Crystal Falls Golf Course

GPS: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes narrow fairways undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining

"Fantastic Hill Country Gem"

GaryKidwell's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/04/2018
Used cart Perfect weather

This course is so beautiful with its rolling hills and scenery. It has some very interesting and challenging holes including two par 3's off cliffs. Greens and fairways are in fantastic condition. Staff is friendly. Cost is very reasonable. Facilities are very nice. This gem is hands down the best course in north Austin.

Commented on 03/28/2018

Thank you for all of the wonderful, positive feedback! The course is great this time of year, hope to see you back again soon!

"Great public course for the money!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/02/2017

The facilities--clubhouse, driving range and putting green, are top notch. Compared to other public courses in the area (i. e. Lago Vista) the greens and fairways are in immaculate condition. They water and maintain everything on a very regular and professional basis.

The views are gorgeous but, some of the fairways are tight. So, plan on loosing at least a few balls.

All in all a great course and value for the money!

Keep up the good work.

Commented on 01/18/2018

Thank you for coming and playing at Crystal Falls! We appreciate all the positive feedback and hope to see you back soon!

"Greens are in bad shape"

tmassey28's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

They told me the greens were in "transition" but it looks like some kind of disease is killing the grass. The greens were dry and bare in many spots. 5 of the 18 holes had sand and were punched in the dry bare spots. It would be better if they would just punch and sand heavy now because they are barely playable.

Other than that, the course is fairly challenging and there aren't many level fairways. No room for error on many holes without being punished. Play conservative and take what the course gives you.

Commented on 06/01/2017

Thank you for playing at Crystal Falls Golf Course. We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to give feedback, and we apologize that the conditions of the greens were not satisfactory for you. It was a dry early spring for us this year, but some recent rain has been turning things around! We hope you come back soon and see the better conditions for yourself.

"Tyrant Marshall"

cdbecker3's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

A friend and I took our twelve year old daughters out on a Sunday afternoon for 9-holes. The girls are still learning to golf so we tried to get a time when the course wasn’t as busy. Being new, we were going slower than then average so we let two twosomes play through. When we got to the tee box at number 5, an elderly female marshal came up and proceeded to dress us down for “holding up the whole course”, for being 20-minutes behind schedule, and two holes behind the next group. We explained to her that we had a couple of new players, we were letting groups play through so yes we would be behind, and the two groups in front of us were twosomes so of course they will be ahead of us. She didn’t care and told us to skip holes. It was no sweat off my back to get yelled at by an old marshal (who hasn’t had that happen), but it mortified our young golfers. They were so scared that the marshal was going to come back and yell at them that they wanted to quit. To be courteous to the threesome behind us that our foursome was holding up, we skipped #5. Low-and-behold, we couldn’t skip far because the two-some head of us hadn’t finish putting on #5. So much for being two holes behind. I know marshals are there to help keep play going and I fully understand the need to play quickly. But coming out and dressing down young players is no way to encourage them to keep playing and be the future of the sport. Marshal….it is Sunday afternoon not Saturday morning. This is the only time a lot of us can get out with our kids and play. Lighten up.

cdbecker3,

Thank you for coming and playing at Crystal Falls Golf course. Let me first apologize for any offense the Marshal may have caused you and your party. We are the first to encourage new golfers to our course to help grow our wonderful game. The Marshal is obviously there to make the overall quality of the experience good for everyone, although it should never come at the cost of anyone's enjoyment here. We appreciate you being understanding and even skipping a hole to be courteous to other players. We will be addressing this issue internally. Thank you very much for your feedback.

"Poor pace and service by staff in general."

Bigsticklizard's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2017

Not a bad course layout. Personnel in pro shop very uncooperative. Pace of play was terrible although there were not that many golfers. Wanted to get a sandwich after nine holes. To be courteous, we asked the man in the pro shop if we could let the group behind us play through while we ordered a sandwich. He told us he preferred that we continue on. Ate a sandwich anyway and left the course after nine holes. Not a course I would advise anyone to play if they expect to have a fun day and want to get their money's worth.

Bigsticklizard,

Thank you for playing at Crystal Falls Golf Course. We acknowledge how important pace of play impacts the overall experience of the game and apologize for any slow play that may have happened. I also apologize if you felt slighted by the gentlemen in the pro shop. We certainly try our best to be as accommodating as we possibly can without it impacting the quality of the experience of other players at the course. We would love to have you come back another time to give us another shot at making it right.

