Regulation at Lake Park Golf Course

Lake Park 18 Golf Club
Scorecard for Championship Course
Blue M: 68.3/108 405 500 160 340 180 395 150 350 505 2985 360 360 410 430 510 185 330 155 410 3150 6135
White M: 66.5/102 W: 73.4/121 380 475 140 320 165 375 130 320 475 2780 340 345 395 390 490 165 310 140 385 2960 5740
Red W: 68.6/111 345 430 110 280 115 310 115 270 430 2405 300 325 300 355 410 110 290 115 350 2555 4960

Year Built 1996
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bermuda
Architect Jeff Brauer

Carts Yes - included in green fee

First timers on course

Very nice course. Really liked the open links style, view of lake, well maintained. Scored well. Thanks. From Kansas!

Good to play afternoon

No waiting time to play due to less players during the weekday afternoon tee times..

A good place to play

The course is in great shape after the recent rains. Pace is adequate, but lits of beginners that can slow it down at times. The course is pretty forgiving in most cases and allows you to post a good score. A nice place to play.

Enjoyable round

Straight forward fairways and layout. Helped me improve my game with forgiving fairways.

Course understand maintainence.

On couple of holes there was maintenance vehicles with people working in the middle of the fairway. Made it difficult to hit straight with lot of movement right in the front about 125 yards from the tee box. Moreover the greens were aerated. It would have been nice if players were made aware of the situation at the time of booking. Not recommended under such conditions.

Wait two weeks

I’m somewhat surprised the fairways were so brown and dried out since this course is next to a lake. The greens had recently been punched yet the covering sand was sparse so no chance of counting on a putt over 4 feet. They were hairy and very slow. We teed up early afternoon noon, let two pairs go in front of our 3some and there were two singles waiting behind us. We let 5 singles play through during the round. You’d think they would pair some of these folks together. Flags all the same color so posting the pin position or announcing it at check would have been helpful. Staff friendly but not enough players to warrant a refreshment cart on the course. I’ve played here before and will play here again but this round was not the best experience. Surely in a couple of weeks the greens will be better.

Solid Course

We chose Lake Park 18 a week in advance as it was the only course not all booked up and also in good shape according to a recent review despite the severe heat we’ve been experiencing. Although very close to Lake Lewisville, the namesake is only taken from the nearby Lake Park park and not a lake featured course. The pace of play was very slow as it took over 4 hours to complete our round. I felt this was caused by poor tee time management and the course layout. Seconds before I checked into our prebooked tee time from a week ago, two walk ones squeezed in to the time just ahead of our party. We checked in and told we were paired with another duo, however they were nowhere to be found at the appropriate time and a trio behind was already pressing us to start earlier than scheduled. As for course layout, it was not very challenging as I was all straight, no dog legs or water hazards to lay up to. I hit only two clubs off the tees all day, my driver and 9 iron. Pace of play was also hindered from the layout as the one wrong shot could place you two fairways over, and still playable from the fairway. Our pace was constantly halted from waiting for other players driving into our fairway to play their lie for nearby holes. We were almost hit by errant no less than 4 times without fore being called. This layout is literally stacked on top of each other. Greens were the fastest I’ve ever played and could never get a read on them as about every fifth hole would slow back down and not be as fast as the previous. With the high of 110 degrees, we were strategically parking our carts in the very limited shade areas as hardly any trees were present on the course.

Overall this is a good course that is well kept. Our party wished it to be a bit more challenging and scenic. The pace of play and constant irritation of waiting on other players from nearby holes to play their poor shots put a hindrance on our overall moods and momentum of play. I would recommend this course to anyone, but not to my friends. For my preferences, there are many other courses worth the same price of play that have much more to offer without the challenges of a course packed so tightly together.

Awesome Layout

This was my first time playing this course, and I absolutely loved it! Gave a links style feel to it, which played very forgiving off the tee. Gives you a lot of confidence off the tee, knowing you can swing freely and that any misses right or left will still be playable (often times still in fairway, just a different holes' fairway). Greens were in pretty good condition, and putts rolled true. All in all, it was a fun course. I got paired with some good guys, and we were all of similar skill, so it helped the round go faster.

