Oak Hollow Golf Course

Architect Maury Miller

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Pace of play?

Parking lot not even a quarter full but yet we have 7 groups within a hole and half. If you’re going to have a starter and course marshal, then make sure they know how to their job. Both the marshal and starter basically sat under a big shade tree and chit chat, but they’re going to take advantage of that free golf they get.

Commented on 06/04/2020

Hello, u145352766. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

adequate

this is an average golf course......

the greens are not in good condition at this time.....

many brown patches and bumpy rolls.....

otherwise it is average - paying more than 40 dollars for this experience is a bit steep

having said all of that I would play here again for the right price...

Commented on 06/02/2020

Hello u2770682. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 06/02/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Oak Hollow Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

I dont care what anyone says.

I have read some of the bad reviews for this course and I can tell you that these people must have some kind of a vendetta. The course is always in amazing shape. The fairways are as well. This course is no pushover, but what a great time you'll have trying to defeat it. The staff is as friendly and professional as they come. It's TRUE that I've played better courses, but not for $35.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Commented on 05/04/2020

Hi bnoskin. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Oak Hollow Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

worst experience in 20 years

After so much rain and great weather, you would think that every golf course in area would be in at least decent shape. No so here.
Conditions were the second worst I ever experienced. Only Los Rios has been worse and I never returned. The course in late April looked more like a course in late August with little water or TLC.
But, that was not the worst. The golfers there lack skill, etiquette and common sense. All that relates into very slow and frustrating play. So many examples in one day of golfers who had no idea, or just did not care, how to play golf quickly.
All this very surprising from the City of McKinney. A muni should be decent; this one tarnishes the City's great reputation.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 05/04/2020

Suggestions for improvement: (1) Have three marshals on the course at all times on weekends. If golfers abuse the course in any way, warn them and then throw them off. (2) 90 degree rule for the month of May. (3) water all the time; (4) fertilize and aerate; (5) when golfers complain about all the maintenance, tell them to come back in three months

Commented on 05/04/2020

Hi ajjvtljp. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

Hard pan

The best thing I can say is it’s one is the few courses with golf carts available right now. Staff working hard, no issues here. As for the course. With it being spring time, was very surprised it played like late August after a heat wave. Fairways dead, greens hard as rocks and bumpy. Course cross crosses, a few interesting holes otherwise a very pedestrian course. Strange outlier is the #1 handicap hole (8), a carry over a ravine to a skinny fairway to a 2nd shot to a narrow green protected on left and front with a gully and trees to the right, this is a legit hole. Paid $36 so I can’t complain too much, but some seed and water wound make this a presentable course

Commented on 04/29/2020

Hi, u456691222. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Oak Hollow Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Conditions of course were horrible especially for April. Everything dead from tee box to greens. Thought driving range was open but they were fertilizing at 10:00am so it was closed. The $25.00 green fee not worth it

Commented on 04/20/2020

Hi u000007090695. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

A little disappointed...

Been to this course many times a over the past year, today was by far the worst Course conditions I have ever seen. The fairways were dead and dried out, and I don’t mean just a little here and there either. The greens were hard as concrete...I played fairly well today, and I stopped the ball on the green, from the fairway...maybe 3 times. Please get this course fixed up, it’s a nice little track for the money.

Commented on 04/14/2020

Hello, u181867303. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Anonymous

It felt good to get out and get some exercise with all the covid stuff around. Hope you stay open.

Commented on 04/14/2020

Plays Once a year
Commented on 04/09/2020

Commented on 04/03/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u725921720! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Commented on 03/31/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, BC123! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Texas Advisor

Oak Hollow

Thank you to Oak Hollow for remaining open during this time. Upon arriving I was told that the carts are sanitized before every round and that it's 1 person per cart. I can not give the staff enough credit! Everyone I spoke with was extremely friendly and more than willing to discuss new protocols for keeping you and the staff safe.
With that being said, the course is currently in rough shape. The greens are very bumpy and have a bunch of brown spots. I'm not sure if they are re-sanding the bunkers on, I believe #17 or removing them. It was hard to tell the difference between fairway and rough, due to dormant/dead grass on fairways. Now with that being said, I saw Greens and Grounds staff all over the course, so they are working on the issues. Im sure of two things, one I will play Oak Hollow again in a few months. Two, the course will be in much better shape.

Commented on 03/31/2020

Hello TheOBchef. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Very Family and Fivesome Friendly

This course is very family friendly. Even if one of your family doesn't have clubs or if your family/group has five players. No problem on this course. Pace of play is not a consideration.
My friends and I have played this course seven times in the last ten weeks so this is a review based on experience. We generally play twice a week and have a number of courses that are in our rotation. Oak Hollow is our course of last resort.
The staff is friendly but the communication between the clubhouse and starter is not good.

Commented on 03/16/2020

Hi jhsellars. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

Friendly

Very friendly and helpful staff course in good condition
It's March so no expectations on conditions
Recommend your u play this course.

Commented on 03/11/2020

Commented on 03/09/2020

Hello, u640423168. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

Plays good

My biggest issue is and will always be the play of their greens. I find this course fun and challenging. You will have a hard time finding a better value as it is very inexpensive. I will be back for sure.

Commented on 03/09/2020

Play

If she makes you a sammich after whoopie then that's love but if there's no sammich then it's just whoopie.

Commented on 02/20/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, nicknabors! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Great Shape for this time of year

Played Here for the first time in months. I was very impressed on the course conditions. Greens was in pretty good shape and rolled true. Tee boxes were taken care of as well.. Hats off to the staff, that’s what made this round worth coming back, from the clubhouse, starter, the Marshall and of course the cart girl!!! Great Weekend at Oak Hollow!!!

Commented on 02/04/2020