2.3

Type Private

Year Built 1974
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Mark Brooks Golf

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Golf Academy At Walnut Creek Country Club"

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

HORRIBLE Country Club

I have been a member of Walnut Creek for over 5 years now, and have enjoyed the course maybe a quarter of the time. The course is good for maybe a week after 4-5 weeks of punched and sanded greens and everyone gets excited to play on decent greens and we come in the morning only to find there is a tournament scheduled everyday on either course for the next week. Over the last 4 weeks, I have been up there every single day and 3/4 of the time I try to go out and play, there is a tournament!! It is ridiculous! They don't check tee times EVER so there is always a trillion people on the golf course and now that membership costs are so low, you have a great chance of getting stuck behind a person who hasn't played the game of golf before in athletic shorts and a tshirt who doesn't know a thing of golf etiquette. I often compete in tournaments and find it hard to compete when I get close to the greens, especially with wedges because at walnut creek, if there is a back pin from 100 yards, you have to land it on the front of the green in order to get it anywhere near the hole. The course is like concrete from fairway to green. I dread going to practice every day because there is always something new destroyed or being "fixed". Put all the money you are making into the golf course and fix this club until it turns into a public course. It is ridiculous. I CANNOT wait to leave this course and would've left long ago if there was a course besides Mansfield National anywhere near me. The constant change of management needs to stop and you need to understand that there is not a member that is happy with the club right now. It is prime time golf season and both of your courses look like wastelands, including the driving range and putting green. This place is a joke, I wouldn't recommend it to a soul.

potential and problems

Our foursome played as guests on a promotion. When I questioned the difference between what the certificate said and what I was charged the Director of Golf promptly told me I didn't have to play there. What a lovely welcome to a group of guests!!!
The course was in really nice shape except for the bunkers. They appear to have not been raked since it stopped raining 4 days ago. For a CC that isn't acceptable; were I a member hosting a guest I would be very embarrassed.

Private Course but you can find deals online to play

This is one of the better courses that I have played in the DFW area. We played the Pecan course (two 18 hole courses, Pecan and Oaks) and the fairways were nice and full and the rough was actually cut rough. The greens had just been sanded when I played but I imagine on a normal day that they roll pretty good. Overall the course was great and I would recommend that anyone play here if they get the opportunity. The guy that checked me in at the pro shop wasn't very friendly but I was able to overlook that. After we got done playing we ate lunch at the restaurant, I ordered the cheeseburger and it was very good.

Mansfield, Texas