online booking included cart fee. Went to check in and was told that if I had to share a cart with another person. Uh. NO! Asked for my own cart and was told that I had to pay an additional $13. Whatever. The guy that I was paired with didn't have to pay anything additional. What gives?

Jeff - rudest staff I’ve ever encountered

Booked a tee time for 4pm. We were kicked off the course at 7:30pm because the carts had to be in by 7:30. Jeff came onto the course at 7:32pm while we were on 18 and berated our group for not having the cart in by 7:30. We were on #18 and we paid $64/person for our tee time.

Jeff yelled profanities at us. Never had a worse experience on a golf course in 20 years.

I’ve played this course 50+ times and loved it, until this awful experience.

I understand rules are different due to COVID, but Jeff’s behavior was totally uncalled for. His staff agreed that he overreacted. Will never come back to this course as long as Jeff is working there.

A friend from out of town was playing with us and was absolutely appalled by the staffs attitude toward its customers.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, boboX! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Crystal Falls Golf Course!

Commented on 06/02/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, esanchez34! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Crystal Falls Golf Course!

Beautiful and Challenging

I love* this course.

Very scenic, in fairly good shape (the greens are sandy right now), but very* challenging.

You have to be very accurate.

The elevation changes, creeks and ponds, and beautiful Texas Hill Country views make this course a MUST* play - at least once in your life (bring extra balls - you will* lose some).

Commented on 06/08/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, GoldRanger1994! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Crystal Falls Golf Course!

Extremely enjoyable

Diverse & beautiful terrain with impressive vistas. Well maintained.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Your feedback is important to us, btelle. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Crystal Falls Golf Course.

Make sure you play this course.

Tough track. Great condition. Greens are the most fun, with undulations. It’s one of the best courses I’ve played. Greens are only going to get faster as the Summer goes on. It puts presidency on ball placement on fairways and greens.

Enjoyed Crystal Falls

Played C.Falls for the second time, and the course is in fine shape! Greens had been lightly sanded the day before, but they were still rolling well. I heard that they had lost the greens somewhat last yr, but evidently the grounds team has worked hard to get them back in very nice shape. I’m sure the recent rains have helped a lot. Crystal Falls is definitely worth playing, although a challenging course!

Commented on 06/08/2020

Hi ekiwaki. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Crystal Falls Golf Course.

Even though this course is well maintained, it wasnt a pleasant experience. This course is brutal even in a cart due to all the hills. I wouldnt play this course again. There are way too many blind shots. If you decide to play, do not walk it

Commented on 06/08/2020

Hello, 4tCCFDb913H0IY59Ty3I. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

The course is much improved from 15 years ago

Returned to play this course after moving out of state in 2004. The overall course is much more beautiful and well maintained.
This is a shot makers course in where you have to very good off the tee and sloping fast greens. I love this course and I will tee it up again.
If you are not good off the tee, I will leave the driver in the bag.

Boston Advisor

Fun course!!

Let me start by saying the staff , Scotty, is a great ambassador to this hidden gem. Was so helpful with course guide and getting us a tee time earlier in the week. Course is in great shape and plays tough. Fun Par 3 holes Tough uphill par 4s #3 and 4 are neat holes. This is a course I added late to our golf itinerary and so glad I did. Will definitely play here again when we come back. Play this Texas course!! Tell Scott I said hello!!

Commented on 11/06/2019

Thank you for coming and playing! Scotty is great guy and we love having him here! We appreciate the praise, hope to see you back soon!

Greens punched July 23

Greens were punched and sanded earlier in the week. Coming back nicely, they were fairly hairy and took some speed off but it wasn't as bad as I have experienced elsewhere with punching. Still had my second best score of the year. Tee to green, course is in great shape and within a week or so the greens should be back to solid. Teed off a little after 2p on a Sunday as a twosome. Had quickest round of the season at 2 hours 45 minutes!

Very good

Every fairway was excellent. Every tee box was excellent. But all greens had sand on them but they were a still in very good condition.

Commented on 11/06/2019

Thank you for the kind words, hope to see you back soon!

Crystal Falls is a gem

Had a late Sunday afternoon twilight rate. Really scenic hill country style course. Worth the short drive from Austin. Has some challenging sloping and narrow fairways. Bring your strategic game. There are a few holes where you can crank on the big gun and others where you will want to (or should) play smart and you can still get home in regulation. You will get your fair share of side hill, up/down hill lies. Greens were almost perfect and have lots of contour that will test any player. Great value. Course in really good shape, especially considering all the rain in the preceding days. Highly recommend.

Great Little Track

Interesting little layout, but the course was in pretty good shape given the amount of rain the area has had. Some really great Par 3s here. Watch your head making your second shot on Hole 1 though, seems like everyone was throwing darts way right off the tee of Hole 9.

Commented on 11/06/2019

We're glad you enjoyed it out here, thanks for playing!

Hazards lurking around every corner

This is a great municipal course that can hang in there with some of the local semi-private courses. The layout is largely determined by the terrain, which can cause some of the holes to be a bit awkward. There's not a bunker on the course, but it doesn't need it, as there are hazards everywhere. Some forced carries over water, hard sloping fairways, thick brush/wooded areas, and plenty of water hazards mean that you will probably lose a few balls unless you're very accurate off the tee and on approach shots. Come to think of it, a few bunkers may help playability!

Fantastic Hill Country Gem

This course is so beautiful with its rolling hills and scenery. It has some very interesting and challenging holes including two par 3's off cliffs. Greens and fairways are in fantastic condition. Staff is friendly. Cost is very reasonable. Facilities are very nice. This gem is hands down the best course in north Austin.

Commented on 03/28/2018

Thank you for all of the wonderful, positive feedback! The course is great this time of year, hope to see you back again soon!

Cedar Park, Texas