Regulation at Lake Park Golf Course

Lake Park 18 Golf Club
Scorecard for Championship Course
Blue M: 68.3/108 405 500 160 340 180 395 150 350 505 2985 360 360 410 430 510 185 330 155 410 3150 6135
White M: 66.5/102 W: 73.4/121 380 475 140 320 165 375 130 320 475 2780 340 345 395 390 490 165 310 140 385 2960 5740
Red W: 68.6/111 345 430 110 280 115 310 115 270 430 2405 300 325 300 355 410 110 290 115 350 2555 4960

Year Built 1996
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bermuda
Architect Jeff Brauer

Carts Yes - included in green fee

A good place to play

The course is in great shape after the recent rains. Pace is adequate, but lits of beginners that can slow it down at times. The course is pretty forgiving in most cases and allows you to post a good score. A nice place to play.

Enjoyable round

Straight forward fairways and layout. Helped me improve my game with forgiving fairways.

Course understand maintainence.

On couple of holes there was maintenance vehicles with people working in the middle of the fairway. Made it difficult to hit straight with lot of movement right in the front about 125 yards from the tee box. Moreover the greens were aerated. It would have been nice if players were made aware of the situation at the time of booking. Not recommended under such conditions.

Wait two weeks

I’m somewhat surprised the fairways were so brown and dried out since this course is next to a lake. The greens had recently been punched yet the covering sand was sparse so no chance of counting on a putt over 4 feet. They were hairy and very slow. We teed up early afternoon noon, let two pairs go in front of our 3some and there were two singles waiting behind us. We let 5 singles play through during the round. You’d think they would pair some of these folks together. Flags all the same color so posting the pin position or announcing it at check would have been helpful. Staff friendly but not enough players to warrant a refreshment cart on the course. I’ve played here before and will play here again but this round was not the best experience. Surely in a couple of weeks the greens will be better.

Solid Course

We chose Lake Park 18 a week in advance as it was the only course not all booked up and also in good shape according to a recent review despite the severe heat we’ve been experiencing. Although very close to Lake Lewisville, the namesake is only taken from the nearby Lake Park park and not a lake featured course. The pace of play was very slow as it took over 4 hours to complete our round. I felt this was caused by poor tee time management and the course layout. Seconds before I checked into our prebooked tee time from a week ago, two walk ones squeezed in to the time just ahead of our party. We checked in and told we were paired with another duo, however they were nowhere to be found at the appropriate time and a trio behind was already pressing us to start earlier than scheduled. As for course layout, it was not very challenging as I was all straight, no dog legs or water hazards to lay up to. I hit only two clubs off the tees all day, my driver and 9 iron. Pace of play was also hindered from the layout as the one wrong shot could place you two fairways over, and still playable from the fairway. Our pace was constantly halted from waiting for other players driving into our fairway to play their lie for nearby holes. We were almost hit by errant no less than 4 times without fore being called. This layout is literally stacked on top of each other. Greens were the fastest I’ve ever played and could never get a read on them as about every fifth hole would slow back down and not be as fast as the previous. With the high of 110 degrees, we were strategically parking our carts in the very limited shade areas as hardly any trees were present on the course.

Overall this is a good course that is well kept. Our party wished it to be a bit more challenging and scenic. The pace of play and constant irritation of waiting on other players from nearby holes to play their poor shots put a hindrance on our overall moods and momentum of play. I would recommend this course to anyone, but not to my friends. For my preferences, there are many other courses worth the same price of play that have much more to offer without the challenges of a course packed so tightly together.

Awesome Layout

This was my first time playing this course, and I absolutely loved it! Gave a links style feel to it, which played very forgiving off the tee. Gives you a lot of confidence off the tee, knowing you can swing freely and that any misses right or left will still be playable (often times still in fairway, just a different holes' fairway). Greens were in pretty good condition, and putts rolled true. All in all, it was a fun course. I got paired with some good guys, and we were all of similar skill, so it helped the round go faster.

Hamilton County
What makes Hamilton County a premier destination for Indiana golf? Could it be the collection of beautifully manicured, affordable public courses that can easily be bundled into a Stay & Play package? Discover premier golf Hamilton County, Indiana.

Fun course

The course is forgiving in most locations if you hit a wayward shot. Greens are good with a couple of bad spots, but overall in good shape. The rest of the course is decent.

Decent place for the money

This isn't your TPC course or your 4 seasons but you will enjoy playing here.

For the price this place is not too bad. I play here at least 5-6 times a month and the greens can be treated but what do you expect for Texas summer.

They do have tournaments yearly around and don't be surprised if you see bunch of kids playing golf with the entire family. Yet at times it is very slow where you can really enjoy and talk with your golf partner.

The putting green can use some TLC - it looks like there are a lot of beginners who doesn't patch up any damages they caused.

There really isn't any barrier expect if you slice your ball it may go to Hole 7 or 8 lol.

I would say sometimes the staff is not friendly and very unhappy to be there but last weekend on 24th the guy was really cool and attentive.

Great Course for working out the kinks

I've been playing at Lake Park now for a few years and it's consistently a fun course. I love it for a few reasons.

1. This course is wide open, no houses lining the fairways. So, players at any level between beginner to part time duffer will have fun. I from time to time have a nasty slice and the presence of houses really gets in my head. This course as I said is wide open so that is not an issue here.

2. It's not a super hard course so again great for beginners or to work out the kinks.

3. It's a pretty course located up against Lewisville Lake.

While the course is well maintained, the greens are difficult to judge. They can play super fast and sometimes they can be a bit bumpy. Cup location is sometimes questionable; either close to the front of the green and/or in a spot that has a ring, raised lip all around it.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018