"Great Course For the Price"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Since the first round here we have played 2 more times as the course is rarely busy and enough challenge to make it fun but not too difficult. Great place for the price.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Nice course"

ztimbo's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Very nice course. For a Sunday afternoon in August at 100 degrees, I was shocked to have no beverage cart riding around.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Great course"

freshpack's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2015

A great experience on a very interesting hill country course. Looking forward to another round soon

"Much improved course….."

johnnymondo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I used to play Crystal Falls a lot back in the early 90's when it was 1. much cheaper & 2. few people played so it was easy to get on & get around (plus I would walk). With Golf Now , I was able to return after 5 years and the original layout is the same but the growth of the CF community and improvements, made it seem like a different course. Fairways were in good shape with all the rain we've had and greens were excellent. I teed off at 1:20 and joined up with another single after the 1st hole. We played the front nine in 1:15---no hurry, just no one to slow us down. Got behind some slower groups on #14 but it was a very enjoyable round. There are a couple of narrow fairways and landing areas the require control but the par 3's are fun to play with the elevation changes.

"1st timer...."

Monci45's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2015

This was my first golf outing at this facility. The grounds were in great shape. Course played at a fast pace (3.5)hrs on a Monday morning. it was great to see lots of water in the creeks. Great course!! Will I return, oh yes!!!

"Interesting Canyon Layout"

Russ5850707's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2015

Course was in great condition, the greens were a little slow. The carts were equipped with an audible alarm to help keep out restricted areas but were at such a high frequency that I was unable to hear it. So once I drove on a fairway without realizing that it was restricted and ended up having to push the cart about fifty yards before it would restart. In 95 degree heat this was very difficult for a senior golfer such as myself. But all-in-all a very enjoyable day.

"Course"

Luis2138586's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2015

The course was in great condition. The greens had been repaired which were sandy but still made the course that more difficult.

"Crystal Fall Golf Coarse"

Jim9285707's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Crystal Falls GC is in amazing condition and the staff is top notch. i will be back and hopefully soon.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Beautiful course"

Beverly1938221's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2015

Very scenic course that is in very good condition even after all of the rain.

"Keep it left"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2015

Staff was great as they let my wife and I go off as a twosome. We are just not that good and would hold the other couple up.

"Very dissappointed"

dgirndt's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2015

I booked a tee time for two players on Golf Now.com for Saturday 5/23/15. The weather was 'iffy' for rain the entire day but we decided to chance it . We made it through the front 9 with rain gradually starting by the 8th hole. We were paired up with one other single player who when we got to the clubhouse after nine, went in and got a 9 hole rain check since we were being told on our GPS to return to the clubhouse. When I went in to get my 9 hole rain check I was told that I needed to go through Golf Now to get my credit -WHY????? Crystal Falls was already paid for my entire round of golf. Would it have killed them to refund 9 holes of golf? Failing that attempt, I contacted Golf Now the next day. They contacted Crystal Falls while I was holding on the phone and they were told that I had teed off and they did not consider themselves to have been closed (the golf cart GPS said to retina to the clubhouse) so they would not give any refund -rediculous!!! I deserve a refund for the golf holes I couldn't play

"Fun course"

mikl3662's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2015

I have played this course for a long time, they have made this course ten times better than when I first played it. If you haven't been out there in a while you will see tremendous changes including nice fairways good greens and a fun and challenging course set in the scenic hill country.

"beautiful course-outstanding scenery"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I found alot of unnecessary cart path only especially on the very long par 5s. As a senior citizen (77) I found this aspect of the course very tiring.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Forgotten Gem"

AustinSmoothie's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Haven't played this course in over a year, but it will be rotation again this summer/fall. If you've never played this course, do so soon. Make sure to check your ego in the parking lot. The fairways are nothing to take lightly. The course is not to long, but you must bring accuracy. Otherwise play you slices, hooks, fades, draws, and anything else. Cause the balls will move in many directions.

"Love this course"

John4869729's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2015

Staff is great! Course is in great shape, very challenging, greens are VERY fast and with undulations. I play here once a month or so. You can always find a great price or hot deal on Golf Now.