Fun course

The course is forgiving in most locations if you hit a wayward shot. Greens are good with a couple of bad spots, but overall in good shape. The rest of the course is decent.

Decent place for the money

This isn't your TPC course or your 4 seasons but you will enjoy playing here.

For the price this place is not too bad. I play here at least 5-6 times a month and the greens can be treated but what do you expect for Texas summer.

They do have tournaments yearly around and don't be surprised if you see bunch of kids playing golf with the entire family. Yet at times it is very slow where you can really enjoy and talk with your golf partner.

The putting green can use some TLC - it looks like there are a lot of beginners who doesn't patch up any damages they caused.

There really isn't any barrier expect if you slice your ball it may go to Hole 7 or 8 lol.

I would say sometimes the staff is not friendly and very unhappy to be there but last weekend on 24th the guy was really cool and attentive.

Great Course for working out the kinks

I've been playing at Lake Park now for a few years and it's consistently a fun course. I love it for a few reasons.

1. This course is wide open, no houses lining the fairways. So, players at any level between beginner to part time duffer will have fun. I from time to time have a nasty slice and the presence of houses really gets in my head. This course as I said is wide open so that is not an issue here.

2. It's not a super hard course so again great for beginners or to work out the kinks.

3. It's a pretty course located up against Lewisville Lake.

While the course is well maintained, the greens are difficult to judge. They can play super fast and sometimes they can be a bit bumpy. Cup location is sometimes questionable; either close to the front of the green and/or in a spot that has a ring, raised lip all around it.

I like

The name is somewhat misleading. There are a few ponds of water but the course is wide open and the water really does not affect play. It’s a very nice course to work on yourhame. It is not a great layout but worth playing. The staff is friendly and a cart person made regular rounds. I will play it again.

Nice round

A decent course that has lots of room for bad shots. Green are decent. Fairways also ok. Pace of play was pretty good. As a single, I’m used to a 2 hour round, but this did take 2 1/2, but it flowed pretty well. Staff was very courteous.

Never to Hot to Play

First time playing the course. In the middle of June in the middle of the day. This course was a little confusing for me since I never played here, and I played alone. But the pro shop did tell me where to start and the course layout is very similar to other courses in the metroplex. The layout was not bad, and the course was not to busy. The greens and fairway were about what to be expected since it's June. I did note that some of the carts needed attention and light maintenance done to them. I never saw service cart bring drinks or refreshments doing my round. I did like this course it put me in mind of some of the older courses layout. There were a few holes that really challenge me that's what I needed playing alone. I will definitely play here again, but with additional players which would make the game fun and not just a round in the heat. Especially on a course of this design. Thanks for the golf pamphlet it's helpful for any course. If you play in the summer at this course hydrate well, and dress "golf" lightly.

SLOW - No marshal on course

SLOWEST ROUND I HAVE EVER PLAYED!

The worst part was that it really wasn’t terribly busy, I didn’t have wait to tee off. I caught the traffic jam on the 3rd hole. There was not a marshal on the course to keep a reasonable pace of play. The course is not challenging and wide open, so there should not be a lot of delays trying to find a lost ball.

The foursomes on the course played slower than anyplace I have ever played. All golfers could see that the teams were stacked two - three teams deep and every team continued to play slower than anyone would consider reasonable. This is self centered and rude, pick up the pace of play! I quit playing after hole 12. Frustrating! The course was in ok condition, but they have to have a marshal on the course.

It is unlikely I will ever go back.

Groundhog Day

This course is well maintained and managed. It is an excellent value and I played it pretty well. The course is not difficult...the back tees are not that long for the average golfer. My main complaint was that there is no character to this course...every hole looks and feels the same. The holes are flat and straight, the greens are average size, the bunkers are minimal and not in positions that create issues. It is a great place to learn how to play...if you are a 10 hcp or better, you’ll not be challenged here. But golf is always better than work...so enjoy! They have a great practice facility.

Lewisville, Texas